Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 93

Thread: Anti-NoOb mentality...

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    284


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Except that you are. I did say that you aren't getting targeted for things. I said it twice and I really don't understand why you took that to mean "You may think you are being treated unfairly but you aren't". I was, in fact, agreeing with you because like I said "You don't get Newbie Syndrome and annoy the fuck out of people".
    By keeping saying that I wasn't being targeted for things, the only logical conclusion that I could draw from that, was that you somehow thought that I was complaining about being targeted, so you felt the need to set me straight. On the last thing you said, I was confused at first when I read it, but then realised you were agreeing with me. Still, I don't see why there was a need to tell me that I wasn't being targeted, when I had already stated earlier in the thread that I hadn't been picked on (as far as I can recall) when I first joined. I do admit mistaking what you meant with that sentence inititally, though after about 5 minutes I worked out my mistake. lol But I kept my reply as I felt it was still relevant to the sentence you made directly after that.

    Because of this that or the other thing. How is that me being defensive? We are having a conversation about our general attitudes towards new people and then towards NoObs. Not the actions of other people or other boards. You say things like "I think being crappy to members because they are new is wrong" as if we are talking about all new members getting the same treatment whether or not they are decent posters.
    Because you seemed to be antagonised by my posts in this thread, whereas nobody else was reacting in that way to them. It seemed like in some way, I had upset you with what I was saying, when that wasn't my intention at all. There was nothing in your original post that expressly stated "anti-noob mentality" as a wider topic was not to be discussed, and besides, I can't see why you'd be creating a topic like that specifically about this forum, unless you thought there was an issue with it.

    I don't take it as a personal attack on me. You just keep arguing that being mean to new members is bad as if the people in this thread are saying that is isn't. While you may be replying to "anti-noob mentality" as a whole, all of your posts are in amongst posts about these boards and these members, and thus you aren't contributing to the conversation. You just keep saying its wrong over and over. You definitely aren't replying to my thread where I clarified what I meant by anti-noob mentality. You are, in fact, generalizing the discussion beyond the scope of the topic, to other boards where everyone is harassed for being new and only a few make it to the other side. You are refuting an argument that isn't being made here.

    What you clarified as "anti-noob mentality", is just merely on a scale of what that term encapsulates and means. It's definitely on the low end of it, but again, nowhere did you expressly state that anything beyond that was not up for discussion. Perhaps I did go beyond the scope of the topic as you intended, but I can't really be blamed for that when it was not made clear in the original post that I would be doing so by making the points I made. And some members in this thread actually spoke to me directly in the thread, and most said that they agreed with me. So I think I definitely was contributing to the conversation, or at least other members thought so. I apologise if I took the topic into an area that you did not wish it to go to, but it was certainly not my intention to do so, and nor did I wish to upset or antagonise you in anyway, and if I have, again, I apologise. I certainly did not mean for the topic to descend into this, and I regret my part in that, even though it was completely unintentional.
    Last edited by Sara MZK; 07-03-2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: fixed grammatical error. :P

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,754


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagodzilla2 View Post
    So that's why you used to bash me.
    Godxirrrrrra!
    The word "bash" is a bit of an extreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,043


    Default

    Sara, you know, I had no issues with you whatsoever and found you to be a pretty okay poster until this thread. At this moment, you're heading down a similar path to the one Lord Phidias headed down. You saw how that ended up. My suggestion to you is to drop this discussion now. Don't try to get in the last word, but instead just don't post in this thread anymore. And I say this to you with respect and without bashing, so you could even appreciate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    I just want to jump in here and point out that any done to new members in the last few years is nothing compared to what was going on in 05-07.

    I also want to say that while I often skip people I don't recognize, I also call out established members. I don't think there is anything wrong with a genuine argument. I skip T's posts all the time, by the way. That guy talks waaaaaay to much.
    I wrote a four word letter.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,754


    Default

    I think there's just a giant misunderstanding here. Sara was contributing to the broad topic of dealing with noobs, and Lost interpreted it as a reply to the initial post, and everything fell apart. From reading over this thread, I don't think blame should be assigned to anyone. Sara made it a little confusing by posting about her attitude towards an anti-noob mentality which differs from Lost's. Let's all be friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    I actually stopped reading their discussion a while ago, hahaha.
    Last edited by WebDudette; 07-03-2012 at 10:04 PM.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,203


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I just want to jump in here and point out that any done to new members in the last few years is nothing compared to what was going on in 05-07.
    This. So very much, this.

    This is why I find it ridiculous that people complain about being 'bullied' on this forum, they have no fucking idea what used to go on. It's also funny how we're talking about not ignoring people, back in the day here there were some users who probably would have given anything to be ignored by most people compared to what did happen to them.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    284


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I think there's just a giant misunderstanding here. Sara was contributing to the broad topic of dealing with noobs, and Lost interpreted it as a reply to the initial post, and everything fell apart. From reading over this thread, I don't think blame should be assigned to anyone. Sara made it a little confusing by posting about her attitude towards an anti-noob mentality which differs from Lost's. Let's all be friends.
    That is all it was, a misunderstanding, something which I have taken full responsibility for. If that isn't enough for some people, then there's really not much I can do about it, other than avoid them in future. I find it quite incredible why anyone would not want to be friends with me on the basis of my posts in this thread, especially after I'd apologised for causing the problem in the first place. Thank you for your post and being understanding and rational about it though.

    @ilovellamas: I really can't understand why you decided to chime in with that hostile, and unfriendly (and wholly unncessary) "warning" to me AFTER I'd apologised, and taken the blame for what happened. To say you now have issues with me and no longer see me as an "okay poster" after I took the high road and apologised for disrupting this thread (wholly unintentionally though), just stuns me quite frankly, and makes me see you in a wholly different light than I used to. I have no idea what happened to Lord Phidias (I don't even know who you're talking about), but I'm guessing it wasn't something very pleasant anyway. There was absolutely no need to reply to me in that fashion after I'd already said sorry for causing problems in this thread, which was completely unintentional. Why fan the flames and make them even worse after I'd already put them out?
    Last edited by Sara MZK; 07-03-2012 at 11:33 PM.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    317


    Default

    Threads like this make me think of how different my life is now compared to when I joined these boards in 06, especially the thought of how myself and Lost_ used to be good friends, that shit is crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by lousyskater View Post
    the offspring pretty much copied the vandals song too much drama.

    http://killamedic.bandcamp.com/releases
    A new era of punk rock, and a hotplate!
    But seriously, check out this band, if you're on the BSS, you'll love em!

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    cokeaholic and I used to be great friends. Now we just have butt sex on the regular, if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by WebDudette; 07-06-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •