Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what has the offspring done for you

Default what has the offspring done for you

i just wanted to see how the offspring has changed lives or made good times with their fans

I had a lot of rough times the last few years like losing my home and my way of life through their music they helped me get the courage and strength to walk through

favorite song for the time was defy you

Helped me through some rough 10 years. I can definitely say I wouldn't be the same person I am today if it weren't for The Offspring. Have an offspring tattoo on my arm to prove it Their music is in my blood and soul.
    "Noodles, the man who put the O in Obrigado." - Dexter Holland

"You're a sexy fucking audience!" - Noodles

"It is the power of music, to carry one directly into the mental state of the composer. The listener has no choice, it is like hypnotism." -Beethoven

i weighed 200 pounds and i felt so bad about myself. i never had motivation to workout and make a change. i discovered the offspring and when i was listening to songs like "all i want" "long way home" and "meaning of life" it gave me such an adrenaline rush and it just made me want to move. i hated running but it became such an awesome experience when your sprinting as hard as you can while hearing "ALLL I WAAAANT" blasting in your ears. thanks to there motivation i lost 50 pounds and just finished running my first marathon, listening to a lot of offspring along the way

thers so many songs of the offspring thats got me through shity times
    and still is getting me through.
    but i cant not go without mensioning the good times with the offspring

but they are so many diffrent emosions that the songs help with.
    Last edited by the hitcher; 06-09-2012 at 01:40 PM.

I became a fan in 2002 (when I was 15) and I've been listening to them every single day, when I'm happy, sad, angry and If I can if I want to preserve a special occasion I put one song so then that song brings me back to that moment. I've grown with them! thanks offspring!

When I was a lot younger, they helped me drive away girls from me when I tried, and subsequently failed miserably to rip off Dexter's hairstyle

Quote Originally Posted by TheNooseIsFalling View Post
    When I was a lot younger, they helped me drive away girls from me when I tried, and subsequently failed miserably to rip off Dexter's hairstyle
    Hah me too! My braids were just terrible. What was I thinking?

I am who I am (and proud of who I am) because of them. The Meaning Of Life pretty much describes the way I live.

musically, they've have changed everything from my life to my sucky relationships with men. I am in love with their music and like them for being themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by joshgenis View Post
    i weighed 200 pounds and i felt so bad about myself. i never had motivation to workout and make a change. i discovered the offspring and when i was listening to songs like "all i want" "long way home" and "meaning of life" it gave me such an adrenaline rush and it just made me want to move. i hated running but it became such an awesome experience when your sprinting as hard as you can while hearing "ALLL I WAAAANT" blasting in your ears. thanks to there motivation i lost 50 pounds and just finished running my first marathon, listening to a lot of offspring along the way
    Wow! Good job.

(See bottom for the short version)
    The Offspring introduced me to more pop-punk bands and thankfully more punk bands which lead me to many other sub-genres of punk (why does everyone hate ska-punk? ). I used to always listen to a lot of classic rock, some Alt Metal, and some metal. Now I primarily listen to punk (and it's sub-genres) and I love it. I still like the other rock genres, but punk it my new found favorite. If it weren't for The Offspring, I might just be another lame tasteless teenager listening to the poppiest of pop music (probably not, but there's a chance it would have worked out that way).

I also listen to The Offspring if I'm angry, if I'm sad, if I'm happy, or if I'd like to become happy. Their music always suits my mood (depending on which album and songs of course). The majority of punk does that for me, but The Offspring are the best at it.

I should also give some credit to Rise Against for keeping me away from pop. I found them, gained a hatred for pop, listened to less classic rock, got bored of RA, decided to look for a better band, thought to myself "what was that amazing band I heard being played a couple years ago?", found crisp246's YouTube channel and listened to every Offspring song he had (he only had Ixnay, Americana, and Conspiracy of One at the time). I listened to The Offspring like crazy and then found my other favorite punk artists. I still like Rise Against, but I can't listen to them every day like I do The Offspring.

Long story short:
    The Offspring has refined my musical preferences into something with a little taste. They lead me to my favorite genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."