Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Days Go By Appreciation Thread!

the new version of dirty magic is mind blowingly good. album as a whole is fucking SOLID. can't wait to buy it.
    Dance fucker, dance.

twitter.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The Search Button View Post
    OC Guns.

Best stoned/drunk song eva?
    Yeah, it sounds a bit like a chill-out Gorillaz song. That's the first thing that came to my mind, and I'm it's not a bad thing at all. I think it's actually one of my favorites from the bunch. But almost all of them are pretty good (I shall never mention CC again )

After a couple of listens here's my track-by-track review:

- The Future Is Now: 9 - Very strong and powerful song, good lyrics. A couple of production issues, though (2:27). It is slower than when played live.
    - Secrets From The Underground: 9,5 Love it, Trust in You with steroids, almost perfect.
    - Days Go By: 5 It's just boring to me
    - Turning Into You: 7 Not bad but I don't get hooked on it
    - Hurting As One: 8,5 Love the way it reminds me to Something to Believe In. Very cool.
    - Cruising California: 2 This should never have been here. It the band was looking for another Pretty Fly, this was a bad choice.
    - All I Have Left Is You: 5,5 It's better than Kristy or Fix You but much worse than A Lot Like Me. Im sorry but i just think Dexter has no voice for slow ballads.
    - OC Guns: 6,5 Surprisingly, i like it, and I think it could be a late single. But the last 3 songs together sort of kill the powerful vibe of the album. I love when Dexter says "cabrón".
    - Dirty Magic: 9 Great song improved.
    - Secret Family: 7 Another surprise, it's not a Spare me the details sort of song, it's much more powerful.
    - Dividing By Zero: 9 Great fast, powerful tune
    - Slim Pickens: 10 Just awesome. Lyrics, melodies, everything. Hope it'll be a single. Love it.

Overall: 8 It reminds me to Americana in terms of diversity and quality. Powerful beginning and ending, weaker middle part, but still a very pleasant surprise: It's definitely much better that everything they've done since 1998. My congratulations to the band.
    Last edited by ppronni; 06-19-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ppronni View Post

- The Future Is Now: 9 - Very strong and powerful song, good lyrics. A couple of production issues, though (2:27). It is slower than when played live.
    I liked that break-up at 2:27 a lot. Sounded very 1984 dystopian stuff as if a broadcast was being broken up and cut off. Or like the Matrix, I guess, but I hate that shit.
    Go on now they won‘t tell
    Go on now and save yourself

It's easily the best since CO1 - I am seriously impressed with this album, there is a proper Bob Rock / Metallica feel to one or two tracks which is fine and actually suits the lads down to the ground.

Put it this way, I will know all the words to the is entire album soon enough, something I just couldn't do with RAFRAG.

Great Album!
    www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

"if you throw a cup at my head again im dropping 'bob' outta the set-list"

Quote Originally Posted by ppronni View Post

- Secrets From The Underground: 9,5 Love it, Trust in You with steroids, almost perfect.
    - Days Go By: 5 It's just boring to me
    - Turning Into You: 7 Not bad but I don't get hooked on it
    - Hurting As One: 8,5 Love the way it reminds me to Something to Believe In. Very cool.
    - Cruising California: 2 This should have never have been here. It the band was looking for another Pretty Fly, this was a bad choice.
    - All I Have Left Is You: 5,5 It's better than Kristy or Fix You but much worse than A Lot Like Me. Im sorry but i just think Dexter has no voice for slow ballads.
    - OC Guns: 6,5 Surprisingly, i like it, and I think it could be a late single. But the last 3 songs together sort of kill the powerful vibe of the album. I love when Dexter says "cabrón".
    - Dirty Magic: 9 Great song improved.
    - Secret Family: 7 Another surprise, it's not a Spare me the details sort of song, it's much more powerful.
    - Dividing By Zero: 9 Great fast, powerful tune
    - Slim Pickens: 10 Just awesome. Lyrics, melodies, everything. Hope it'll be a single. Love it.

Overall: 8 It reminds me to Americana in terms of diversity and quality. Powerful beginning and ending, weaker middle part, but still a very pleasant surprise: It's definitely much better that everything they've done since 1998. My congratulations to the band.
    Don't agree with all the ratings but great review
    www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

"if you throw a cup at my head again im dropping 'bob' outta the set-list"

I appreciate this album because my cat died yesterday and this makes me feel a lot better. It's a good thing that this album is pretty good.

my ratings:

TFIN: 9-9.5. No need to comment how good it is.
    SECRETS: for me around 6 6,5, with time might turn in a 7 7,5. sounds like a rise against song
    DAYS GO BY: 7, nice message, nice guitar riff.
    TURNING INTO YOU: 8-8.5, weezerlike intro?
    CC: 1. Just because i like to say CALIIFOOORNIA. Awful.
    HURTING AS ONE: this should be from SMASH. 9.
    All i have left is you: 2/3. With time it might become a 4-6 like Fix you, but it needs to grow.
    OC Guns: I thought I would hate this song. I don't. 8
    Dirty Magic 2012: 10. 10. 10. 10 isn't enough. (0.23s to 0.28 creates multiple orgasms in me)
    I wanna secret family with you: 7 7,5, this should be the pop single. I think it+s catchy, even if in some times it remembers me of katy perry style of singing in TGIF friday: 1:25 - 1:35s.
    Dividing by zero: I get it+s a punk song, the chorus is strong. It could be from their first album. But it doesn't make it an absolute masterpiece. 6.5 / 7
    slim pickens: 8-9.
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

Quote Originally Posted by offspringer24 View Post
    Don't agree with all the ratings but great review
    Thank you I really liked the album, some songs have me amazed.

this album is awesome, love it!
    I just didn't like O.C. Guns, but that's because I don't like reggae stuff, so the reason is personal,it's not a bad song.
    I'm just a sucker with no self esteem
    myspace