View Poll Results: Does Mitt's history as a prankster mean he's a bad president-to-be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • No

10 58.82%
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Thread: President Romney

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    I can tell you one thing for sure about the presidential race... it is going to be close. Very Close. It will come down to exactly one vote....................mine. Ohio is key. If Romney carries it, game over, election is done. If Obama carries it, this thing will go down to the wire.

Anyone who believes anything about the "predicted" election results from the NYT's has a screw loose. Go look at the model they use for predicting such bullshit. You'd be better off using a Magic 8 ball.
    Exactly my point, Jackknife. Just because you throw together a bunch of polls conducted by assholes and put "NY Times" over it doesn't mean it's even CLOSE to the truth. Believe me, this damn thing could go either way. And it'll likely go Republican.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

The NYT's uses the model from 2008 which uses a very unusual and high Dem turnout and makes a shit ton of assumptions. It is patently fucking pie in the sky bullshit. In 2008 there was democratic turnout of historic numbers. It was an anomoly. They assume it will be the same or even better in 2012. It won't be. The pollsters basically over sample the democrats and under sample republicans and the results are they poll anywhere from 8-15% more dems that republs. At the same time they sometimes use polling models in certain areas that are 40-50 years old that are known to be heavier replublican affiliation than it was 50 years ago. It can skew the hell out of anything. You see the result you want...obviously. This is why Rasmusson and to a lesser degree Gallup polls are inherently more accurate.

Last edited by WebDudette; 11-06-2012 at 11:11 PM.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

THAT FACE SAYS SO MUCH.

Lol so can we close this thread now? Lol jk lol
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Yeah. It's over, I guess.
    But politics itself isn't. I'll just make another thread with a less irrelevant poll.
    See y'all in 4 years.

The guy behind jacknifes link, by the way, got every single state right.

I hereby proclaim an end to this thread. To think, we started with a miniscule campaign question, from back when Llamas still insulted me. We debated gay marriage ad nauseum, bashed Bush, bashed Obama more, and defended him vigorously. Then we made predictions, some of which were right, some of which were wrong. But what a thread! Dozens of pages, hundreds of posts, and many friends and enemies made. What a thread indeed.

I can't wait to start another thread like this in 4 years!

Will you have a fundementally flawed thread and poll title next time, just as you did this time?

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    My favorite polling blog Five Thirty Eight has Obama taking 314.4 electoral votes to Romney's 223.6: which would give Obama a 91.4% chance of winning tomorrow. They also have the dem's taking the senate 52.5-47.5.

Perhaps this race isn't quite as close as we've believed.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/
    Looks like this liberal and horribly flawed NY TImes system turned out to be 100% accurate.

I suppose math must have a liberal bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

He seems to have predicted each state right, but how did he get Obama 313, Romney 225? If the states were the same, the electoral numbers should match... but obviously they don't. Wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk