Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mending a relationship

Really good advice here for Dexternumbers. I would add that it's tempting to feel like this relationship is super important, because it's relatively early on for you. But a good lesson for you to learn now is that everyone deserves to be with someone who wants to be with them, autistic people included. You don't want to have your wagons hitched to this guy any longer, because it means you won't be ready for when a good guy for you comes along. And when a guy doesn't want you to come over to his house, won't answer texts or phonecalls...move on up and move on out.

Please take a moment to reread Coneman's post, y'all.

AllinAll: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/what_is_ignorelist
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Really good advice here for Dexternumbers. I would add that it's tempting to feel like this relationship is super important, because it's relatively early on for you. But a good lesson for you to learn now is that everyone deserves to be with someone who wants to be with them, autistic people included.
    As true as this is, I do think he wants to be with me. I honestly love him too much(age doesn't matter) to let him go. It would hurt me a lot if he left me, but if he doesn't want to be with me I will wait for him to leave me. I can't do it. Plus, if I do and he does really love me like he says he does(I think he does) and he is just immature right now, it will hurt him. I'm not trying to argue your advice, I just don't think letting go is a good idea.

Edit: There was also something I wanted advice on that I know I can change, I just don't know how. I know this is not all his fault. I want to make it easier for him too, by changing what I am at fault for. I know this sounds remarkably stupid but how can I be less clingy? It seems simple enough but it is actually hard for me when I don't talk to him. I also need to find ways to take things a little bit less personally. I am over sensitive and I don't quite know how to change. I know these things seem easy but they are struggles for me and I figured somebody on here must have similar issues that they have gotten past.
    Last edited by dexter12296566; 06-25-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Reading this thread made me throw up.
    Because I'm already sick and the color scheme must have set me off. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Also, sometimes I'm not sober. Sometimes I make threads when I'm not sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    You're too late. I've already infiltrated the Offspring forums. Next, it's the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Cranking it into a red solo cup while watching 40 year old re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie all the while snorting black pepper and knocking back shots of Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter12296566 View Post
    As true as this is, I do think he wants to be with me. I honestly love him too much(age doesn't matter) to let him go. It would hurt me a lot if he left me, but if he doesn't want to be with me I will wait for him to leave me. I can't do it. Plus, if I do and he does really love me like he says he does(I think he does) and he is just immature right now, it will hurt him. I'm not trying to argue your advice, I just don't think letting go is a good idea.
    Oh no girl. If he won't answer your phone calls, he doesn't love you. If you don't want to go over to his house because it would piss him off, he doesn't love you. And if he doesn't love you, you shouldn't be with him. A tough lesson to learn is that just because you love someone doesn't mean you should be together. Love yourself first and most.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

+1
    fucking10characters
    HAVE YOU EVER GONE AWAY with ONE HUNDRED PUNKS to have THE WORST HANGOVER EVER?
    “Trust me, mate. Stingrays can't swim backwards.”~ Steve Irwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    That sucks. But it's not a surprise, I read an article which says that a lot if studies show that death is really bad for your health...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Who is Blowjob Armstrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Condoms, you and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic
    Cockin' and Jockin' since July 2005

First off, I think people don't have enough conversations in person anymore. I hate it when people want to have a big discussion via text. Or email. Or instant messenger. Or whatever. People don't feel the need to hold themselves accountable when you aren't face to face. They say things that they wouldn't say in person. I still stand by the "go to his house" thing I said earlier. Go to his house, knock on the door, and make him face you in person. If he is just mad, you can talk it out. And Sarah is right. I don't care how big a fight we just had, if I say "I love you", Wil always says it back, even if we can't stand the sight of each other. If he won't talk to you, then it really is time for you to let go.

Don't argue the "autistic and immature" angle. You have grown up A LOT in the three years you've been posting on here. Other people have remarked about it in this thread and elsewhere. In your posts, you sound like a 17 year old girl. This guy is 15. 15! I've never met a fifteen year old boy that acts like anything other than a fifteen year old boy.
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

To be fair, if I say I love you to him, he ALWAYS says it back too. No matter what. Same with me. I feel like the things he does when things go well almost cancel it out. I know it doesn't, but it seems that way. We argue and we aren't getting along at the moment but he really is a sweet guy and I do love him.
    Because I'm already sick and the color scheme must have set me off. Sorry about that.
    You're too late. I've already infiltrated the Offspring forums. Next, it's the world!
    Cranking it into a red solo cup while watching 40 year old re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie all the while snorting black pepper and knocking back shots of Jack.

If he is ignoring you, he isn't saying it back...
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIn All It's Not So Bad View Post
    How do you put someone on the ignore list?
    You go to user CP, click edit ignore list, and type in Lord Phidias. Easy as 1 2 3.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

In any case, the advice people have given here is pretty basic, sensible stuff. It's also honest, and allows for the adult possibility that things may not last.

It's a difficult step to take to realize that things are - or might be - over at this juncture, but realizing that possibility is already an important step down the road to emotional maturity and stability. Hell, it's something even most adults don't have a decent handle on. People may not always be honest with you, but you can always make efforts to be in touch with what you yourself are actually feeling about the state of affairs.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

This... It made me laugh way harder than it should have...