Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Days Go By Appreciation Thread!

I must say, this album deffo took some listenings before i really liked it, but i was simply too scared after the failure of "RAFRAG"

But now i must say really like it, with a minimal of songs i skip, (why they always put some songs like that on the albums, i dont know) I love what they did to Dirty Magic, (at first i was like "wtf, make new songs" untill i realized its connected to "I wanna secret family....")it really got a nice makeover.

But now..... I got in my car, and listens to it everyday (i got approx 280km to and from work).

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Still, though. Bring back Dave, dammit. :P Or work with Vig again, he was amazing on that track.
    i would love to see them do a album with butch vig or bring back dave jerden he did a amazing job on ixnay on the hombre and americana

Default I can appreciate Days Go By

It's by far my favorite album but I know they're capable of potentially toping it off a knoch with a tenth album in the future.

I love this album! Cruisin' California took about a dozen times listening to it before it really grew on me. But I love this whole album! I do think it could be a little bit more raw sounding, but that's not a big deal for me. I think the new songs sound great live (from what I've heard of them). This album is meant to be cranked in your car! LOL!

Selena

Quote Originally Posted by PulFen View Post
    I must say, this album deffo took some listenings before i really liked it, but i was simply too scared after the failure of "RAFRAG"
    RAFRAG charted higher and was more successful then days go by

I've really got addictive to the song Days Go By lately. Play it on full volume to a set of good headphones and it's incredible. The drums possibly and Dexter's vocals being the highlight of the whole song.
    * !

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    I've really got addictive to the song Days Go By lately. Play it on full volume to a set of good headphones and it's incredible. The drums possibly and Dexter's vocals being the highlight of the whole song.
    Same here! I think it's a great song, you got to love that "All your anger all your hurt doesn't matter in the end" part.
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

i agree days go by is a great song i think it was the best choice for the first single

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    RAFRAG charted higher and was more successful then days go by
    RAFRAG had some really strong tracks, on steroids. HH and Kid killed it. DGB is kinda more consistent and solid, let's wait for other DGB singles...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Yeah, drums and vocals, that's what I said 3 months ago right? :d I eat those albums like cookies. The song is very perfect and good, scientifically evolved. Drums are like that too, they pick directions, almost doing illusions, very tasty or maybe the song opens like a flower...
    Quote Originally Posted by KTILLA23 View Post
    Same here! I think it's a great song, you got to love that "All your anger all your hurt doesn't matter in the end" part.
    "All your anger all your hurt doesn't matter in the end" part is very wise but it could become laughable or cheesy one day, if some asholes abuse it. :d

My favourite songs are changing in time as the do in every album... "The End of The Line" from Americana took a lot of time to open for me, but to this date it's one of my favourite songs! I think every song from Americana now has been my all time favourite at some point expect Feelings.

But speaking of Days Go By, the song I'm really into right now is Hurting As One. Mostly because it has been the opener at the gigs and I can imagine being at shows even at my home and just the feel the energy this being the intro song.

I prefer listening to Days Go By (the song itself) live track rather than the studio version... of live versions my definite favourite is from Jimmy Kimmel. Perfect combination between the sounds and the bass is brilliantly in balance. Also Self Esteem from that is just great performance. And of course, the earlier version "You'll Find A Way" brings back good memories of the 2011 two weeks tour. I admit, I did listen to that version just the other day, ha.

The song that is still waiting for its momentum for me is Turning Into You. But hey, it might take a year, or years. What happened with The End Of The Line is that I truely became a hardcore fan of the song just after 12 years. So you never know... not the best single choice IMO though.
    Last edited by Zee; 09-28-2012 at 03:17 PM.