Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about Kristy, Are you doing ok?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPX View Post
    It was kind of an unexpectedly poppy song for them at the time. I've warmed up to it since, but I still think some of the lyrics are kind of lame. "Your eyes told the tale / of an act of betrayal / I knew that somebody did," really? They *did* an act of betrayal? Whatever, it's still a million times the song BUMPIN IN MAH TRUNK will ever be :P
    I agree, although "A Lot Like Me" was also unexpectedly poppy for them, and I loved that song instantly, and still love it now. I agree about the lyrics, although they are about a serious subject, I don't feel they have the impact that Dexter probably intended them to have... It's not terrible, but it's certainly not one of their best songs, though it is better than "Fix You". And yep, I'd also take it over Cruising California any day of the week! hehe :P

It was kind of an unexpectedly poppy song for them at the time. I've warmed up to it since, but I still think some of the lyrics are kind of lame. "Your eyes told the tale / of an act of betrayal / I knew that somebody did," really? They *did* an act of betrayal? Whatever, it's still a million times the song BUMPIN IN MAH TRUNK will ever be :P

Well, you're definitely right about that "somebody did" line; it's a pretty lame way to rhyme something with "just kids."

If you don't want them to make anything that is not "Punk", or is to different from their "sound", just buy the Greatest Hits. It wont dissapoint you.
    Huntenpop, Ulft, Netherlands, 28 august 2009, 20km
    Pukkelpop, Hasselt, Belgium, 20 august 2011 -Canceled- 328km
    Zenith, Paris, France, 31 August 2011, 559km
    AB, Brussels, Belgium, 17 June 2012 (Ignition Club Show), 287km
    De Melkweg, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 18 june 2012 (Ignition Club Show), 132km

Orange Warsaw Festival, Warsaw, Poland, 26 May 2013, 1150km
    -----------------------------
    Conversation after Paris show:
    Me: "I bought a bottle of Dexter's saus"
    She: "You bought what?!?!"

I actually enjoy Kristy very much, and i do respect why Dexter wrote the song. I don't know why, but like most people it has really grown on me.
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

Quote Originally Posted by KTILLA23 View Post
    I actually enjoy Kristy very much, and i do respect why Dexter wrote the song. I don't know why, but like most people it has really grown on me.
    It grew on me too. It's not amongst my fave Offspring songs, and likely never will be. However, I really disliked the song initially. Over the years since I first got RAFRAG though, I have warmed to it. Unlike "Fix You", which I just don't think I will ever like...

Actually one of my favorites; because it is so different (and meaningful). Still like the acoustic version best.

I don't dislike it because it's poppy - I like a lot of poppy music - but rather because it's bland and generic. Compared to their other songs, and punk bands in general, it's different; compared to music as a whole, it's some of the most boring, predictable stuff ever. Plus Dexter's voice is just not good in that song.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Sara MZK View Post
    Epideme? Are you a Red Dwarf fan? lol
    Indeed I am - I just outright stole the name - It always surprises me slightly when the username is taken, because very seldom does it get recognised, so good call!

I see what you're saying, but it seems a little nitpicking to me, but i guess it depends what makes a song for you.
    Whatever they write, it's got to be better than some of bono's lyrics 'Have you come here to play Jesus to the lepers in your head?' and 'I'll give you everything you want, except the thing that you want' strike as a particularly suspect pair of lines...