Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Issue with our moderators

Default Issue with our moderators

I was banned for posting the "album leak". Except, it was a joke with the download link leading to music of the band Creed. It was obvious since Creed was on the URL and even the moderators noted in my ban message that it was fake. Yet they still banned me.

and now they even made a thread with this sort of "hall of shame" list of people who posted illegal downloads of Days Go By including me. Please take me off before Dexter pulls out his OC guns on me. Thank you.

You can not expect the mods to click every single link posted as a "leak" to make sure it actually is one. They pre-emptively banned everyone who talked about leaks, and then went back and took care of things. You got banned for a few hours from a message board; this is seriously not a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Not sure how in the middle of all that anyone was supposed to be able to tell that yours was a joke. But again, not sure what part of "nothing about leaks will be tolerated" was unclear that I posted well in advance.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Not sure how in the middle of all that anyone was supposed to be able to tell that yours was a joke. But again, not sure what part of "nothing about leaks will be tolerated" was unclear that I posted well in advance.
    I read the forum guidelines and I didn't see anything regarding illegal downloads? Maybe next time when a new album is coming out, it would help prevent a lot of people from discussing the leak if you guys posted a warning somewhere visible in the reply box or create thread page?

Like I said in my previous post, a moderator banned me for posting a "fake" download link. They knew it was a joke. But I now understand the whole seriousness of anything album leak related..

Just want to be removed from the list in the other thread here, that's all

Posting links to albums not even released yet is obviously gonna be against the rules. That is a "No Shit Sherlock" sort of thing. B-sides and live recordings are different because they are not widely available for purchase. Anyone who thinks stealing the album the Offspring plans to make money off of and posting for other people to do in on their own website is just dumb.

If you've got a problem with your ban, take it up privately with Sarah, Tijs, or the administrators. They DO listen to reason. Stop thinking its okay for everyone to have to deal with your whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

yikes.. can you read more than a sentence before being harsh on somebody? That's also a "No Shit Sherlock" sort of thing..

Again, it was a joke to piss off people who wanted to steal the album. The moderator who banned me clearly knew I wasn't posting any offspring material as he/she put "fake album leak" in the "reason for ban" message.

I'm not sure how you think I'm whining? I've even made suggestions on how to help our community next time with an album release so not as many people will get banned because they didn't know about Little's post.

I don't have a problem with my ban, I would just like a simple removal of my name from the list of criminals -

http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46343

hurry before my mom sees it.

You seem to be under the impression that the ban is permanent. It isn't. We'll talk about taking your name off the list, but you made a joke, it wasn't a great one, and you got swept up in the largest mass-banning in forum history.

The forum guidelines also state that the rules are not to be taken as a complete enumeration of everything you can and cannot do here -- and it should be obvious that you can't pirate a band's album on their own website.

It's also generally a good idea to appeal your banning over PM to one of the moderators and not in public like this.

I think there was a big mistake.I was one of the 2-3 people out there who said that he is not gonna listen the album until i buy it.and I enforced the people to buy it!so I can't understand why i was banned.anyway..
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

Tijs' topic in .com talk explains the process we went through this morning.

pfft.. anything creed related is a great joke

But no really, again, I'm not asking any moderator to appeal my ban. The issue was just on the way this was handled, which I feel is thread worthy.

You're saying it's obvious that we shouldn't discuss and share album leaks on this website... but how come so many people did it? Not just "junior members" but people that have been on here for a while. I think next time (hopefully a next time) when offspring gets close to releasing a new album, some clear warnings on this board like even a sticky note would help prevent people from doing what happened today. Less work for the moderators too :P