Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Very bad review of CC by LA TIMES ...

And you know what else? If you want to talk shit about the Offspring start your own "I hate the offspring message board." No one can stop you. But I don't think the band would appreciate all these hateful words on their own website.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    The Offpring want to put out these dumbass goofy songs, then they deserve to get torn apart and forgotten. Why? Cause the songs are absolutely horrible. They have released some all time shit in the past 2-3albums for radio airplay. Original Prankster...one of the stupidest fucking songs ever. Hit That and Pretty Fly for a White Guy are also on the dumbass loser list. And they are proud of this crap? And now we have CC (BIMT). I mean does ANYONE really listen to these songs other than the occaisional radio airplay? Do you go home at night and really want to listen to this stuff? I have never wanted to hear those songs again after hearing them on the radio...ever.
    They're fun songs and I do enjoy listening to them. Except WDYGAJ, pretty sick of that one, but only because I've listened to it too much!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    The Offpring want to put out these dumbass goofy songs, then they deserve to get torn apart and forgotten. Why? Cause the songs are absolutely horrible. They have released some all time shit in the past 2-3albums for radio airplay. Original Prankster...one of the stupidest fucking songs ever. Hit That and Pretty Fly for a White Guy are also on the dumbass loser list. And they are proud of this crap? And now we have CC (BIMT). I mean does ANYONE really listen to these songs other than the occaisional radio airplay? Do you go home at night and really want to listen to this stuff? I have never wanted to hear those songs again after hearing them on the radio...ever.
    I actually listen to CC more than days go by... Yours' one of those useless comments, just like mine

Quote Originally Posted by malepunker View Post
    I agree with that article. [...]
    So do I (maybe it's a little harsh but still ...), and yup, it's the LA Times. So much for a single song can't have an "impact" on a band's "image" in a way Well, maybe there's humourless/immature people working there too?!
    Interesting and kind of sad at the same time to see that CC has stirred way more attention than TFIN and DGB ...

Above Advanced Search (which is for pussies)

Did. Not. Read. Lolz.

Kiss my ass L.A.Times.

Also, I like the song.
    Listen to Britney Spears:

-Hit Me Baby One More Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    I remember there had been three threads about it already. Use the search button.
    Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    The search button does let us down every now and then.

6. Default

Meh, show me a positive review about CC, that'd be big news.

These are just articles though, I think the really sad part is the hate-filled user comments, like on this site:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/sweet...ng-vide,80973/

And sadly, contrary to popular belief around here, the haters do "get" the song, do enjoy feelgood hits and do like the ban... awright, I'll stop before I overstay my welcome We've argued about this enough in CC's own thread.

This article is is right I think. CC will probably be a reason for a lot of people to completely write off The Offspring and not buy the album. The record company wanted to make it a single, which only show that they don't give a shit at all. They probably heard autotune and their eyes went all dollar signs. As a pretty fucked up kind of Intermission on the record I could have accepted this song but, well...
    This song has been discussed to death. Nothing to add here without attracting all the fanboys here so go on and shred the article.

This is one persons opinion who happens to write for the LA times. It doesnt matter....

I finally listened to the song. I thought it was freaking hilarious.

Sure, it isn't punk rock. Sure, it sounds like something Ark Music Factory might write. Sure, it may be generic. But I laughed my ass off.
    Your back's to the wall, that's protocol;
    It's sequestering your spirit, misleading us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles

Quote Originally Posted by RonWelty View Post
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...alifornia.html

"Honestly, we didn't think we'd encounter the words "the Offspring" printed anywhere outside of a KROQ-FM festival." OUCH!
    or in the la times which dexter did a interview with in 2008

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,1497135.story