View Poll Results: Fix You or Fix You 2.0?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fix You

10 15.38%
  • All I Have Left Is You

55 84.62%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fix You vs All I Have Left Is You

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear_Army View Post
    they do not sound alike at all. Yes, they're both slow songs, but they do not share any kind of musical similarities beside that. Maybe Denial Revisited vs. AIHLIY is a better fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    They're both slow, and they both contain the words "all intertwined." The similarities stop there.

And AIHLIY is way better.
    Both of these are so very true. If All I Have is the new installment of Fix You, then Slim Pickens is the new installment of You're Gonna Go Far, Kid (dance fucker dance, along with fast, upbeat, kinda poppy rock).

If I'm comparing these two songs in terms of taste, though, I like All I Have but I don't really like Fix You. All I Have is a much better-written song, with more structure, layers, and musicality.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by F@ BANKZ View Post
    aihliu
    I like that. I thought no one would use it like that so I always used y. aihliu is easier for me.

The song is a hybrid or a sum of Fix You and Denial, Revisited. Just like CC is a sum of PF and OP, maybe even Hit That or YGGFK.

Love both songs, but I love All I Have Left Is You more.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Unnatural Disaster View Post
    I don't really like Fix You, but I love All I Have Left Is You
    ^This. Not a fan of Fix You personally, but I do quite like All I Have Left is You.

It's been a long time since I've heard "Fix You", as it's a song I never really listened to that much from RAFRAG... I'll listen to them both back to back and then give my answer. lol

"A Lot Like Me" is better than both songs though...

I really, really didn't expect to like All I Have Left Is You. But I love it. I still dislike Fix You.

When the solo comes in in AIHLIY... God that part is perfect, no other way to say it

Just listened to both back to back, and now I remember exactly why I've barely listened to Fix You. AIHLIY is by far the better song. Fix You is dull, stays almost the exact same the whole way through, and has no hooks to speak of. AIHLIY is a far more dynamic song, has a great chorus, and a great solo too. Much more memorable, and just overall a better song in every way. I still don't like it as much as A Lot Like Me, but it blows Fix You out of the water easily!

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by F@ BANKZ View Post
    atm fix you which i liked straigh away but i havent really given aihliu time to warm. abstaining from voting for the moment.
    This is exactly what I should be saying, because I like both songs. But Fix You hit me way harder on the first listen, and I've already started skipping All I Have Left is You (although mostly because of time restraints).
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Talking

both are pretty , touchy ,feely, deep meaning , and nice message songs.

I prefer All I Have Left is You, but still dont dislike Fix You.

Sound of AIHLIY reminds me of Jack's Mannequin or something their lead singer would've done.

I havent read the lyrics but Im certain that at least some of it are really positive, seems like a nice song to sing to a girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    They're both slow, and they both contain the words "all intertwined." The similarities stop there.
    And "thorns!" THORNS!
    Go on now they won‘t tell
    Go on now and save yourself