Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-NoOb mentality...

I'm just posting here to see my post count. The last time I remember looking it was in the 2.5k area.

edit: holy shit, I had no idea.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Jesus, I just looked at my post count, and now I'm embarrassed It's because I used to post wayyyyyyyyyyy too much early on... so even though I now post like a regular person, I'm already way ahead of the curve. I think my average posts per day used to be above 20 :-S
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I think anyone who places any real importance on something as frivilous as a person's post-count, and judges them a certain way due to that, is really petty and small-minded, and not someone who's opinion I'd take very seriously.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I never look at post count. I often skip posts of people I do not recognize or people I know I generally find very uninteresting or noncontributing.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Because I have a giant vagina? Or what do you mean by that?
    Alright, that made me laugh
    But yeah, you noticed it yourself. I can't believe that I have posted over 3k times here already, and I have barely a fifth of your postcount!
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Omni, I wouldn't worry about that. I still feel just barely recognizable amongst the general BBS populace and I'm close to the 10k mark. And I write some long-ass posts.
    Reading your long-ass posts is the highlight of most people's day and you know it.

I heard we were posting in this thread to talk about how old we are? I started posting here when I was 14 and now I'm 21 and that's terrifying to me. Now I know how all the REALLY old people must feel all the time

EDIT: http://offspring.com/forums/memberli...rt=posts&pp=30

This used to be how I knew who was cool. Now I see that I only have 200 more posts than ruroken... god damn, that kid posted a lot.

EDIT 2: AND bd007h has a shit ton of posts. I think around a third of his posts were him defending stupid things he said, like that Davey Havok had been born in his house, that he is happy to be a virgin at 20 (lol), that the Buffalo Sabres are the best hockey team (lol), etc. Man. Why don't we attack people for saying stupid shit anymore?
    Last edited by coke_a_holic; 06-27-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Saramzk, I'm not saying that its an all important thing, but it can be indicative of the types of posts you are likely to see from them. A lot of new people go through a "OMGZorz! I want 2 sleepz w/ Noodlez and haz hiz leopard printed babies!" phase. The same threads come up over and over where people ask the same questions that could simply be answered with a click of the search button. Its not like I see a username I don't recognize and immediately check their join date/post count, but if I don't recognize them and the first few posts I see by them aren't thoughtful or interesting, that person and all their friends get skimmed over until they get over the whole annoying thing.

I wonder what my post count would look like if it weren't for the long absences...
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic View Post
    I heard we were posting in this thread to talk about how old we are? I started posting here when I was 14 and now I'm 21 and that's terrifying to me. Now I know how all the REALLY old people must feel all the time
    I know that feeling, man.

holy shit, most of those people haven't posted in forever, yet they're dominating that list. I find comfort in the fact that I'm not on the first page.

This used to be how I knew who was cool. Now I see that I only have 200 more posts than ruroken... god damn, that kid posted a lot.
    I actually considered talking about him earlier, but decided against it. Yeah, he had 8,000-something posts, and they were all accumulated in around a year or less. Admit it, everyone. You kind of misses the excitement his brand of stubborn ignorance brought to the forum.