Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Guns (Video Clip)

Default OC Guns (Video Clip)

I can't be the only one who thinks this song deserves a fun video. Gringo Bandito should definitely star it.

PS: is the clacking at the very beginning of the song taken from this scene from "The Warriors"? I love this movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibVhOGDzoA4

But it's goofy and different, Camila! How the fuck can you like this, huh? Huh?

How dare they?

And the only way this'll get a video will be Cool To Hate/Da Hui style, no chance in hell it'll be a single.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    But it's goofy and different, Camila! How the fuck can you like this, huh? Huh?

How dare they?

And the only way this'll get a video will be Cool To Hate/Da Hui style, no chance in hell it'll be a single.
    I didn't know the nice side of you, Eskimo. It's "different"?! Yes, Offspring different and Goofy. That's what I am talking about. Like I said on the pool thread OC Gun makes up for CC.

And yes, I don't think it should be a single. I agree with your examples of videos, which would only make it the more awesome. =)

OCG is the most unexpected success on the album for me. I'd like a video too, something drawn and they don't have to be in it, they can draw them though.

The sound is probably Vibraslap, Dexter posted a pic on twitter with it. And they use it later in the song I guess, but in a different way, it sounds like a jumping spiral or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Degstur Lolland View Post
    OCG is the most unexpected success on the album for me. I'd like a video too, something drawn and they don't have to be in it, they can draw them though.
    That was the song I was most curious about and I am not disappointed. It would be something drawn like Frijoleros by Molotov, but it would be much cooler if for example we could see Greg playing a cabron or something hahaha... That'd be hilarious...
    Last edited by Camila; 06-22-2012 at 10:28 PM.

It's funny, I was prepared to hate this song. The description sounded worrying, but it's actually one of the best songs they've ever done imo.

It's probably not single material though because it doesn't have many change ups to get the attention. It's four minutes of subtle changes with a soild funky bass.

I don't know if it's the fact that I'm half Hispanic and just finished my spanish minor, but Dexter's pronunciation of those spanish words really irks me. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I definitely feel like this would have been an AMAZING instrumental track, and that's something I don't normally say about these guys...
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

That sucks, Thomas. Take it like a manxican. Pretty Spanish for a white guy. More fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I don't know if it's the fact that I'm half Hispanic and just finished my spanish minor, but Dexter's pronunciation of those spanish words really irks me. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I definitely feel like this would have been an AMAZING instrumental track, and that's something I don't normally say about these guys...
    It honestly kinda irks me when people are irked by such things. Would you be irked, as well, if someone who spoke English as a second language sang a song in English with a bad accent? I hate it when people are irked by others not having the best accents in languages that aren't their own. Dexter used Spanish for stylistic reasons, and I like the purpose that it serves. I don't speak Spanish, and I can definitely hear his ultra-American accent in the song... but it's just an accent.

In fact, it always seems to be in cases where the language in question is not the first language of the person who's irked. Just recently an American-Finnish friend of mine who speaks French as a third language complained about Regina Spektor's French accent in one of her new songs. But I don't think I've heard anyone complain about a "foreigner" singing a song in that person's first language.

This isn't exactly directed toward you, Thomas - it's just something that's been bugging me lately and your post was just the straw that broke the camel's back
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk