View Poll Results: Fix You or Fix You 2.0?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fix You

10 15.38%
  • All I Have Left Is You

55 84.62%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fix You vs All I Have Left Is You

Default Fix You

Quote Originally Posted by danitanev View Post
    These two songs sound too different I think to be compared to each other and I choose All I Have Left Is You just because it's from the last album, but I think Fix You is fine too!
    Which one do you prefer regardless of how new it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagodzilla2 View Post
    Remember the recent bans? Some of those members were banned for discussing the album before it's released. So if you don't want the moderators to ban us like they did to the others, we should stop talking about this.
    The album was released several days ago in many parts of the world. So a lot of members here already own the album. You think the mods are gonna figure out who lives where so they can ban the ones who live where it hasn't been released? Think a little before you speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    The album was released several days ago in many parts of the world. So a lot of members here already own the album. You think the mods are gonna figure out who lives where so they can ban the ones who live where it hasn't been released? Think a little before you speak.
    You'll still regret it once you listen to the new album and have no surprise of what it sounds like. Once it comes time for the next album (if there's one) you'll become a non listener. And no, if some users live in a place where the album hasn't been released yet, then they shouldn't talk about it.

You'll still regret it once you listen to the new album and have no surprise of what it sounds like. Once it comes time for the next album (if there's one) you'll become a non listener. And no, if some users live in a place where the album hasn't been released yet, then they shouldn't talk about it.
    When I listened to the stream for the first time, my surprise came. No difference in waiting a few days for that surprise. I enjoyed listening to the album for the first time regardless. And how are you so sure? I was a non-listener for Splinter, but for RFRG and this one, I listened once I was able to. No regrets.

When I listened to the stream for the first time, my surprise came. No difference in waiting a few days for that surprise. I enjoyed listening to the album for the first time regardless. And how are you so sure? I was a non-listener for Splinter, but for RFRG and this one, I listened once I was able to. No regrets.
    This. This. Every word. 100%. Ditto. Etc.
    Go on now they won‘t tell
    Go on now and save yourself

What happened to you since the Splinter days? I'm sure you enjoyed that album more because you didn't already know what to expect. Anyway, if sneaks are what the people want, then why would they release the REAL album?

What happened to you since the Splinter days? I'm sure you enjoyed that album more because you didn't already know what to expect. Anyway, if sneaks are what the people want, then why would they release the REAL album?
    Abstinence-only album listening doesn't work.

Default Some day you'll learn

Quote Originally Posted by brothadave79 View Post
    Abstinence-only album listening doesn't work.
    Some day you'll learn.

I don't even understand your perspective. Listening to an album is listening to an album, no matter when you listen to it. What happened to me since then? Before Splinter, you couldn't listen online first very easily. I thought that it was better to wait til the album came out. Splinter was actually the album that kinda ruined the Offspring for me (they became no-longer-my-favorite-band with that album), and it didn't matter that I waited til I had the physical CD in my hands.

Why do they release an album instead of just streaming it online? Because then people can own something, they can have the artwork, and they can listen to it without having the internet. A stream before release is so people can listen before buying. I never buy an album without hearing it first anymore.

By the way, it's not a "sneak" (you probably mean "leak") when the band and the label release a stream online.
    Last edited by Llamas; 06-25-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Some day you'll learn.
    No, I really won't. I bought Conspiracy and Splinter when they came out, and they were cool to listen to. When RAFRAG debuted on Imeem I listened to it there, and the feeling was exactly the same - awesome. This time was no different. I already pre-ordered the album too, so I don't see what you find so "sneaky" about listening to a stream authorized by the band.

And along the way I listened to every song as soon as it became available online, whether streamed by the band in full quality or shitty youtube versions of live tracks. Neither of these end up online by accident. When the band plays a new track live, they know full well it will end up on youtube. They've said so in interviews that they know they're debuting tracks "to the world" when they play them live for the first time.

If the appeal for you is some sort of smug, self-denial thing, then do your own thing. But it doesn't make you more of "a fan," and it certainly doesn't give you any reason to pass judgment on anyone else on the boards for failing to live up to some ill-reasoned ethical code for listening to music.