View Poll Results: Does Mitt's history as a prankster mean he's a bad president-to-be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • No

10 58.82%
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: President Romney

[QUOTE=MOTO13;1481751Trust me, you have nothing to lose.[/QUOTE]

I have everthing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Yeah...except Clint was trying to be funny and make a point. And he never said Obama started the wars from anything I heard. Obama's stament, if I heard it correctly, is one of the most profoundly fucking stupid things I have ever heard from a president. It doesn't even make sense, because it is impossible to do.
    http://www.mstarz.com/articles/4687/...tch-online.htm - This is the full transcript. He's placing the blame for Afghanistan on Obama, and considering every Republican I encountered at the time (and living in Indiana, that was A LOT of them) considered it an act of high treason to question the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, even after it was revealed that Iraq had no WMDs, this is a rather laughable attempt at magical thinking. Is this what you meant by Clint trying to be funny?

Also, not all of the money the US has was borrowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Are you stupid? If those Nader votes hadn't been cast, the election may have turned out much differently. That means that they were rather important. Don't be a skinhead boogerbrain, our PunkMod.
    Right, because a vote for a radical means they wanted a hyperconservative to get the office. The votes ended up being important to Bush supporters, but in voting for a radical they voted for a Republican. Ergo, their votes were thrown away.

Congratulations! With all this "punkmod" nonsense you've made up all of a sudden, your logical fallacy is: Straw Man.

It always makes me laugh to hear silly little liberals talk about business. They seem think that corporations are little creatures that act like termites with teeth, ready to eat our money and rape our babies. I wonder how many of these fools actually work; probably not many. They clearly don't know that corporations are actually made of people. Poor idiots. Dropped out of school to join a punk band, but never grew a brain in the meantime. Silly. The goal of corporations should and is to make money (sorry, not to shower black teens in money that gets pissed away on rap albums). I don't get why y'all libbies don't get it. Funny shit, yo. Makes me wanna do some weed and pretend idiots don't exist.
    God, I would not want to be in high school again for anything in the world, especially for all the sanctimonious nonsense about the value of hard work from people who have never had a job other than those traditionally done by high school students, nor worked for a large corporation (which I have) to provide experience in why large corporations give zero fucks about the people who work for them. And having not only a high school diploma but graduated with high honors from a great school and making a very nice paycheck myself, running my own business while working another job and even being in bands, I think I know a little bit more than you about how business works.

So basically, all of this is a wholly theoretical exercise to you, which makes it easy for you to rant and rave with all of this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Obviously you forgot what he (Bush) was dealing with...a democratic congress. But Bush did spend a lot of $$ on his own. No doubting that. That's gone and done. People need to get past this and focus on now...not last week. Obama has done absolutely nothing to improve this economy or country in any way. Here's what Obama has accomplished sine 2009 when he took over: Gas prices...doubled. Housing values...down 35%. Median income down 10%. Welfare and SSI payuments...way up. Unemployment...no better and actually got worse. US credit rating...downgraded. National debt...up 60% to $16,000,000,000,000 in 3.5 years. Fucking staggering failure with that kind of money spent. Overall outlook for our economy under Obama looks bleak. He has done zero to improve our future. Bush at least had an excuse. He was dealing with the 9/11 fallout and we had to do something. Why would anyone in theor right mind re-elect a man with a piss poor system of utter failure? Obama is done.

Romney has a track record of success. People might want to give it a shot. Trust me, you have nothing to lose.
    I have everything to lose because people I love have everything to lose. My grandparent's marriage was interracial, and at the time, it was illegal. Everyone now agrees this is ridiculous. It is beyond high time for people to get over their "eww, gay, cooties" bullshit. Not to mention that while I'm not sure I could ever get an abortion myself, but I've had a friend who was raped and then had their rapist turn around and try to get injunctions to force her to carry the pregnancy resulting from the rape to term. WHILE THEY WERE IN HIGH SCHOOL. Choosing to carry that pregnancy to term is one thing, and that's a complicated matter that should be left to the woman in the situation. But if that woman tries to slit her wrists because being forced to carry that pregnancy would be worse than death to her, as my friend did...you can probably guess. I could never, ever, ever vote for anyone who doesn't think forcing teenagers to carry their rapists' babies to term is repugnant. We live in scary, uncertain times, and it's easy to appeal to scared people by presenting them with black and white snapshots of what life is, but the truth is that there are so many gradations, and if you're in the business of ignoring those gradations, well, I'm out.

