Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Very bad review of CC by LA TIMES ...

Default Very bad review of CC by LA TIMES ...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...alifornia.html

"Honestly, we didn't think we'd encounter the words "the Offspring" printed anywhere outside of a KROQ-FM festival." OUCH!
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

Oh well. To hell with that article.

Quote Originally Posted by tylercosgrove1989 View Post
    Oh well. To hell with that article.
    if it was a amateur blog or some small zine review I wouldn't care, but we're talking about LA TIMES. This is the only big newspaper that usually does big articles about the band...
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

I agree with that article. It doesn't mean the whole album is gonna suck thouh. I still got some hope. Fingers crossed!

The truth may hurt now, but with a lot o luck it'll get to them and make them change their minds about some stuff they do.
    We all know Dexter is very smart and totally capable of better music.
    Last edited by malepunker; 06-11-2012 at 08:54 AM.

While I don't really disagree with anything the reviewer says in this article, it kinda bums me out that people think of Offspring as a "novelty act." Their last album had no goofy pop songs, and they even put out "Days Go By" before "Cruising California."

They must've known, though, that they were taking a risk putting out a song like "Cruising California," knowing some people, fans, critics, would hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rooster View Post

They must've known, though, that they were taking a risk putting out a song like "Cruising California," knowing some people, fans, critics, would hate it.
    Oh yes, and do you really think they didn't know that would happen?

Dance fuckers dance! lol
    Bad reviews for the song are to be expected. It is a bad song after all.
    Fanboys can be silenced via moderator edits, but there's no shutting up the media!
    There's 11 other tracks on the record. Fingers crossed for them! I'm still optimistic based on the other 3 we've heard!
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

The Offpring want to put out these dumbass goofy songs, then they deserve to get torn apart and forgotten. Why? Cause the songs are absolutely horrible. They have released some all time shit in the past 2-3albums for radio airplay. Original Prankster...one of the stupidest fucking songs ever. Hit That and Pretty Fly for a White Guy are also on the dumbass loser list. And they are proud of this crap? And now we have CC (BIMT). I mean does ANYONE really listen to these songs other than the occaisional radio airplay? Do you go home at night and really want to listen to this stuff? I have never wanted to hear those songs again after hearing them on the radio...ever.

I don't agree with it at all. I happen to love Cruising California. They wanted to do something different, they did, and they are proud of it. It's still as simple as if you don't like it, don't listen to it. Get over it. It's not 1994 anymore. And yeah there are a lot of songs about California. To me, it seems like it shouldn't bother anyone. Why does everyone have to take everything so seriously? Why can't everyone stop being so uptight and try to have a good time? I know it sucks mostly because it is from the LA times, but I still say to hell with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    The Offpring want to put out these dumbass goofy songs, then they deserve to get torn apart and forgotten. Why? Cause the songs are absolutely horrible. They have released some all time shit in the past 2-3albums for radio airplay. Original Prankster...one of the stupidest fucking songs ever. Hit That and Pretty Fly for a White Guy are also on the dumbass loser list. And they are proud of this crap? And now we have CC (BIMT). I mean does ANYONE really listen to these songs other than the occaisional radio airplay? Do you go home at night and really want to listen to this stuff? I have never wanted to hear those songs again after hearing them on the radio...ever.
    Thats your opinion based on your taste in music. I love all those songs and yes I go home and listen to all those songs often.