Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: All days go by reviews

Above Advanced Search (which is for pussies)

This thread is in dire need of a positive review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUcobnv5gO0
    Listen to Britney Spears:

-Hit Me Baby One More Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    I remember there had been three threads about it already. Use the search button.
    Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    The search button does let us down every now and then.

Yes thanks!

This one lacks admiration of few things, but it's generally fair

http://www.culturetease.com/2012/06/...-go-by-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    these fuckers gave a bad review... I really can't understand...

http://squidproquo1.blogspot.it/2012...offspring.html
    This article is full of empathy. Nobody will take seriously this review. Their intention is to cause fans' reactions and it seems that they made it.
    Enslave my mind...

I think only professional and credible reviews should be included here. Otherwise, it's just one dude's opinion.
    And a review kind of is that, but usually is done by some dude who isn't a fan, nor a hater. Thus the professional term comes into play.
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by findout5 View Post
    I think only professional and credible reviews should be included here. Otherwise, it's just one dude's opinion.
    And a review kind of is that, but usually is done by some dude who isn't a fan, nor a hater. Thus the professional term comes into play.
    Well the last video seems from a fair rewiewing channel. Then people read all kind of reviews so it's right to have them all. Of course biggest the site, newspaper, channel more importance is given, but even the little ones are read.

I don't put much weight in reviews full stop. All it tells me is the opinion of someone else, which when well written and explained is interesting in itself, but it won't influence my opinion.

Music isn't a science, therefore by it's very nature it cannot be examined objectively. There is no control subject, and no way to keep the numerous biases out of the picture. It's subjective tastes, and that's why it's called art.

Seriously, objectivity in art is the biggest intellectual scam in the world.

I still read them though. I can't help myself.

I can usually tell if the reviewer has similar taste and ideas to me when I read a review. If they focus on lyrics, then I take it with a grain of salt (I rarely care about lyrics). If they are in an uproar because a band changed their style, useless. But if, say, they're talking about song structure, flow, balance, and musicianship, I take heed to their opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by NoGuessing View Post
    Music isn't a science, therefore by it's very nature it cannot be examined objectively. There is no control subject, and no way to keep the numerous biases out of the picture. It's subjective tastes, and that's why it's called art.

Seriously, objectivity in art is the biggest intellectual scam in the world.
    I don't agree with you, but it's difficult to make it objective especially for non-educated beginners. Also, The Offspring wouldn't be so successful without being very well educated. You gotta know what you do, it gets into science.

I'm always very curious about allmusic.com review. Maybe, Rolling Stone. Robert Christgau.
    Last edited by Degstur Lolland; 06-22-2012 at 11:17 AM.