View Poll Results: Does Mitt's history as a prankster mean he's a bad president-to-be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 41.18%
  • No

    10 58.82%
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 512

Thread: President Romney

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,080


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scythe Death View Post
    Oh yeah, his degree in "animal science" or something. Oh yeah, and MORMONS they're so smart. OH and he's been a political figure. That must mean he's intelligent.

    I'm not calling him an idiot based on his "achievements", but rather because of the things he says. He's inconsistent and just plain dumb. He's not the type of dumb as "derp herp ima durr". He's an idiot as in the "mildly educated hardcore christian preaching outside of schools that doesn't quite understand his subjects as well as he thinks he does".
    Yeah, his animal science degree, you know the one. The one that says JD and Masters degree from Harvard. They probably hand them out at Star Wars conventions. And he is also an idiot because he's a Mormon? Spending 3 years as a missionary counts for nothing I guess.

    Don't troll the thread genius. You seriously do not know what the hell you are talking about....wow.

    How is this guy not banned?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,747


    Default

    I don't know how much you know about the mormon faith but I know a little bit. One of my friends was raised mormon. Her parents hardcore mormons and she's very anti-mormon. But anyways in the mormon religion it is pretty much a requirement that you do missionaries. So he did really do just because he felt like it? Probably not. The only thing I am trying to say is that he did it cause a requirement for his religion. I'm not saying it's right or wrong.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,080


    Default

    Ok...wtf does that have to do with anything? Does simple friggin logic escape everyone? Ok...maybe it is a requirement...what's your point? Does that lessen what he did...does it make him less "good" because possibly it is required by the mormon faith? Fact is he did missionary work, which is commendable. When was the last time you did any work similar to this...ever?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,747


    Default

    What I'm trying to say is that.. Does the 3 years of missionary count for something? Yes it does. But was it really something that he wanted to do or did he know that he had to do so he just did it? Whats the real question I think. Its all about motive to me. I dont know. If you're willing to do missionarywork more power to you. But if you know that you are forced to do missionary work and do it. Is it the same?
    Last edited by Tiny Vessels; 08-02-2012 at 11:25 AM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    267


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Yeah, his animal science degree, you know the one. The one that says JD and Masters degree from Harvard. They probably hand them out at Star Wars conventions. And he is also an idiot because he's a Mormon? Spending 3 years as a missionary counts for nothing I guess.

    Don't troll the thread genius. You seriously do not know what the hell you are talking about....wow.

    How is this guy not banned?
    Yeah, I'm not particularly impressed that he got an animal science degree. I'm double majoring in Physics and Philosophy.

    And yeah, he's partially stupid because he's a mormon. It's not like being a missionary requires any intelligence. Yeah, it counts as nothing.

    Why do you act like saying that he has an animal science degree and he spent 3 years as a missionary magically turns the things he says as consistent and intelligent? Why does it magically make him competent in an entirely irrelevant field? His policies aren't suddenly a keynesian clusterfuck pretending to be some sort of undefined "conservative" standard?

    Leave the logic talk to the people that study it.
    Last edited by Scythe Death; 08-02-2012 at 12:45 PM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    267


    Default

    For clarification, I looked up Mitt Romney's college career. He was not the animal science major, that was Rick Perry. Romney only has an MBA, which is a lot more relevant to economics than animal science I guess.

    (I still make fun of business, psychology, and english majors.)

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    572


    Default

    I can't really see Romney winning, despite the polls all being pretty much tied right about now.

    It just seems like even his own base don't really like the guy, it's a compromise for the more traditional GOP peeps, a grudging acceptance by the Tea Partiers, and it's kind of just become like this "eh, anyone but Obama" thing.

    Add to that I really think the "undecided"s don't really trust the guy, even though admittedly there's probably far less to all of the Swiss Bank Account tax-evasion stuff than the Dems would have everyone believe. The guy just hasn't really defined himself as anything, between both parties it's just like "I suck? Well, like, the other dude's worse".

    The Barry-meister's been seriously disappointing, as someone who was pretty enthusiastic about him when he came in. I was all for Hillary last time, but Obama getting the nomination was still pretty cool, I thought he'd be pretty okay. And I think I still agree with him on a good deal of stuff, he just *does* seem totally in over his head here. There's only so many times you can blame the Republicans for nothing getting done, especially since it's just how the system fucking works, and it were the other way around his party'd be doing the same thing. Clinton found his way around it all.

    I dunno. I don't even think Romney'd be particularly horrible or anything, I just can't see him winning out unless he really turns things around and somehow kicks up the awesome in a couple of months, which won't happen. Hopefully the Big B wises up, grows up a bit in his second term, learning to use the system instead of trying the same tactic again and again with the same result.

  8. #28


    Default

    Finally those have been chosen who is the best.No matter from which firm or which community he is belonging.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,080


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scythe Death View Post
    For clarification, I looked up Mitt Romney's college career. He was not the animal science major, that was Rick Perry. Romney only has an MBA, which is a lot more relevant to economics than animal science I guess.

    (I still make fun of business, psychology, and english majors.)
    Wow, you finally figured out that you were wrong..amazing. Only took like 4 trys. You seriously need to preface all your posts with a frigging warning lable. Something like..."Hi my name r sythe, this post I fully endorse. I am trying hard to understand and post the best of my ability. These are my thoughts and yes, I am a complete fucking idiot."

    Good luck with education however. I do like your selection of majors. But you need to work on the whole read, comprehend, analyze...then post idea.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,754


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Does simple friggin logic escape everyone?
    Scythe studies logic.

    I've been looking into things, and I don't like Romney, nor Obama. You might as well vote Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •