Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: All days go by reviews

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    Nice one!

Oh, and I'm seriously beginning to wonder about the mentality of Rise Against fans... so The Future Is Now sounds like two different RA songs now? Geez, there's no words... lol
    Last edited by Sara MZK; 06-22-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara MZK View Post
    Nice one!

Oh, and I'm seriously beginning to wonder about the mentality of Rise Against fans... so The Future Is Now sounds like two different RA songs now? Geez, there's no words... lol
    Haha, I wish they would at least made up their minds.
    What I find funny about all this is that in fact when I first heard Savior like 3 years ago, I immediately thought it sounded like The Offspring and that's why the song clicked with me instantly.
    And if this post offends you, just don't read it...

Quote Originally Posted by disclaimer_07 View Post
    Haha, I wish they would at least made up their minds.
    What I find funny about all this is that in fact when I first heard Savior like 3 years ago, I immediately thought it sounded like The Offspring and that's why the song clicked with me instantly.
    I know, it's crazy! lol

I just went to trusty old Youtube and listened to Savior, and when the main riff kicked in, I immediately thought, hey that sounds like The Offspring! lol As for the Prayer Of The Refugee comparison, I think the guy saying that must have been high on something!

About all this Rise Against talk.

I was at the Nova Rock Festival recently, where on friday The Offspring shared a stage with Rise Against. RA played after The Offspring, and they said during the gig something like: "Let's give it up for THE Fucking Offspring!" with a big emphasis on the THE. From the tone in which Tim said that was clear that Rise Against always looked up to The Offspring. And as Pete Parada posted once on facebook, they are also good friends with them. It is The Offspring who came first with the woah-oh catchy punkrock sound and all the newbies to punkrock who know nothing(but seem to know everything)claim that it's Rise Against style. So some song structures are similar to others. Welcome to the world of punk, where it's not about invention but the fun, energy and catchiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

I agree with dff_punk here. When I mention the similarity I mention it simply because some are furiously denying there even is any (I admit, I used to do that, too ). But similarity doesn't equal being a ripoff, there's a huge difference between that.

Anyway, I checked out what Rise Against fans seem to think about it. Don't let the title of the thread mislead you, they are super nice, and most of them like both The Future Is Now and Turning Into You: http://www.generation-lost.com/forum...t=2109&p=45317

Some of them don't think that songs are all that similar, but those that do still think it's cool. Some people here could really learn something from them

I simply call it as I see it, and frankly, the similarities between TFIN and "Savior", and especially TIY and "Ready To Fall" are so miniscule that they're barely worth highlighting, let alone justifying the reaction of some Rise Against fans towards them.

As dff_punk stated, RA are more similar to The Offspring than the other way around. And it's not just punk, almost all genres of music have songs that sound similar to one another. But there's a huge difference between sounding similar, and sounding the same.

Still with this stupid shit?

You might as well be saying Social D ripped off The Offspring when they did White Light, White Heat, White Trash.

As in, it's fucking dumb.

Nobody (at least not on this page) said The Offspring ripped off Rise Against. Just pointing it out.

Yep, saying something sounds similar, and saying it's a rip-off isn't the same thing at all. I never suggested RA "ripped off" The Offspring.

Shut up.