Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Days Go By Appreciation Thread!

Default Days Go By Appreciation Thread!

Post your thoughts and praises of the new album here. One thread makes it easier for the band to cycle through and see what fans think of the album.

I'll start by saying the energy on this album is incredible, more than I think since at least Americana, and this maybe even makes that album look sluggish in comparison. The lyrics are incredibly strong, and I wish I had the liner notes to follow along so I don't miss them all. Unlike RAFRAG, which was my favorite album since Ixnay, this album starts and finishes strong, which is great to see. Yes the album is front-loaded with more up-tempo tracks, but the "experiments" in the second half of the album are pretty successful and the 1-2 punch of Db0 and Slim Pickens is incredible. At the risk of sounding unappreciative of all the work the band put into this album, I honestly am already eager for album 10.
    Last edited by brothadave79; 06-19-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    Go on now they won‘t tell
    Go on now and save yourself

Default Listen to and rate Days Go By here!!!!!

Stream:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...go-by-20120619

Leave your thoughts on their (VERY AWESOMELY FAST) new album here.

The Stream via Rolling Stone! thread already seems to serve that purpose. Now it'll get confusing because people will also post here .

Haven't listened yet. I'm off to my buddy's place (we always listen to new Offspring releases together since he got me in to the band in '99) and we're going to have a mini listening party for ourselves before purchasing the album next week.

so far i love it, im on "all i have left is you" to be honest its kind of annoying after all the fast paced stuff, i wish i could hate it but im too homo for dexters voice. he can read off the yellowpages and ill listen...

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    The Stream via Rolling Stone! thread already seems to serve that purpose. Now it'll get confusing because people will also post here .
    Well I figured this would be a better thread for the weeks to come than that one.
    Go on now they won‘t tell
    Go on now and save yourself

So far I've loved every single song except Cruisin' California (which I liked well enough as a jokey single but it REALLY doesn't fit with the rest of the album, IMO) but I can't wait to hear the rest of it. So far I'm blown away.

I already expressed my opinion about Days Go By in the other thread, but I'm gonna repeat that one just to make it clear: I love the album!

yes it's worth repeating! fucking love it!

Quote Originally Posted by brothadave79 View Post
    Well I figured this would be a better thread for the weeks to come than that one.
    Fair enough.

This album is great!