Romney has a track record of making money. Making money is not the only metric of success. I'd consider working for him in business, but his plans for the country don't work, because this country is not a business. Your boss does not give a fuck about your personal life, nor should he. But your country has to.

PS no president has the power to affect gas prices, and the credit rating was downgraded due to butthurt Republican obstructionism in Congress and their refusal to do anything but cry when it came time to do something about the budget.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

[QUOTE=Little_Miss_1565;1481760...Romney has a track record of making money. Making money is not the only metric of success. I'd consider working for him in business, but his plans for the country don't work, because this country is not a business. Your boss does not give a fuck about your personal life, nor should he. But your country has to.

PS no president has the power to affect gas prices, and the credit rating was downgraded due to butthurt Republican obstructionism in Congress and their refusal to do anything but cry when it came time to do something about the budget.[/QUOTE]

Wow...wrong. You blame the republicans for the down grade when it was Obama and his band of merry idiots who ran everything for the first 2 years of his term? That's funny. Finally after over 2 years, the repubs had some control and tried to stop the bleeding. Jeezuz, get with the program. The rest of the world is not blind to the stupidity running this country right now. We have serious problems.

You won't trust Romney even though he has a proven track record as a superior business man. Who has a track record of philanthropy (he basically gave away all his inheretence). What he has now he actually earned. Has paid more taxes than Obama will ever even earn in his lifetime. Ran the Olympics, straightened that out, was a excellent govenor for many years and has numerous other talents that lend themselves to correcting this mess.. BUT...you would rather put your faith and trust in Obama. A man who had ZERO experience in any executive level of government or private industry and who since being elected to president, by any measure has fucked things up so badly it may take years to repair?

Good call.

Moto13 romney running the Olympics has nothing to do with him running for president

Obama started his presidency in charge of a steaming hunk of rubble. It's not rebuilt fast enough, so he failed. That's logical.

When Romney was my governor, he was pro-choice, legalized gay marriage, and instituted a healthcare plan exactly like Obamacare. So no, I wouldn't trust him far as I could throw him right now.

I think Steve Jobs was a great businessman too, but if he were still living, I wouldn't vote for him for president.

Romney is very wishy washy so why would vote for a president who's like that?

It always makes me laugh to hear silly little liberals talk about business. They seem think that corporations are little creatures that act like termites with teeth, ready to eat our money and rape our babies. I wonder how many of these fools actually work; probably not many. They clearly don't know that corporations are actually made of people. Poor idiots. Dropped out of school to join a punk band, but never grew a brain in the meantime. Silly. The goal of corporations should and is to make money (sorry, not to shower black teens in money that gets pissed away on rap albums). I don't get why y'all libbies don't get it. Funny shit, yo. Makes me wanna do some weed and pretend idiots don't exist.
    This is particularly funny to me. I'm a freelance educator who teaches privately and through cooperation with multiple private agencies, some of which are quite large. I am also in the process of acquiring an SP and opening my own company for teaching and copywriting. You are a high school student who has never worked in business nor been a significant part of a large company. Tell me again about how you know so much about business.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    This is particularly funny to me. I'm a freelance educator who teaches privately and through cooperation with multiple private agencies, some of which are quite large. I am also in the process of acquiring an SP and opening my own company for teaching and copywriting. You are a high school student who has never worked in business nor been a significant part of a large company. Tell me again about how you know so much about business.
    I shall prove this the long way: you just answer my questions.
    A. What is my age?
    B. What is the voting age?
    C. Therefore, have I ever voted?
    D. Could I explain how the electoral system works?
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Godxilla, you don't even know enough to know what you don't know. Reading about something doesn't make you an expert. You can't compare a system to the state of having a job. The electoral college has relatively few variables. Running a business has infinite variables, few of which are under your control.

Congratulations, you recieve a 100% on my test for reaching the conclusion. But maybe your education wasn't like mine. Did you have TV news and FOX news Sunday? Did you read the newspaper every morning? Did your father lose his job for almost a year? If you did, then we know the same things, muchacho.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.