Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Days Go By Appreciation Thread!

Just listened to it. My opinion on it:

The Future is Now: Decent but not one of their best. The chorus sounds like the one in "Savior" by Rise Against, which has probably been mentioned several times before.

Secrets From The Underground: I like it! Very catchy, fun track, with the socially conscious lyrics of "Ignition" and "Smash". Sounds like a nice blending of the new and old.

Days Go By: A decent choice for a single but not something I'd listen to all the time.

Turning Into You: Don't really like the first 5 seconds with the drum machine effect, but after that it gets great! I like it. Another one that sounds like a blend of the old and new Offspring.

Hurting as One: Even better than TIY. One of my favorites on this album for sure! Classic Offspring, right down to the whoa oh ohs.

Cruising California: The worst joke song they've done so far. It's just not that entertaining and I'd rather not listen to this again.

All I Have Left is You: Definitely better than the ballad-y songs on the last time. I like it, personally.

OC Guns: Sounds like a bad Sublime throwaway. Not as painful as CC, but still pretty terrible, in my opinion.

Dirty Magic: I like it - not as much as the original, but still a nice rerecording. Sounds better raw in my opinion, but hey, I'm glad it'll introduce newer fans to this incredible song.

I Wanna Secret Family (With You): Very fun song, THIS should have been the other single. Not CC. This has everything that's enjoyable about the more lighthearted side of Offspring IMO, it reminds me of Want You Bad.

Dividing by Zero: Fucking awesome! My favorite song on the album, personally. That middle eastern riff near the end kicks ass!

Slim Pickens: Also fucking awesome! This album really went out with a bang, that's for sure. Great chorus here! I imagine it'd be a lot of fun to sing along with at shows.

Overall, a solid album! I'd put it on the same level as Americana - a couple of stinkers, but a good one regardless. Better than CO1, Splinter, and especially RAFRAG (which I see as their worst) imo.

Quote Originally Posted by vionline View Post
    Im sorry , but thats the truth, the NUMBER 1 FAN who loves every shit they do!

uhasuhsahusahu
    no that's your opinion. which is still welcome even whe useless. you have 3 new songs on you Ipod, some will have 12. bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    no that's your opinion. which is still welcome even whe useless. you have 3 new songs on you Ipod, some will have 12. bye
    GOOD FOR YOU, NUMBER 1 FAN!! ohhh PAUL!

Let me start off by saying the production on this album is VERY good. It's much, much better than on RFRG, and not as overly-crystal-shiny as CO1 and Splinter.

The Future is Now: 10/10
    This song is awesome. The vocal harmonies are really well done... the riff is very, very cool and suited to the song... the melody is incredible, SO catchy in a good way. This song is very rich. The solo is really nice with the background singing... reminds me of Half Truism. And the keyboard breakdown with that little guitar riff over it is just ace. And it just leads back into the ending chorus so, so well. Plus, on top of all that, it's not typical Offspring - it's creative. It's a slight venture for them. And it works so, so well.

Secrets from the Underground 8/10
    The intro is a bit odd, but I don't mind. This song is very modern Offspring, and could've fit on any of the last few albums, but it's also different. The melody and how Dexter sings it is interesting for them. It is typical (modern) Offspring, yet it's not. The bridge is also really, really nice.

Days Go By 6.5/10
    As a few other people have said, this song works a lot better in context. It's kinda like Pretty Fly - that song kinda sucked for me on its own, but works in context, situated between Staring at the Sun and TKAA. I'm still not super into it, but it works on the album. I don't think I'll end up skipping this tune in the long run. Still, not a very good choice as a single to represent this album.

Turning Into You 8/10
    This is the one that uses a drum loop? Cause it's not at all what I expected. This song is awesome. I really love the chorus, and the pre-chorus is awesome, with the staccato. The bridge with the light guitar is fabulous. Great rocker.

Hurting as One 9/10
    FAST ROCKER I LOVE IT. This song reminds me of Ixnay, especially the whoas during the chorus. The chorus is simple, yet awesome. Which song is it that the chorus sounds like? Grr...

Cruising California no/10
    No. Skip.

All I Have Left is You 7/10
    Expected to hate this song. Actually like it. Way better than Kristy, better than Fix You, too. The verses are pretty boring, but the choruses are nice. I like that Dexter didn't write the chorus too high, so that his voice still fits. The latter half of the song is nice. I thought it seemed like it'd be too long - 5 minutes is a lot for a ballad - but it's not repetitive. They did a nice job on this one, and my rating could go up with more listens.

OC Guns wtf/10
    Haha, this is ridiculous! I'm not gonna rate it yet because I really don't know how I feel about it yet... it strikes me as the Offspring actually succeeding at a joke song for the first time in ages. It's also the first reggae-ish song they've done that I can stomach. I dunno, I might give it a 7.5/10, but I'm really NOT sure. haha.

