View Poll Results: Does Mitt's history as a prankster mean he's a bad president-to-be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • No

10 58.82%
Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: President Romney

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Without tax, gas in Germany is $5.16/gal. With tax, it's about $7/gal. Yep, the tax is higher. Is it "the vast majority" of the cost? Not even close to half, let alone majority. Is it 70%? Again, not even close. And gas in Europe is already more expensive WITHOUT tax than it is in the US WITH tax. So so much for your "the actual cost of gas" being "less in Europe than the US". How can you even take yourself seriously when you spout off with such unresearched nonsense?

Oh really? Four years ago in Minnesota, gas was around $4.50 a gallon. So what happened to this "magic number" of 4 in the Midwest?

Also, Wishomie admits he's from the Midwest Wisconsin is such a shithole.
    Yeah, I said it may go above...briefly. I am from Iowa. Wisconsin sucks.

According to Bloomberg we have the 49th highest prices and were 55th in overal percentages paid at the pump. We really don't have that much to complain about on a world scale, but that doesn't mean we can't be upset when gas prices go up 25 percent in two days. I agree that something needs to be done to stop the oil companies from fucking everyone over, but it's ridiculous to put all the blame on the President and it's downright naive to think Romney will do anything about it, besides maybe something that would benefit oil companies even more.
    Last edited by WebDudette; 09-12-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    According to Bloomberg we have the 49th highest prices and were 55th in overal percentages paid at the pump. We really don't have that much to complain about on a world scale, but that doesn't mean we can't be upset when gas prices go up 25 percent in two days. I agree that something needs to be done to stop the oil companies from fucking everyone over, but it's ridiculous to put all the blame on the President and it's downright naive to think Romney will do anything about it, besides maybe something that would benefit oil companies even more.
    Of course he could. Obama took over the health care industry in the middle of the night in 2009 against the will of most americans...how about actually doing something constructive that impacts everyone everyday of their lives and frees up billions of dollars almost immediately. Gas prices and inflation are what is holding back this economy. Oil companies have made billions in profits in the past 5 years...he could pass a law temporarily withholding all federal gas tax as well as other things to lower fuel costs. This would kick the economy. It would lower prices accross the board on trucked goods and people would spend.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Of course he could. Obama took over the health care industry in the middle of the night in 2009 against the will of most americans...how about actually doing something constructive that impacts everyone everyday of their lives and frees up billions of dollars almost immediately. Gas prices and inflation are what is holding back this economy. Oil companies have made billions in profits in the past 5 years...he could pass a law temporarily withholding all federal gas tax as well as other things to lower fuel costs. This would kick the economy. It would lower prices accross the board on trucked goods and people would spend.

Because... social security has no impact on people ?

I am not sure I can have an opinion on this though, I really don't understand how the system of health insurance works in the US.

I tried to understand though...

But anyway, I wouldn't understand about gas... I'm European, I don't drive, I ride a donkey to work. But it's okay. Donkey poop is good for my plants.

(Completely out of subject, though related, something cool appeared in Paris these last months. Our Mayor who is a stupid ecologist/crazy communist launched the "Autolib" network : Electric cars that are parked in different places of the city and that anybody (with a licence) can use whenever they want. It's cheap too, compared to owning a car).
    Last edited by Harleyquiiinn; 09-13-2012 at 08:53 AM.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Serious question, how old are you Moto?
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Serious question, how old are you Moto?
    Surely there must be a simple reason behind such a simple question.

Indeed. I'm hoping you're not an adult so there's hope for the future of America.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Indeed. I'm hoping you're not an adult so there's hope for the future of America.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

lol. Bazinga.

You must not pay attention at all.

Did you go to college? If so, what was your major?

This is turning into team NOT Moto. You're not making too many friends right now