Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about Kristy, Are you doing ok?

Question Question about Kristy, Are you doing ok?

I've noticed in several places, that Kristy , are you doing ok? seems to get a lot of flak - in fact one reviewer wrote to the effect of apologising for it's existence. I am just curious, as to why was it so disliked? I quite like it, but i don't understand what is so objectionable about it (Cruisin' California is another issue - I see the problem there, regardless of my taste). Its not their usual style - but i doubt thats enough to garner quite the venom it seemed to have got...

I've often wondered that myself... I certainly don't love the song or anything... it's decent if nothing great, but it does strike me as odd why it's hated so much. Whereas like you say, the venom directed at Cruising California is definitely understandable.

Epideme? Are you a Red Dwarf fan? lol

As I have said before, Kristy has grown on me after many listens and especially after I heard the live version. It took me much time but I like it now and I put it next to "Denial,Revisited"(I like this as well). It is out of their style but it's not a bad song. "Fix you" is worse. "Cruising California" is fast and I really like it much better than all of their slow songs(Kristy,Fix you,Why don't you get a job etc).
    Last edited by Defender; 07-02-2012 at 05:26 AM.
    Enslave my mind...

Kristy is very similar to Job, but it's not as lush, they don't like to repeat themselves. I gave Kristy 10/10 right from the beginning.

Some people will only accept Punk songs from a Punk band, and don't believe in one group producing anything other than what they began with.

Ignoramuses like that are what slows the progression of music.
    Your back's to the wall, that's protocol;
    It's sequestering your spirit, misleading us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles

Kristy is okay, not great, but okay. It's decently made music wise, nothing special, but it has a meaning. I'd take it over Cruising California any day just on lyrically meaning.

It's "ballady" so it is prone to get more flak.
    I'm not nuts about it at all, but it's acceptable.
    Cruising California isn't.
    Fix You seems to get a lot of flak as well, but I love that one.
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

I've always liked this song. It's different, but still fits with the rest of that record. If it was a love song, it wouldn't be as interesting; the lyrics make up a lot of why that song works.

Ok, that's why I don't like it very much. It sounds like a cheesy love song. I know the meaning is different, but generally I don't focus on lyrics that much.

But, when RAFRAG came out I remember people mostly liking it. Has that changed over the years?

It was kind of an unexpectedly poppy song for them at the time. I've warmed up to it since, but I still think some of the lyrics are kind of lame. "Your eyes told the tale / of an act of betrayal / I knew that somebody did," really? They *did* an act of betrayal? Whatever, it's still a million times the song BUMPIN IN MAH TRUNK will ever be :P
    My new album "Carnival of Monsters" is out now! Go listen to it and post in the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDude View Post
    Enough is enough. If you don't stop, I will stab you all to death! Now get the fuck outta here!