View Poll Results: Does Mitt's history as a prankster mean he's a bad president-to-be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • No

10 58.82%
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: President Romney

Well now, let's not fall in love too quickly. There's a reason I have an ex-wife.

While obviously women should be receiving equal pay to men, I think it's worth mentioning that within the Obama administration, the White House, they're not.

There's a point where this type of stirring-the-shit in the name of campaign politics becomes a giant "fuck you, dude". They all do it, but seriously, at this point I could almost vote Romney just out of spite. Especially with all the "it's time to put aside childish things" rise-above-it-all stuff he was spurting after being elected.

I think that's starting to become my problem with Obama. I never really bought that he was going to significantly change the system up, but all the same it's just becoming more and more clear he's exactly like the rest. It bugs me a lot.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Well now, let's not fall in love too quickly. There's a reason I have an ex-wife.
    You ran out of roofies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    While obviously women should be receiving equal pay to men, I think it's worth mentioning that within the Obama administration, the White House, they're not.

There's a point where this type of stirring-the-shit in the name of campaign politics becomes a giant "fuck you, dude". They all do it, but seriously, at this point I could almost vote Romney just out of spite. Especially with all the "it's time to put aside childish things" rise-above-it-all stuff he was spurting after being elected.

I think that's starting to become my problem with Obama. I never really bought that he was going to significantly change the system up, but all the same it's just becoming more and more clear he's exactly like the rest. It bugs me a lot.
    Well I wouldn't say exactly, but enough that it should have been clear some years ago. I don't really understand how that translates into an automatic vote for Romney, though. His campaign is slinging out far more bullshit than Obama's.

Oh, and whoever it was who said "sheeple" earlier lost all credibility with me.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

My biggest frustration with the frustration with Obama is that people are surprised to find out he's a politician.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    I don't really understand how that translates into an automatic vote for Romney, though. His campaign is slinging out far more bullshit than Obama's.
    Totally disagree. I would have predicted, say, soon after Romney got his party nomination that would be the case, that the Romney camp would be the major bullshit wizards. It's really, really working out about even. Which, yeah, shouldn't be an automatic siding-with-Romney case under normal circumstances, aside from Obama's pretty momentous rhetoric against that type of bullshit upon being elected. So it's not just "aw, how cute, a regular politician", it becomes "aw, how infuriating, someone who's full of shit too but is awesome at convincing everyone he isn't."

He's a politician. There's going to be some shit-slinging. But he hasn't been just out and out lying the way Romney is, and has his entire career. He's the sort of guy who has no convictions of his own, only whatever convictions are going to get him more power. It takes some serious balls to take positions that completely contradict every other position he's taken, meanwhile acting like that's the way it's been all along. Obama has many faults, but that is certainly not one of them.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

No kidding that uncle O's got issues.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Oh, and whoever it was who said "sheeple" earlier lost all credibility with me.
    My biggest frustration with the frustration with Obama is that people are surprised to find out he's a politician.
    I support both of these statements 100%

Also, I think it's odd how many closet Republicans take the "I'm not going to vote for Obama because they're both just as bad and I don't want to support the lesser of two evils....so I'm voting for Romney instead" line of thinking. If they're both "just as bad," why vote for either? Seems to me like an excuse to make oneself seem "moderate" so the eventual vote for Mitt Romney seems more surprising....but why? Why not just admit you're going to vote party line Republican regardless of what happens?
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 10-22-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

I was the one who said sheeple.
    Because people are fucking sheep. "Oh, let's just not pay attention to the real world and keep our noses in our iThings until hell freezes fucking over! Why not? My bff Bieber does it"
    Did you know, sheep outnumber people 12 to 1 in New Zealand?
    In the USA, it's 312 million to zero.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    My bff Bieber does it"
    Bieber is NOT my bff. It makes me sad that you said that. I have much better taste. Unless you are saying that Bieber is your bff which I'm sorry. I can help you find a better bff.