View Poll Results: Does Mitt's history as a prankster mean he's a bad president-to-be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 41.18%
  • No

    10 58.82%
Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 512

Thread: President Romney

  1. #371
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,147


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    ...Not that I support what the Soviet Union did or stood for, but in the Soviet Union, there was 100% employment. Everyone had a job, whether they liked it or not. So yeah, you're wrong again.
    Well damn, so businesses won't be able to treat their employees so shitty without paying fines? OH THE HUMANITY.
    Are simply slow or just mildly retarded? Employment and quality of life in the USSR was awsome....lol. Obviously, based on your ever so astute analysis, we should simply bring back slavery. 100% employment.

    You have never run a business...that is painfully obvious. Here's a thought...go invest $2-3 million starting a good business and hire all the employees you want. Make a profit, grow the business and then get back to the rest of the planet with the results on your business utopia.

  2. #372
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,095


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Are simply slow or just mildly retarded? Employment and quality of life in the USSR was awsome....lol. Obviously, based on your ever so astute analysis, we should simply bring back slavery. 100% employment.
    The question, in fact, should be are you simply slow or mildly retarded? I plainly stated that I don't support the USSR at all, and wouldn't want their system run anywhere in the world. I was only proving you wrong in this interaction:

    Quote Originally Posted by llamas
    But Republicans don't want 100% employment in the US, because that would be too socialist :-x
    Quote Originally Posted by moto
    You will never achieve 100% employment and using that as an argument is stupid. People naturally drop in and out of the job market and then there are those certain % of people who simply cannot or will not work for various reasons. Usually max employment is seen when unemployment is between 3-4%.
    Quote Originally Posted by llamas
    Not that I support what the Soviet Union did or stood for, but in the Soviet Union, there was 100% employment. Everyone had a job, whether they liked it or not. So yeah, you're wrong again.


    Are you that thick that you think I said the quality of life in the USSR was something people want? I only said that 100% employment is possible, despite your idiotic statement that it's not.

    You have never run a business...that is painfully obvious. Here's a thought...go invest $2-3 million starting a good business and hire all the employees you want. Make a profit, grow the business and then get back to the rest of the planet with the results on your business utopia.
    How profitable is your business? And don't worry, I'm in the process of opening an SP. I'm currently a freelance worker who does half of my work for myself, and in the near future, I will have a few employees (already have a few people who are interested in working for me, but I obviously can't hire them until I have my SP). Not planning on investing anywhere near that much money because there's no need for it; not planning on hiring more than 3 people because there's no need for it. I've been building my clientele gradually and doing all the work with them myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  3. #373
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,147


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    The question, in fact, should be are you simply slow or mildly retarded? I plainly stated that I don't support the USSR at all, and wouldn't want their system run anywhere in the world. I was only proving you wrong in this interaction:




    [/COLOR]
    Are you that thick that you think I said the quality of life in the USSR was something people want? I only said that 100% employment is possible, despite your idiotic statement that it's not.



    How profitable is your business? And don't worry, I'm in the process of opening an SP. I'm currently a freelance worker who does half of my work for myself, and in the near future, I will have a few employees (already have a few people who are interested in working for me, but I obviously can't hire them until I have my SP). Not planning on investing anywhere near that much money because there's no need for it; not planning on hiring more than 3 people because there's no need for it. I've been building my clientele gradually and doing all the work with them myself.

    Make sure when you hire you employees you offer...401k, fully paid health care insurance, vision, dental, paid personal time off, paid sick leave, paid vacation and paid federal holidays. Cause if you don't, you are suddenly one of the shitty, fuckball businesses that you so lovingly referred to. Oh yeah, when you possibly have to fire someone for cause, let me know how your state UI rate works out for you. Also, when they can't make it to work for whatever reason, make sure you are understanding. Cause there are employees out there that use employers just long enough to get unemployment. Hire minorities and undocumented's too. Can't leave anyone out on the good fortune that is your business. Shall I begin to get into the cost of training employees too?

