View Poll Results: Does Mitt's history as a prankster mean he's a bad president-to-be?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • No

10 58.82%
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: President Romney

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    Seriously, I checked it out. Holy shit...you never cease to amaze me with...forget it. You are basing your opinion on a VP candidate from a frigging facebook internet ad? Excellent job. You spend more fucking time researching what god dam shoes to wear each day.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Seriously, I checked it out. Holy shit...you never cease to amaze me with...forget it. You are basing your opinion on a VP candidate from a frigging facebook internet ad? Excellent job. You spend more fucking time researching what god dam shoes to wear each day.
    Ugh you're so frustrating. That is one of the reason why I don't like him. No my whole opinion is not based off of that. I don't know I thought that if you just read that you would like kinda see from my view on what I think is important but clearly that is way too difficult for you.

Ugh you're so frustrating. That is one of the reason why I don't like him. No my whole opinion is not based off of that. I don't know I thought that if you just read that you would like kinda see from my view on what I think is important but clearly that is way too difficult for you.
    What's waaaayyyyy to difficult is even friggin digesting the fact that anyone would simply take a blanket point of view from that damn thing and then assume it is even correct. It's laughable. Then use it to try to convince someone else on that point of view. Are you getting enough fiber in your diet?

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    What's waaaayyyyy to difficult is even friggin digesting the fact that anyone would simply take a blanket point of view from that damn thing and then assume it is even correct. It's laughable. Then use it to try to convince someone else on that point of view. Are you getting enough fiber in your diet?
    Okay, so it takes little time to dig that banner with no citations. Yet, everything in that banner is correct (despite all rhetorical intents). Paul Ryan is a co-sponsor of the Sanctity of Life act, which entails most of the things the banner mentions. He's also a Ayn Rand advocate. lol

So you made a big deal about how little time it took to find that banner and how quickly he/she accepted it as true (apparently presuming that the media that distributed was prone to deceit). Yet, the banner and Tiny Vessels are right. What happens now?

What do you mean by a "blanket point of view"? Are you implying that Tiny Vessels erroneously assumed that the claims in the banner are true (the claims are true)? Or were you implying that Tiny Vessels somehow assumed that Paul Ryan's anti-abortion ideas are wrong based on the "pro-choice" rhetoric of the banner (which is a hugely presumptuous leap).

What is your personal stance on the abortion debate?

If you believe that abortion should be legal, how do you justify supporting Paul Ryan's point of view or his candidacy as a VP? Do you believe that his fiscal policies outweigh his social policies?

I'm not an economics buff, but I'm seriously under the impression that Paul Ryan's fiscal points of view are more based on Ayn Rand's shitty philosophy than the contributions of someone like, say, Hayek.

Stance on abortions: more salt.

Wow, we agree on something, Scythe. Ayn Rand is balls. And before anyone says anything more about her, she collected social security like anyone else.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Ayn Rand is balls. And before anyone says anything more about her, she collected social security like anyone else.
    derp. That does not mean her stances are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe Death View Post
    Okay, so it takes little time to dig that banner with no citations. Yet, everything in that banner is correct (despite all rhetorical intents). Paul Ryan is a co-sponsor of the Sanctity of Life act, which entails most of the things the banner mentions. He's also a Ayn Rand advocate. lol

So you made a big deal about how little time it took to find that banner and how quickly he/she accepted it as true (apparently presuming that the media that distributed was prone to deceit). Yet, the banner and Tiny Vessels are right. What happens now?

I'm not an economics buff, but I'm seriously under the impression that Paul Ryan's fiscal points of view are more based on Ayn Rand's shitty philosophy than the contributions of someone like, say, Hayek.
    Everything you said is perfect. Yeah hear that MOTO, I AM RIGHT!!! As a women ( I was gonna say girl but when you're 26 I think it's time to say women) I believe it is a women's choice what she wants to do with her own body. The govenment should have no say in it. NONE.

As a women to uses birth control why would I vote for someone is wants to ban it? Seriously.

He voted against the fair pay law! Really? He doesn't want women to get paid fair? Bullshit.

Paul Ryan hates women. The proof is right there. Why would I vote for someone who doesn't want women to have a say over their bodies, not use a perscription drug, and not get paid fair? Not for me.
    Last edited by Tiny Vessels; 08-12-2012 at 01:49 PM.

I believe it is a women's choice what she wants to do with her own body. The govenment should have no say in it. NONE.
    Do you think the government shouldn't have any say if a woman wants to smoke crack while breastfeeding her child? The premise of the "pro-life" argument is that it's not only a woman's body that is being affected, but that her actions impose detriment on other living beings.

If I recall correctly, Paul Ryan doesn't advocate banning all contraceptives, but just certain kinds (particularly the kinds that may serve in killing an embryo after conception). I may be wrong in the specifics though.

Personally, I think that the mode of thinking of "NO GOVERNMENT" of some people is fallacious. I believe that government intervention is not necessarily a bad thing for anything. I advocate any legislation as long as it is reasonable and rational. And up to this point, I evaluate the pro-abortion arguments as more rational than the anti-abortion arguments.

Mainly what I was talking about was being pro-choice. Do I think a crackhead smoking and breastfeeding is right? No I don't and yeah sure the government should have a say in that matter. If a crackhead wants to smoke it will smoke no matter what.

What I saying about no government was my pro-choice argument.

He did vote to cut funding to planned parenthood which supplies basic birth control to countless Americans, as well as other essential services.

I don't like that he wants to cut funding on the green energy intiative.

This seems like a decent site for reviewing the actions of politicians over their career:

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Paul_Ryan.htm/