Dirty fucking Magic 10,000,000/10
    Dude. Dude. There are no words. They took one of their best songs... and made it 10x better. I did not think it was possible. This is INCREDIBLE. Way bigger improvement than what they did with Beheaded. The original version is definitely going to become a nostalgia listen... this version is going to dominate my listens of DM. The beefed up intro is incredible. The backing vocals... yes. Very yes. The chorus just smacks you in the face over and over. Holy crap.

I Wanna Secret Family With You 5/10
    This is the only song besides CC that I dislike. It's less awful than CC, but I don't like it. It's on the same crap level as songs like Want You Bad, Spare Me the Details, and Original Prankster. Songs I just don't like. Will get skipped. Boring, generic pop* song. Would've made a better single than CC, though, for sure. And even though I don't like it, it'd be a better single than DGB.

Dividing By Zero 9/10
    Very, very S/T. I now hear that Tehran bit at the beginning - love it! This song is incredible. Awesome melodies, cool harmonies... rock, rock, rock - just what I seek the Offspring for! Guitar solo sounds nice here with Noodles hitting it right And the quick bridge works great. Excellent song. I did like it more in the live version, though... I think it would've been better less polished.

Slim Pickens 10/10
    I seriously wonder if Dexter saw our thread about album closers and decided to try to throw in some new competition This song is a blast. Great melody, and I adore the chorus. And these two songs definitely seam together perfectly.

Overall, pretty kick-ass album. Definitely could've lived without CC - an 11-song album would've been preferred to me But that's okay. Loving this album!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I have just signed for the forum to post my review. I am an old offspring fan and i have been very excited to listen the album. Points are out of ten.
    The Future is now: 9
    -One of the best songs of the album and it is much greater than the live version we've heard before. A pick slide before the choruses would be amazing.
    Secrets From Underground: 9
    -Classical pump up song like older albums. The offspring really know how to pump up people.
    Days Go By: 6
    -Unlike the other offspring stuff this song bores me. I am a huge punk rock fan so i didn't like this one. Altough it is good if we see it as an alternative rock song.
    Turning into You: 7,5
    -This is also good. Darker sound like Defy you. Dexter's voice is very good.
    Hurting As One: 7
    -As already said this sound like Something to believe in espically back vocals. Not bad but an average song!
    Cruising California: 3
    -This song should not be here. I understand dexter for trying to tell his hometown but this song is not even rock. Even pretty fly was better.
    All i have left is you: 6
    -Sounds like days go by a bit, more like alot like me. Its not offspring style. It's like nickelback etc.
    OC Guns: 5
    - I normally like ska music. Nofx, the offspring, reel big fish have great ska songs. I didn't like this one. It's more pop. But i liked spanish speaking dexter
    I wanna secret family: 6
    -Not bad but not very good. It's catchy and fun. Dexter's voice is overly autotuned
    Dirty Magic: 8
    -Well, i didn't expect as good as this one. Espicially chorus sound awesome. Back vocals and distorted guitar fits very well.
    Dividing By Zero: 9,5
    -Amazing Song!! Intro is great and punk rock riffs are also good. Chorus really pumps up me. Best of the record
    Slim Pickens... : 8,5
    Remind me Bon Jovi but more offspring style. Also sound like Dividing By Zero. I got it now the chorus sounds like "Have a Nice Day" by Bon Jovi.

I can definetly say Days Go By is way better than RAFRAG. But Dexter's voice is auto-tunes almost every song. Now i wonder which song sounds like Lightning Rod to Noodles.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Im loves every shit they do!

uhasuhsahusahu
    What??!?!?!?

Ak ak AK!!!
    "Hey, I know you're upset, but if you ever mention my mother's loins or their frothiness to me again, I don't know what I'll do ... but it will be bad. Now let's go bury this dead hooker."

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
    What??!?!?!?

Ak ak AK!!!
    He is loves every shit they do!

Fu fu fu fu!
    My new album "Carnival of Monsters" is out now! Go listen to it and post in the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDude View Post
    Enough is enough. If you don't stop, I will stab you all to death! Now get the fuck outta here!

when i started to listen "All i have left is you" i thought: oh no, "Fix You" again!? uhsahusahusaahsidouhasoiudahsodi

when i started to listen "All i have left is you" i thought: oh no, "Fix You" again!? uhsahusahusaahsidouhasoiudahsodi

I feel bad for you... your hearing must really suck if you think those two songs sound the same...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Thumbs up It's very nice!

Very nice album with some really great songs - like The Future Is Now, Secrets From The Underground, Dividing By Zero, Dirty Magic, Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell and the others are very good too - I love the Album and The Offspring - they never dissapoint me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Welcome to the club. Congratulations!