Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Wild guess about Slim Pickens



  1. Default Wild guess about Slim Pickens

    What do you guys think, could it be possible that Slim Pickens is going to be an updated version of Tonight I Do? You know, the song from the 1986 tapes, that starts out with When Johnny Comes Marching Home.

    It's the same melody that was used as a recurring motif in Dr. Strangelove, which is referenced in Slim Picken's full title. I'd personally dig it.

    Sorry if this theory has came up before.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    4,391


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    What do you guys think, could it be possible that Slim Pickens is going to be an updated version of Tonight I Do? You know, the song from the 1986 tapes, that starts out with When Johnny Comes Marching Home.

    It's the same melody that was used as a recurring motif in Dr. Strangelove, which is referenced in Slim Picken's full title. I'd personally dig it.

    Sorry if this theory has came up before.
    Not really sure and it is speculation, because I havent heard it yet, but many people told me that I would really like Dividing by Zero and Slim Pickens... The kind of songs I am usually into is like Half Truism, Meaning of Life, TKAA... Etc. dont know if this helped

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    1,129


    Default

    since i read that Dexter started to write it since last album http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inter...ee_chords.html I guess that's the dark version of staff is messed up that one day Noodles told. we will know soon
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

    Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Parallel Universe
    Posts
    360


    Default

    I have a feeling that it will be like "Walla Walla" or something.
    Last edited by Defender; 06-09-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    Enslave my mind...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Prague, CZ
    Posts
    842


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    The kind of songs I am usually into is like Half Truism, Meaning of Life....
    I think we could start play The Meaning of Life campaign.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    1,129


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    I think we could start play The Meaning of Life campaign.
    we had please play DUI and Change the World campaign for this tour but I dont think they will
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

    Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,546


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greekoldfan View Post
    we had please play DUI and Change the World campaign for this tour but I dont think they will
    those songs should definitely be played live at least once

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,200


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    I think we could start play The Meaning of Life campaign.
    I'm SO with you on that one. Ya got mi vote, sir'!
    Ståle / Norway / (time to get back)
    joined 03-29-2008 with the account manic subsida.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    597


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    those songs should definitely be played live at least once
    I thought they did play Changed the World once in Canada in 97? But they never played DUI.
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,546


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KTILLA23 View Post
    I thought they did play Changed the World once in Canada in 97? But they never played DUI.
    wow really is there a live recording of it?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •