Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 3 favorite songs from each album?

S/T:
    1. I'll Be Waiting
    2. Jennifer Lost the War
    3. Demons

Ignition:
    1. Forever and a Day
    2. Dirty Magic
    3. Hypodermic

Smash:
    1. Come Out and Play
    2. It'll Be A Long Time
    3. Bad Habit

Ixnay on the Hombre:
    1. I Choose
    2. The Meaning of Life
    3. Change the World

Americana:
    1. Have You Ever
    2. Americana
    3. The Kids Aren't Alright

Conspiracy of One:
    1. Come Out Swinging
    2. Denial, Revisited
    3. Vultures

Splinter
    1. Can't Get My Head Around You
    2. The Noose
    3. Lightning Rod

Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace:
    1. A Lot Like Me
    2. Trust In You
    3. Hammerhead

Days Go By:
    1. Slim Pickens Does the Right Thing and Rides the Bomb to Hell
    2. All I Have Left Is You
    3. OC Guns

Non-Albums:
    1. Defy You (my all-time favorite Offspring song)
    2. Totalimmortal
    3. DUI
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    You are the dumbass! Youre the dumbest fucking dumbass since the beginning of dumbasses

SELF-TITLED
    1. Demons
    2. Blackball
    3. I'll Be Waiting

IGNITION
    1. Kick Him When He's Down
    2. Nothing From Something
    3. No Hero

SMASH
    1. Gotta Get Away
    2. Genocide
    3. It'll Be A Long Time

IXNAY ON THE HOMBRE
    1. Mota
    2. Change The World
    3. All I Want

AMERICANA
    1. End Of The Line
    2. No Brakes
    3. Staring At The Sun

CONSPIRACY OF ONE
    1. Special Delivery
    2. Living In Chaos
    3. All Along

SPLINTER
    1. Lightning Rod
    2. The Noose
    3. Can't Get My Head Around You

RISE AND FALL, RAGE AND GRACE
    1. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
    2. Trust In You
    3. Hammerhead

DAYS GO BY
    1. Secrets From The Underground
    2. Slim Pickens
    3. Turning Into You

Non Album Songs (no covers
    1. Mission From God
    2. DUI
    3. Can't Repeat

From quickly skimming the thread, it seems that Puschka has pretty much the opposite of my taste, while KickHim (you need to tell us your real name... I hate your username, lol) has the closest taste to mine.

S/T:
    I'll Be Waiting
    Tehran
    Crossroads

Ignition:
    Forever and a Day
    Nothing from Something
    Kick Him When He's Down

Smash:
    Something to Believe In
    Genocide
    Nitro

Ixnay:
    Change the World
    Amazed
    I Choose

Americana:
    Pay the Man
    Americana
    The End of the Line

Conspiracy of One:
    Living in Chaos
    Million Miles Away
    Denial, Revisited

Splinter:
    The Noose
    Lightning Rod
    Can't Get My Head Around You

Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace:
    You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
    Half Truism
    A Lot Like Me

Days Go By:
    Dividing by Zero
    The Future is Now
    Secrets From the Underground
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

The Offspring:
    1. Beheaded
    2. Jennifer lost the War
    3. Crossroads

Ignition:
    1. Nothing from something
    2. L.A.P.D.
    3. Kick Him When He's Down

Smash:
    1. Gotta Get Away
    2. Bad Habit
    3. Come out and Play

Ixnay:
    1. Way Down the Line
    2. MOTA
    3. Gone Away

Americana:
    1. The Kids Aren't Alright
    2. Have You Ever
    3. Americana

Conspiracy of One:
    1. Million Miles Away
    2. Want You Bad
    3. One Fine Day

Splinter:
    1. Race Against Myself
    2. Lightning Rod
    3. Can't Get My Head Around You

RAFRAG:
    1. Hammerhead
    2. Takes Me Nowhere
    3. Let's Hear it for Rock Bottom

Days Go By:
    1. Slim Pickens
    2. Secrets From the Underground
    3. Turning into You

Non Album:
    1. D.U.I.
    2. Can't Repeat
    3. 100 Punks

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    From quickly skimming the thread, it seems that Puschka has pretty much the opposite of my taste, while KickHim (you need to tell us your real name... I hate your username, lol) has the closest taste to mine.
    Jon is my name. That should be easier to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

I find it interesting that although, Self Esteem is almost always played as the "grand finale" or encore song in most Offspring shows, very few people have listed it in their top 3 for Smash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    You are the dumbass! Youre the dumbest fucking dumbass since the beginning of dumbasses

