View Poll Results: Does Mitt's history as a prankster mean he's a bad president-to-be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 41.18%
  • No

    10 58.82%
Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 512

Thread: President Romney

  1. #341
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    572


    Default

    Yeah, I was fuckin' stunned about last night.

    I mean, wherever you stand politically, Obama choked. Bad. Whether that means anything I guess we'll have to wait and see, and I'm pretty sure that now in the second debate Obama's going to be pissed and on his game again, but still.

    Romney's weird, he has this autopilot mode of bland and stuffy and earning a big "meh, I care not". But also these fleeting moments of "holy shit", tending to be in debates (the Gingrich stuff and last night) where he honestly convinces me. I just have this feeling that once a campaign's over and he doesn't have to pander to the extreme right "rah rah no taxes, die A-rabs, die" faction of his party, he'd be a fairly solid dude.

    He says a lot of stupid shit, though, which is a shame. But I really have to admit when he's on-form, I could vote for the dude. It's just a matter of whether he stays with that Mitt Romney for the rest of the campaign, or wanders back over into Tardville.

  2. #342
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    17,984


    Default

    I keep hearing that Romney "won" the debate (I have no idea because I didn't watch it, nor was I interested), but the Gallup polls, which are the most extensive and historically accurate presidential polls out there, are still showing Obama with a 4% lead. He's lost maybe 1% of his lead since the debate, but that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  3. #343
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,080


    Default

    The more accurate polls will not be released until monday. I like Rassumsson personally. Gallup was not that accurate in 2008 election. If you would have watched the debate, it was painfully obvious that Romney hammered Obama. Romney's mannerisms were a stark contrast to Obama's. Simply put, Romney was faster responding, on point and to the point. Romney appeared presidential...Obama didn't. He was impressive to say the least. I am looking forward to the Ryan/Biden debate next week. Obama and the dems must be cringing at this. Biden has proven to be not real bright and kind of a doofus. How he got the VP is beyond me. I expect Biden to piss himself at some point during the debate and possibly swallow his own fucking tongue.

  4. #344
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    I feel like the debates are pretty pointless, since it changed literally no one's mind about who they're voting for, even though he didn't show up that night. But hey, Gore won every debate, and Clinton only one 1.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



  5. #345
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,747


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    The more accurate polls will not be released until monday. I like Rassumsson personally. Gallup was not that accurate in 2008 election. If you would have watched the debate, it was painfully obvious that Romney hammered Obama. Romney's mannerisms were a stark contrast to Obama's. Simply put, Romney was faster responding, on point and to the point. Romney appeared presidential...Obama didn't. He was impressive to say the least. I am looking forward to the Ryan/Biden debate next week. Obama and the dems must be cringing at this. Biden has proven to be not real bright and kind of a doofus. How he got the VP is beyond me. I expect Biden to piss himself at some point during the debate and possibly swallow his own fucking tongue.
    I didn't see the debate but the clips that I did see I was like wtf Obama. It looked like he didn't want to be there. Romney did look like looked like he knew what he was doing. But the FACT that Romney said to the moderator (who works for PBS) that he will cut fundings for PBS and he would be out of a job shows what a jackass is he. On National tv he told the moderator if Romney has his way he would cut his job.

    Ryan/Biden debate... That might be interesting. I have a feeling that Biden will BEAT Ryan in the debate. How you expect Biden to do, I feel Ryan will do that. Ryan is an asshole.

  6. #346
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,080


    Default

    Well, for those that actually pay attention, yes the debates might actually matter. The person is running for president of the US. They are kind of entertaining too. While most of the points are fairly broad, you get a sense of the person. Also, depending on how the candidate does, the political contributions can be huge.

  7. #347
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    Sure, they "matter" -- tell that to Al Gore. But are they changing anyone's mind?

    I already thought Romney was a douche, and the debate just sealed that deal. "I care about jobs, but not yours, Mr. Lehrer. Your work is not worthy."
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



  8. #348
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,080


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    ...Ryan/Biden debate... That might be interesting. I have a feeling that Biden will BEAT Ryan in the debate. How you expect Biden to do, I feel Ryan will do that. Ryan is an asshole.
    Biden will need his pacifier. I do not think here is one person who honestly feels Biden is Ryan's intellectual equal. Biden's remarks I have a feeling will be all-time goony and off base. Face it, he (Biden) may be a faily smart guy, but in the public arena, he usually comes off as an idiot. He will do Obama zero good.

    Ryan is an asshole. Seems like a perfectly logical and well thought out reason to feel Biden will do good against him. As usual, you are incorrect.

  9. #349
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    Side note, I wish Biden were my eccentric, embarrassing grandpa. That photo of him with the Hell's Angels? Fucking priceless.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



  10. #350
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,747


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post

    Ryan is an asshole. Seems like a perfectly logical and well thought out reason to feel Biden will do good against him. As usual, you are incorrect.
    Ryan being an asshole is not the reason Biden will do good. I said that he was an asshole as an afterthought. Since Obama didn't do good I feel like Biden will do great cause they(the pratice moderator and practice debater guy) will have Biden ready and prepared. Ryan I don't see him doing see him doing good at all. I see Ryan epic failing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •