View Poll Results: Does Mitt's history as a prankster mean he's a bad president-to-be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • No

10 58.82%
Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: President Romney

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    And Obama has no plan. He has completely abdicated any leadership whatsoever. He offered a budget that was so ridiculous (it would have added $12 trillion to the debt) that not even ONE DEMOCRATS would vote for it. It failed 97-0 in the Democrat-controlled Senate. Just how massive a failure is Obama? And since then he has offered NOTHING but fearmongering and demonization.
    Oh, you mean that time when two Republican members of Congress decided to write their own intentionally shitty 56-page versions of the president's as-of-yet nonexistent budget in attempt to pass it off as Obama's, just to prove that it would be solidly struck down? That shit was disgusting and probably illegal.

SORRY>>>NO GRAPH...I suck at cut and paste...
    Actually, you're quite good at it. I'm impressed by how you can form entire arguments out of it.
    Last edited by XYlophonetreeZ; 08-16-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

You are 100% correct. The machine of government must keep running. But if it would just run even remotely efficiently. But we are being absolutely buried in debt. Hell, the canadians are coming over the border to buy in record numbers because the dollar is so weak. Here's an example. I was going to buy a new bike a few months ago...I didn't. The dollar is so weak compared to the yen that the price of the bike was too expensive. Debt kills.

You are 100% correct. The machine of government must keep running. But if it would just run even remotely efficiently. But we are being absolutely buried in debt. Hell, the canadians are coming over the border to buy in record numbers because the dollar is so weak. Here's an example. I was going to buy a new bike a few months ago...I didn't. The dollar is so weak compared to the yen that the price of the bike was too expensive. Debt kills.
    Yes, the dollar is amazingly weak. It used to be the strongest currency, but now it's #6. It's even behind the Swiss Franc! A clear sign of monetary policy failure. Any ideas on what we can do about it?
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Yeah, I do -- the #1 thing we should do is not get suckered into any of the GOP's proposed economic policies.

Yes, we are buried in debt, but we're going to be to get out of this. When an individual is in debt, they take on extra work to get extra income. Any government's primary source of income is taxes. Taxes are going to have to go up somewhere, but the GOP is stubbornly refusing. No taxes + no spending = no recovery.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Yes, the dollar is amazingly weak. It used to be the strongest currency, but now it's #6. It's even behind the Swiss Franc! A clear sign of monetary policy failure. Any ideas on what we can do about it?
    Yup...but we won't do it. Too many people will be affected by shear common sense. What do you do when you (a business) run out of, or need, money? You borrow it. What happens to the value of your business when you have too much debt? You BS looks like shit and your ratios aren't good. Banks eventually won't loan anymore money to you because the likelihood of being repaid is lessened to a large degree. What does any sane business person do? Cut expenses and get things back on track as best as possible. What does the government do? Print money (or bonds), monetize the debt, devalue the dollar, so it takes more dollars of which we have none of to repay loans or bonds. Basically polticians are fucking buying votes with bullshit programs to specific groups and it's that simple. ALL POLITICIANS are guilty. If you ever shake hands with a politician, you better count your fingers.

Yup...but we won't do it. Too many people will be affected by shear common sense. What do you do when you (a business) run out of, or need, money? You borrow it. What happens to the value of your business when you have too much debt? You BS looks like shit and your ratios aren't good. Banks eventually won't loan anymore money to you because the likelihood of being repaid is lessened to a large degree. What does any sane business person do? Cut expenses and get things back on track as best as possible. What does the government do? Print money (or bonds), monetize the debt, devalue the dollar, so it takes more dollars of which we have none of to repay loans or bonds. Basically polticians are fucking buying votes with bullshit programs to specific groups and it's that simple. ALL POLITICIANS are guilty. If you ever shake hands with a politician, you better count your fingers.
    I know you have shaken hands with a politician before... Do you still have all your fingers?

Luckily yes...but I did use the old stink palm.

Bush was no genius but what exactly did he fuck up?
    He fucked up the whole western civilization with asymmetric war against some muslims.

The Bush administration also aided and abetted the financial practices that caused the economy to collapse.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

He also lied to us about not being in a re-session until it was almost time for the 08 election then he came out and told the truth. Fucked us over that.
    Last edited by Tiny Vessels; 08-16-2012 at 03:35 PM.