Quote Originally Posted by Unnatural Disaster View Post
    I find it interesting that although, Self Esteem is almost always played as the "grand finale" or encore song in most Offspring shows, very few people have listed it in their top 3 for Smash.
    I love all of Smash so much. I put it in my top 3 but I wish I could have put my top 7 or something. I had trouble choosing with a lot of them.
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Cool, thanks Jon I just looked at your list again (my songs are listed in order, top favorite to third favorite)... we're 2/3 for S/T, I was sure about Tehran and I'll Be Waiting, but it was a tossup between Crossroads, Blackball, and Beheaded for #3... 2/3 again on Ignition, but here Session for me is not one of my tops. It's about average for that album. Smash is the only album where we have no overlap. I definitely like COAP and Self Esteem, but Gotta Get Away is one of my least favorite Smash songs. Ixnay, 2/3 again. Change the World and Amazed are my favorites for sure, but it was a toss up between I Choose and Gone Away. To your American picks: Fuck. Yeah. We rock. CO1, we're 2/3 again... Dammit is on the better end of CO1, but I'd pick Come Out Swinging and Vultures before it. So there's three songs so far we actually disagree about. But MMA and Living in Chaos are wonderful songs. RFRG we only have 1 in common, but the other two songs you chose are pretty much interchangeable for my other two choices. The same goes for DGB - only one in common, but the other two are pretty interchangeable for me. Turning Into You and Slim Pickens are way up there with Secrets and The Future is Now. Only Dividing By Zero can't be compared. So we have 13 in common, 3 we disagree about, and 11 we almost agree on... at least from my perspective. I dunno how many of the songs I chose that you disagree about
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Cool, thanks Jon I just looked at your list again (my songs are listed in order, top favorite to third favorite)... we're 2/3 for S/T, I was sure about Tehran and I'll Be Waiting, but it was a tossup between Crossroads, Blackball, and Beheaded for #3... 2/3 again on Ignition, but here Session for me is not one of my tops. It's about average for that album. Smash is the only album where we have no overlap. I definitely like COAP and Self Esteem, but Gotta Get Away is one of my least favorite Smash songs. Ixnay, 2/3 again. Change the World and Amazed are my favorites for sure, but it was a toss up between I Choose and Gone Away. To your American picks: Fuck. Yeah. We rock. CO1, we're 2/3 again... Dammit is on the better end of CO1, but I'd pick Come Out Swinging and Vultures before it. So there's three songs so far we actually disagree about. But MMA and Living in Chaos are wonderful songs. RFRG we only have 1 in common, but the other two songs you chose are pretty much interchangeable for my other two choices. The same goes for DGB - only one in common, but the other two are pretty interchangeable for me. Turning Into You and Slim Pickens are way up there with Secrets and The Future is Now. Only Dividing By Zero can't be compared. So we have 13 in common, 3 we disagree about, and 11 we almost agree on... at least from my perspective. I dunno how many of the songs I chose that you disagree about
    I'll do the same thing as you, except from my perspective. I won't go over all the information you already covered though.

I love Tehran. I considered it, as well as Beheaded. Beheaded probably would have been my forth pick, and then Tehran.

Ignition was also tough to choose on. I love every track on Ignition, but Nothing From Something is kind of in the middle for me.

I'm so lame that I chose the three main singles for Smash. This is because I listen to them the most. I actually like the first 7 songs on Smash almost equally. Gotta Get Away is my favorite, I guess we disagree there.

Ixnay was tough. I Choose is entertaining and a good follow-up to the depressing Gone Away. I love I Choose, but it's around the middle of my Ixnay list just because the whole album is amazing.

Yeah, high five on Americana.

I like the speed of Dammit, I Changed Again. I love Vultures too, but I disagree with you on Denial, Revisited. It's kind of "meh" for me.

You skipped Splinter! We have 2/3 in common. Lightning Rod would have been number 5 for me.

I love the entire first half of RFRG. I have no problem with your choices.

I had a tough time with Days Go By. Slim Pickens and Diving By Zero are musts for me. I had trouble narrowing it down to a third favorite. It was between TFIN, SFTU, and TIY.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Orlok View Post
    Non Album Songs (no covers
    I also deliberately made sure that I only picked original Offspring songs for that category. lol For me, covers don't count as they're technically not Offspring songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Unnatural Disaster View Post
    Self Esteem is a great song, and it's understandable why they always play it as an encore. It's just that there are other songs on the album that are slightly better than it. lol The problem with making lists like this, is when you're making selections from strong albums (and let's face it, The Offspring have a few of those!), you're also going to be leaving out other songs that you really like. I was torn at having to leave out songs like All I Want, Takes Me Nowhere, and Kick Him When He's Down, as I love them a lot. But you can only choose 3! The decision isn't always easy. lol