View Poll Results: Does Mitt's history as a prankster mean he's a bad president-to-be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • No

10 58.82%
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: President Romney

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    He's a politician. There's going to be some shit-slinging. But he hasn't been just out and out lying the way Romney is
    The Republicans wanting to take away birth control. Romney being responsible for random steel worker's wife dying of cancer. The economy crash being on Bush, and not 30 years of policy under multiple administrations. "I'll close Guantanamo, because it doesn't work!" And, yes, the Libya thing being a spontaneous protest getting out of hand, I went there.

Is this stuff true? Hell no. But he's convincing, and he's credible, so the truth really doesn't come into it, he'll polish a turd so shiney you'll see your reflection.

Come on, that "Obama doesn't lie like Romney does" stuff really doesn't fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    The Republicans wanting to take away birth control. Romney being responsible for random steel worker's wife dying of cancer. The economy crash being on Bush, and not 30 years of policy under multiple administrations. "I'll close Guantanamo, because it doesn't work!" And, yes, the Libya thing being a spontaneous protest getting out of hand, I went there.

Is this stuff true? Hell no. But he's convincing, and he's credible, so the truth really doesn't come into it, he'll polish a turd so shiney you'll see your reflection.

Come on, that "Obama doesn't lie like Romney does" stuff really doesn't fly.
    The GOP doesn't want to take away birth control, they just want to make it difficult to access. The President did call the Benghazi attack an act of terror a day later, but you can choose to ignore that if you want.

Romney saying his health plans cover pre-existing conditions? Lie. Romney patting himself on the back for Massachusetts' balanced budgets? It's in the MA state constitution that there has to be a balanced budget. Romney patting himself on the back for being able to reach across the aisle? MA is one of the most liberal states in the country, so a Republican governor would have to reach across the aisle to get anything done. However, he also told everyone he was pro-choice and pro-gay marriage at the time, which certainly made those bipartisan efforts easier. As though the GOP's rampant obstructionism and abject refusal to hold bipartisan talks about the budget was somehow Obama's fault. Though I guess it was his fault if you consider it his fault that he exists and is the president. The Moody's credit downgrade of the US being Obama's fault? Lie. It was downgraded because the GOP was throwing up so many roadblocks to doing anything. At least Romney is now admitting that most of the defense cuts he's hammering now are due to the sequestration that came into effect due to the GOP's refusal to work towards compromise in the budget supercommittee. Well, he's at least using the word "sequestration."

Oh, and how about how Romney has repeated multiple times that Syria is Iran's only route to the sea and is therefore their greatest ally in the region. I guess he hasn't looked at a map in awhile, because Iran has direct sea access to the south and needs no ally to get to the ocean. So he's either lying or dumb as fuck. Take your pick.
    Last edited by Little_Miss_1565; 10-23-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    Bieber is NOT my bff. It makes me sad that you said that. I have much better taste. Unless you are saying that Bieber is your bff which I'm sorry. I can help you find a better bff.

I never said Bieber was your BFF. I would've figured you had better taste than that, which happens to be true. And it's not me who I was talking about either. I'd say that my musical BFF would be Pete Loeffler.
    And what exactly did you mean by that final sentence?

On topic: after 4 debates, I'd say Romney wins 2, loses 1, and ties one. He won the first two no doubt. But he was too rude in the second. And Obama had some good points in the fourth, but not enough. What do you all think?
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    I never said Bieber was your BFF. I would've figured you had better taste than that, which happens to be true. And it's not me who I was talking about either. I'd say that my musical BFF would be Pete Loeffler.
    And what exactly did you mean by that final sentence?

On topic: after 4 debates, I'd say Romney wins 2, loses 1, and ties one. He won the first two no doubt. But he was too rude in the second. And Obama had some good points in the fourth, but not enough. What do you all think?
    What I ment by the final sentence was if you need help finding a bff I would help you out. With the smiley face I put that so you wouldn't think that I was being a bitch or anything.

Romney did win the first debate no doubt but with the others I feel Obama won.
    Last edited by Tiny Vessels; 10-23-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Gotta love this talking point about the Benghazi attacks and terror. Republicans want to whine that Obama "didn't call it a terror attack" (which ultimately boils down to complaining about nomenclature, ultimately inconsequential, neverminding the fact that he actually DID call it a terror attack), and yet it was the Republican-controlled Congress that voted to cut funding to the embassy in the first place. Jason Chaffetz openly defended this on CNN in an interview with Soledad O'Brien....

CHAFFETZ: "When you're in tough economic times, you have to make difficult choices, you have to prioritize."

SOLEDAD O'BRIEN: "Okay, so you're prioritizing. So when there are complaints that, in fact, there was not enough security, you've just said absolutely that you cut --- you were the one to vote against, to increase security for the state department, which would lead directly to Benghazi. That seems like you're saying, you have a hand in the responsibility to this. The funding of the security, you're happy to cut it?"

CHAFFETZ: "Because there are literally close to two hundred embassies...you have thousands of people that are involved in this, you have to prioritize things. Libya, before 9/11, two bombings on our consolate out there. Of course that's got to be a higher priority than making sure we're protecting some other emphasis."

SOLEDAD O'BRIEN: "We just heard from the clip, from one of the guys who was going to testify before you today that there was definitely this pressure, in his mind, to not staff the embassy fully security-wise. Wouldn't that pressure be coming from you, directly, essentially, people -- and others -- who voted against the funding for security? Keep it low, because there's no funding for security?"
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 10-23-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

What Static said, plus how Gov. Romney seems to conveniently forget that he wrote this op-ed.

I just wonder why the "we had more important things to argue about than embassy security in this one location" argument doesn't also work for Obama. Conservatives and Republicans use that to attack the Obama administration for not paying enough attention to these warnings, and yet Republicans happily and knowingly cut funding for security even in light of those same warnings, using that same excuse.

Also, lol@ the Willard Romney op-ed: "If General Motors, Ford and Chrysler get the bailout that their chief executives asked for yesterday, you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye. It won’t go overnight, but its demise will be virtually guaranteed." In other words: "Obama will destroy the automotive industry, even if it never actually dies off, and even if it LOOKs like he's recovered it successfully." If we won't see it die off, then by what indication does he mean to imply that we should recognize its imminent demise? Reminds me of that "Letter From A Christian In 2012" nonsense.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

We have a full Marine detachment serving as the ambassador to France's bodyguard. France. Peace lovin France. And yet we have jack shit guarding in LIBYA. How the hell does that even frickin work.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

If they wanted a marine detachment for the Benghazi embassy, they probably should have requested one instead of requesting additional security guards, which, even if they were granted, would probably have proven to be not terribly effective in the face of what happened that night.

While the Benghazi incident is concerning and should be addressed' its is still one of the least important foreign policy questions this election.

The EU is still a financial mess, China is rising, Syria is disintegrating, and there are still 100k boots on the ground in Afghanistan. Lets talk more about some of these rather than who said the word "terror" first.

Re: A Marine detachment

Very symbolic thing to have US uniformed soldiers in a country, especially one like Libya that just underwent a radical change in government and has some radical islamacist groups within that are looking for any excuse to disrupt positive change with violence (ie, using the claim that the "US is occupying Islamic land"). It's sometimes much better to have non-uniformed security personnel.
    Last edited by jacknife737; 10-24-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.