Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-NoOb mentality...

Default Anti-NoOb mentality...

Even though I've been away from here for a while (or perhaps largely due to it), I find myself skimming over posts by anyone who has either a A)low post count or B)joined recently. I often do it without even realizing it. I'm just like "oh, he hasn't been here long. Wtf does he know?" I'm kind of amazed at myself. Granted, 7 1/2 years ago when I joined, being a NoOb was a stigma that was hard to shake. I think that a lot of it comes from the people fussing at the moderators about this, that or the other thing and just displaying their ignorance for the rest of us to judge them upon. My instant response is "wtf are you bitching about? You don't know what this place was like before moderators...No moar hope for better days..."

Its really annoying, considering that most of the people here that I adore have not been here as long as I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Am I a noob to you? Will you read this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

I don't skip over users with low post counts, but if I see that a new user has a trend of posting really dumb or unconstructive stuff, I'll usually skip over the topics they make. I'll usually still even read their posts, if they're part of a discussion I'm following. I don't think I've ever added one person on the ignore list.

Well said, Mrs. Lost.

You will read this.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Yeah, I did read it, but only because it is far shorter than your usual post.

Omni, I do that too, though, generally that has very little to do with whether or not they are new here. I think that a lot of new members go through that "annoying as fuck and totally useless" posting period and a lot of people get lumped in with the useless people. That happened to me, like four years ago, when Rutegard first joined and I had just returned to the boards after a year long absence. Which is actually why I have this account. Better to be thought a nOob than to be lumped in with notoriously annoying posters. (Ana, if you read this, don't take offense. A lot has changed since then.)
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Lost will read the SHIT outta this one because she totally scans threads looking for posts by ilovellamas. I know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I'll be honest. I will read anyone's posts regardless of their post counts. But like Omni said, I will immediately categorize a person as annoying or not annoying. If I find them excessively annoying, I skip past their posts half of the time. I don't, however, use my ignore list. I always feel like maybe - just maybe - that annoying idiot will turn into someone of worth. They usually don't, but I keep my ignore list clear for the special few that surprise me.

I can't say I enjoy this, though. There have been days where I look at stupid post after stupid post and end up feeling like I've wasted my time.
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I've ignored a couple of users. Its always funny to see them post in threads after that, because they will post several times and no one will reply or acknowledge them.

Llamas, you are pretty much the female JN, aren't you?

I think that I read more "newbie posts" than I used to, because there are not that many more new members, so it is easier to get used to people who have just started posting but stick around for two weeks or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers