View Poll Results: Does Mitt's history as a prankster mean he's a bad president-to-be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • No

10 58.82%
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: President Romney

Well, now Llamas. It was a good pic, but that's it. Not life-changing.

And that gay argument was just a response to the posts near the top of that page. Y'know, just getting involved. But recently, I saw a great gay quote.

"I'm homophobic just like I'm arachnophobic. I've got nothing against spiders nor gays, but I'd still scream if I saw one in my tub." ~ Brandon Spikes.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

I'm still waiting on that great gay quote, 'cause that was just dumb. Pretty decent joke for a non-comedian, but it didn't really make that much sense from the beginning.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

I hear ya. But you know what? He copied it from a professional comedian. Of course, the pro was British, so that probably explains a bunch.

Now, to politics: I was watching Fox News this morning and they had Grover Norquist on. Didn't say any gems, but it was nice to remember that he exists. And that despite the fact that looks like a clown, he actually has some reasonable policies.

Fuck this, I'm voting Kang & Kodos.

I'm voting for Judge Judy.

Also, Godxilla, if you're such a Libertarian, how come you act so Republican? Libertarians tend to hate Romney just as much as Obama, yet you seem to like Romney... and Fox News, which Libertarians hate, as well. It's almost as though... you just choose whatever opinions you think will piss off the posters here
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I'm voting for Judge Judy.

Also, Godxilla, if you're such a Libertarian, how come you act so Republican? Libertarians tend to hate Romney just as much as Obama, yet you seem to like Romney... and Fox News, which Libertarians hate, as well. It's almost as though... you just choose whatever opinions you think will piss off the posters here
    Ha ha, that's funny. No, it's more complex. I don't like Mitt with his creepy obsession with military might and his uncontrollable oscillating policies. But I play him as a good thing because he's the lesser of two evils. I play him up to make myself believe that he's good after all. Believe me, if I voted, I'd be voting against Obama, rather than for Romney. Furthermore, it wasn't my choice to watch Fox News. My dad put it on, and I just found it funny.

And of course I try to piss people off here. But it's mostly in my word choice. For example, I called Obama the "king." not because he wears a crown, but because it will generate more of a response, generating a debate. Or how I might send out a random mention of an AK74u.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Ha ha, that's funny. No, it's more complex. I don't like Mitt with his creepy obsession with military might and his uncontrollable oscillating policies. But I play him as a good thing because he's the lesser of two evils. I play him up to make myself believe that he's good after all. Believe me, if I voted, I'd be voting against Obama, rather than for Romney. Furthermore, it wasn't my choice to watch Fox News. My dad put it on, and I just found it funny.

And of course I try to piss people off here. But it's mostly in my word choice. For example, I called Obama the "king." not because he wears a crown, but because it will generate more of a response, generating a debate. Or how I might send out a random mention of an AK74u.
    This entire post is a strong reminder that you're 16 years old :P
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I love Grover Norquist, just because he makes it so readily apparent what a front the Republican party really is for corporate interests. Like here:

All we have to do is replace Obama. ... We are not auditioning for fearless leader. We don't need a president to tell us in what direction to go. We know what direction to go. We want the Ryan budget. ... We just need a president to sign this stuff. We don't need someone to think it up or design it. The leadership now for the modern conservative movement for the next 20 years will be coming out of the House and the Senate.
    Granted, Obama isn't a WHOLE terrible lot better, but at least he pays *lip service* to the idea that a president should be a leader and not a shill for Congressman who take most of their donations from corporate interests. In a US built on Norquist's idea of conservatism, being a shill for corporate interests is something to be proud of; at least Obama's campaign (and to be fair, Romney's to an extent) is built on trying to portray themselves as "pro-middle class" and "pro-regulation."
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    This entire post is a strong reminder that you're 16 years old :P
    That's okay. If you hadn't added that "", I might've reacted different. But whatever. Believe me, problem generation is a decent way to spend your 16th year. Especially if you like rock music. I'll sober up eventually, but hopefully not until I'm good and fuckin ready for it. Otherwise I'll have a midlife crisis and begin to do shitheaded stuff later in life.

But as my signature says:

Now, back on topic:

The fiscal cliff looms. Republicans senslessly support it. Democrats senselessly think that we must cut nothing but the military. What shall we do? I say that we should cut welfare via real reform, and cut the military via a commitment to Special Operative Forces and more hi-tech forms of weaponry like rail guns. After all, we've just gotta get ahead of Europe again and we can ignore the military for a while.
    Then, we must elect Ron Paul. EZ