View Poll Results: Does Mitt's history as a prankster mean he's a bad president-to-be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • No

10 58.82%
Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: President Romney

Average gas price in Ontario at the moment is around $1.34per liter (in Montreal today it was apparently as high as $1.53!) which is about $5.07 per gallon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Average gas price in Ontario at the moment is around $1.34per liter (in Montreal today it was apparently as high as $1.53!) which is about $5.07 per gallon.
    I figured it's more expensive in Canada than in the US (considering it's more expensive EVERYWHERE than in the US), but was too lazy to look it up. It really drives me nuts to see/hear Americans bitching about gas prices, considering they whine about it more than anyone and yet have the lowest prices in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    Yes $5 gal gas is bad, very bad
    Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I figured it's more expensive in Canada than in the US (considering it's more expensive EVERYWHERE than in the US), but was too lazy to look it up. It really drives me nuts to see/hear Americans bitching about gas prices, considering they whine about it more than anyone and yet have the lowest prices in the world.
    Our entire economy runs by trucking. We use gas/diesel to commute to work. We don't ride by donkey or horseback. For right or wrong, gas is in everyuthing we do. Just because other people are content with getting fucked don't expect us to be. Pay whatever they say the price is and get taxed to death on it. That's your choice. When oil was $150/brl, we were paying $4 gal. Oil is now $100/barrel, we are paying $4/gal. Something is crazy with that math. If you are content with $5+/gal gas, have at it. We (US) have a squeal point. Hell, we'd probably start a war over it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Our entire economy runs by trucking. We use gas/diesel to commute to work. We don't ride by donkey or horseback. For right or wrong, gas is in everyuthing we do. Just because other people are content with getting fucked don't expect us to be. Pay whatever they say the price is and get taxed to death on it. That's your choice. When oil was $150/brl, we were paying $4 gal. Oil is now $100/barrel, we are paying $4/gal. Something is crazy with that math. If you are content with $5+/gal gas, have at it. We (US) have a squeal point. Hell, we'd probably start a war over it.
    .... Do you really think we're the only country that relies on trucking to move goods and get to work? The ugly American routine has got to stop. The UK and Europe do not ride fucking donkeys around just because you feel like your needs are superior.

Refinery issues, of which there have been MANY this year, also results in higher gas prices without a raise in the price of oil.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

I always wondered why the US didn't have more trains.

Not for everything of course, I don't mean that their should be trains between New York and San Francisco but for short/middle distances, I always thought it was weird.

And when I say trains, I mean very fast trains, not the one you see in the Big Bang Theory that seems incredibly slow.

Also, I like fast trains.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

^Because trains are for queers and foreigners!!!!

I'd love to have a high speed rail line linking all of Southern ontario all the way to Montreal, and another line linking the Western Provinces together. And it makes way too much sense to have a line going up and down each coast of the US.

I suspect the reason why it hasn't been introduced yet is the high cost of constructing high speed rail lines, and the fact that relatively speaking, airlines here are still somewhat reasonably priced and so potential investors aren't quite confident they'd be able to turn a profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    .... Do you really think we're the only country that relies on trucking to move goods and get to work? The ugly American routine has got to stop. The UK and Europe do not ride fucking donkeys around just because you feel like your needs are superior.

Refinery issues, of which there have been MANY this year, also results in higher gas prices without a raise in the price of oil.
    That's a lame excuse...refinery issues. There is no oil or gas shortage so why would the refineries be impacting the price? Record profits may have a bit to do with it. Possibly building new, more efficient refineries may help, but that's been impossible for the past 40 years. The whole oil industry is baffling to me. The price on a barrel of oil sometimes impacts the gas price and other times...nothing. But the oil companies seem to do ok either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post

Wrong. I'd be lost without my donkey. I'd have no way to get to work! I can't walk all the way there on those dirt roads without shoes!

That argument was hilarious. Right. Europe doesn't rely on trucking for anything. Looks like Wishomie has no idea what Europe is like. Maybe he should read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    I always wondered why the US didn't have more trains.
    Because our country was built around cars. Europe has spent recent decades trying to incorporate cars more and more, while the US has been trying to build up more public transit infrastructure. It takes a lot of time, though, and now the economy sucks and there's no money to spend on it. If you compare the bigger cities in the US now to 30 years ago, you'll see how greatly improved the public transit is. If you just look at Minneapolis/St. Paul... 30 years ago, they had just a few buses. Now there are something like 20-30 bus lines, a light rail for which the county is building more and more stops for, and a new commuter train line out of the cities. Hopefully once the economy is back on track, things will continue to improve in that regard.

^Because trains are for queers and foreigners!!!!
    You are right! That's exactly why I use them
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Wrong. I'd be lost without my donkey. I'd have no way to get to work! I can't walk all the way there on those dirt roads without shoes!

That argument was hilarious. Right. Europe doesn't rely on trucking for anything. Looks like Wishomie has no idea what Europe is like. Maybe he should read a book.

Because our country was built around cars. Europe has spent recent decades trying to incorporate cars more and more, while the US has been trying to build up more public transit infrastructure. It takes a lot of time, though, and now the economy sucks and there's no money to spend on it. If you compare the bigger cities in the US now to 30 years ago, you'll see how greatly improved the public transit is. If you just look at Minneapolis/St. Paul... 30 years ago, they had just a few buses. Now there are something like 20-30 bus lines, a light rail for which the county is building more and more stops for, and a new commuter train line out of the cities. Hopefully once the economy is back on track, things will continue to improve in that regard.

You are right! That's exactly why I use them
    Isn't the actual cost of gas less in Europe than the US? Just that the Europeans are stupid enough to have a 70% tax on every gallon.

In the US, cities are farther apart and people live farther from work than in europe. So trucking everyday goods and commuting is crucial here, plus it is longer distances for each. Also, americans wouldn't be stupid enough to to pay $8 for a gallon of gas and have the vast majority of that cost be taxes. One of the reason we waved bye-bye 250 years ago.