  4. #374
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    Default

    I hate to be honest here, but this nation has enough autistic, ADD, or drug-addicted people to make sure that there will never be 100% employment.
    And if there was no such thing as unemployment, then politics would lose all its meaning. Neither party wants that.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

  5. #375
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,147


    Default

    That was my point a few back. 100% employment is impossible. Transitional employment as well as what you laid out makes any thought 100% employment a fantasy. Simply put, there is a segment of the population that is unemployable. These types are better left on the public dime and out of the way.

  6. #376
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,095


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Make sure when you hire you employees you offer...401k, fully paid health care insurance, vision, dental, paid personal time off, paid sick leave, paid vacation and paid federal holidays.
    Where I live, all of that is automatically required when you employ someone, so it's not even a question. People here generally get ~30 days of holiday per year (goes up the longer you work for the same place, naturally), plus with the nature of teaching, there's not much going on in the summer, anyway. And health care is automatic. I'll be paying my increased share of taxes, as well, and not bitching about it because I'll be making a lot more money than I already do.

    state UI rate works out for you.
    Doesn't work the same here.

    Also, when they can't make it to work for whatever reason, make sure you are understanding. Cause there are employees out there that use employers just long enough to get unemployment.
    Only hiring a few current colleagues/teachers I know to make sure there's a range of specialties. I'll be happy to sub their lessons when they can't work.

    Hire minorities and undocumented's too. Can't leave anyone out on the good fortune that is your business.
    The people I'm planning to hire are Slovenes who have degrees in pedagogy or native speakers of English who are certified to teach the language, and there'd be no reason to hire/use of hiring anyone who doesn't either speak Slovene or English natively. Considering minorities here basically come from the Balkans, they wouldn't even be able to do this line of work. If I did find an undocumented person from an English-speaking country I wanted to hire who was capable of working for me, I'd be a responsible employer and actually, you know, file for their work permit and make sure they submit their background checks and get their apostilles and notaries before hiring them. Like employers who want to hire undocumented people are supposed to do.

    Shall I begin to get into the cost of training employees too?
    No training required in this situation.

    Thanks for the completely useless, uninformed advice, though.
    Last edited by Llamas; 10-06-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  7. #377
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    Default

    Don't be a douchebag, Llamas. He was just offerimg up general business advice. Trust me, you're in the minority when it comes to how you hire. Most people need just what MOTO said. So let it go and understand that in general, that's reality.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

  8. #378
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    110


    Default

    Watching the coverage from afar, I'm amazed the Republicans are remotely in this. How can the young Earth, fuck the gays, poors, women and blacks brigade be anywhere close to government?

    I'm not anti-conservative (i voted for our mainstream centre right party, but they're not far right from the Democrats really), but I am anti-idiot, and I'll be pretty happy I'm a long way away from the US if the current bible bashing version of the GOP get in.

  9. #379
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,095


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Don't be a douchebag, Llamas. He was just offerimg up general business advice. Trust me, you're in the minority when it comes to how you hire. Most people need just what MOTO said. So let it go and understand that in general, that's reality.
    No, actually he was trying to be a know-it-all condescending prick. After completely ignoring half of what I said (about the USSR), and then telling me I've never run a business before proving that he has no idea about my business.

    And you really think MOTO was suggesting to me in all honesty that I should hire undocumented foreigners? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  10. #380
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    No, actually he was trying to be a know-it-all condescending prick. After completely ignoring half of what I said (about the USSR), and then telling me I've never run a business before proving that he has no idea about my business.

    And you really think MOTO was suggesting to me in all honesty that I should hire undocumented foreigners? Really?
    Okay, maybe. But y'know, my logic is pretty solid. You're not denying that many new hires need training, are you? Or that they might have to pay big fees because some bum-fuckin Mexican lied about his citizenship? Or that most business actually DO what MOTO described, right?
    And do not hire illegal fuckers. Their first act in this nation is breaking the law, but they still expect shit like the Dream Act for their kids! If we pass the Dream Act, we will ENCOURAGE illegal immigration, not prevent it.
    I hate to quote MF Doom here, but "Pay heed to my warning. The entire human race will perish from this Earth. Where the monster... passes, unacclaiming ruins are left."
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •