View Poll Results: Does Mitt's history as a prankster mean he's a bad president-to-be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • No

10 58.82%
Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: President Romney

That was my point a few back. 100% employment is impossible. Transitional employment as well as what you laid out makes any thought 100% employment a fantasy. Simply put, there is a segment of the population that is unemployable. These types are better left on the public dime and out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Make sure when you hire you employees you offer...401k, fully paid health care insurance, vision, dental, paid personal time off, paid sick leave, paid vacation and paid federal holidays.
    Where I live, all of that is automatically required when you employ someone, so it's not even a question. People here generally get ~30 days of holiday per year (goes up the longer you work for the same place, naturally), plus with the nature of teaching, there's not much going on in the summer, anyway. And health care is automatic. I'll be paying my increased share of taxes, as well, and not bitching about it because I'll be making a lot more money than I already do.

state UI rate works out for you.
    Doesn't work the same here.

Also, when they can't make it to work for whatever reason, make sure you are understanding. Cause there are employees out there that use employers just long enough to get unemployment.
    Only hiring a few current colleagues/teachers I know to make sure there's a range of specialties. I'll be happy to sub their lessons when they can't work.

Hire minorities and undocumented's too. Can't leave anyone out on the good fortune that is your business.
    The people I'm planning to hire are Slovenes who have degrees in pedagogy or native speakers of English who are certified to teach the language, and there'd be no reason to hire/use of hiring anyone who doesn't either speak Slovene or English natively. Considering minorities here basically come from the Balkans, they wouldn't even be able to do this line of work. If I did find an undocumented person from an English-speaking country I wanted to hire who was capable of working for me, I'd be a responsible employer and actually, you know, file for their work permit and make sure they submit their background checks and get their apostilles and notaries before hiring them. Like employers who want to hire undocumented people are supposed to do.

Shall I begin to get into the cost of training employees too?
    No training required in this situation.

Thanks for the completely useless, uninformed advice, though.
    Last edited by Llamas; 10-06-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Don't be a douchebag, Llamas. He was just offerimg up general business advice. Trust me, you're in the minority when it comes to how you hire. Most people need just what MOTO said. So let it go and understand that in general, that's reality.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Watching the coverage from afar, I'm amazed the Republicans are remotely in this. How can the young Earth, fuck the gays, poors, women and blacks brigade be anywhere close to government?

I'm not anti-conservative (i voted for our mainstream centre right party, but they're not far right from the Democrats really), but I am anti-idiot, and I'll be pretty happy I'm a long way away from the US if the current bible bashing version of the GOP get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Don't be a douchebag, Llamas. He was just offerimg up general business advice. Trust me, you're in the minority when it comes to how you hire. Most people need just what MOTO said. So let it go and understand that in general, that's reality.
    No, actually he was trying to be a know-it-all condescending prick. After completely ignoring half of what I said (about the USSR), and then telling me I've never run a business before proving that he has no idea about my business.

And you really think MOTO was suggesting to me in all honesty that I should hire undocumented foreigners? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    No, actually he was trying to be a know-it-all condescending prick. After completely ignoring half of what I said (about the USSR), and then telling me I've never run a business before proving that he has no idea about my business.

And you really think MOTO was suggesting to me in all honesty that I should hire undocumented foreigners? Really?
    Okay, maybe. But y'know, my logic is pretty solid. You're not denying that many new hires need training, are you? Or that they might have to pay big fees because some bum-fuckin Mexican lied about his citizenship? Or that most business actually DO what MOTO described, right?
    And do not hire illegal fuckers. Their first act in this nation is breaking the law, but they still expect shit like the Dream Act for their kids! If we pass the Dream Act, we will ENCOURAGE illegal immigration, not prevent it.
    I hate to quote MF Doom here, but "Pay heed to my warning. The entire human race will perish from this Earth. Where the monster... passes, unacclaiming ruins are left."

The debate reminded me a bit of the 1960 Nixon v Kennedy television debate.

In terms of presentation Romney definitely came out on top, he made sure to smile in all the right places (kennedy), and well practiced delivery and consistently stayed on message with his talking points. While Obama gave more substance and indepth responses (Nixon), but less "punchy" delivery. If content was the only thing that mattered than Obama would have won, but alas that is not the case in the age of 24 hour media cycles.

I'm expecting an aggressive Joe Biden at the forthcomming VP debate (he really held himself back in the previous election's debates against Palin as to avoid the "battering women" image), he's got ground to make up. And i'd think Obama will focus more on attacks during the next debate as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

I am gonna love this debate. Ryan will kick Biden's ass, and then Team Romney will be 2-0. They'll be acoring so much, I'll have to add them to my struggling fantasy football team! I will hopefully be watching the debate for a good Biden moment. Maybe he'll say something like "Todd Akin is pro-choice" or "There is no cyberterrorism threat posed by China". It'd be so epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    I am gonna love this debate. Ryan will kick Biden's ass, and then Team Romney will be 2-0. They'll be acoring so much, I'll have to add them to my struggling fantasy football team! I will hopefully be watching the debate for a good Biden moment. Maybe he'll say something like "Todd Akin is pro-choice" or "There is no cyberterrorism threat posed by China". It'd be so epic.
    I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Biden is gonna kick ass and Ryan is gonna fail.

I don't really pay attention to politics because it's like pulling the hairs out of my head, one by one, but I have many gay friends. I really love my friends, so I guess that means I don't want Mitt.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/