View Poll Results: So who do you think rocks his guitar the best?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dexter

8 28.57%
  • Noodles

22 78.57%
  • Mr. Greg K

8 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is better guitarist?

Greg K. One-Badass-motherfucken-Bass player! He is the Shit!

Dexter is a decent guitarist but vocally, a one of a kind singer!

Noodles, of course Noodling on his guitar makes my heart-beat feel soooo gooood!

Pete is such a monsterous-drummer, so energytic and a pretty-damn hella cool dude!

haha greg k is beating dexter in the poll oh well im sure dexter would win the poll who do you think is the best offspring drummer dexter noodles higgins or todd morse

Smile

Voted for all! I gave my vote for Noodles Dexter and Greg K - It's weird poll because for sure Noodles is the lead guitarist, Dexter is the vocals and second guitarist and Grek K is the bass guitarist! So there's no way to compare them - everyone is great in what he does! Plus, Pete is the best drummer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Welcome to the club. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    If anything, dude, I'd say Noodles has actually gotten better in his old age. He's still a little sloppy, which as mentioned by Sara, for a punk guitarist is completely acceptable, but he's definitely less sloppy than he was a few years ago live. Weather he's given the beers a little bit of a rest or is just a better player I don't know, but he was a little sloppier in previous years.

I've also been in bands, and gone on stage mashed, generally I find that, If I'm very drunk and go to play guitar, I'll be sloppy, but if I've already been playing guitar while I'm drinking, it doesn't affect me. So if I go on stage sober and drink a couple beers up there, it's no effect at all. I'm sure Noodles can hold his beer, so no I really doubt it's due to his consumption of 2/3 beers during a gig.
    Okay. Forget the beers. That is really very individual for every person. I generally agree that when drinking beer on the stage, it hasn't got the proper time to get to your system during the gig, so, yeah.

The TKAA solo always shows me the best of what is Noodles' shape right now and now that I think about it, it has been recently better than a few years before. Maybe if they showcased him more, we would know more how much of a guitar player he is, but there is no need for that in punk rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    Actually it's not as simple as it might appear. Sure Noodles is the lead guitarist, and takes most of the solos, but he's also a really sloppy player. Watch any live version of TKAA, I'm sorry, but the dude basically can't play that solo. For a punk guitarist Noodles is a gem, most of them are fucking terrible, Noodles is a solid punk player.

Take Dexter though, in the very few songs where he takes a solo (What Happened to you, Dirty Magic etc), the solos are simpler than the ones Noodles plays, but Dexter never makes a mistake, he plays the part just like the record most every time. At least every time that I've heard.

So do you want a more advanced solo played sloppily, or a simple solo played cleanly?
    I'm not really saying Noodles is sloppy EVERY time either before anyone freaks out, but he definitely doesn't hit the notes like on the record most of the time.
    Also, who knows what else they can play like outside of the Offspring? I also just remembered that one video where Noodles is (very sloppily) playing some classical sounding guitar piece, which I doubt Dexter could play.

Also Greg is a bassist, and almost never comes off the root note, so he just shouldn't be included in the poll.
    I think that the reason of why is Greg K in this poll is obvious. Hes a guitar player too, doesnt matter that his guitar just got only 4 strings. But guys try to do, what hes done with his instrument over all those long years Its not as easy as you might think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im not a trendy asshole,
    do what I want,
    do what I feel like!

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    haha greg k is beating dexter in the poll oh well im sure dexter would win the poll who do you think is the best offspring drummer dexter noodles higgins or todd morse
    It's gotta be Noodles.

I voted for Dexter, but then I thought about it... it's really impossible to judge this because 1) we only know what Dexter's written for the band - we haven't heard each of the members try to do their best solos or whatever, and 2) comparing talent across instruments is really unfair. A bassist has to do a LOT to upstage a guitarist or singer in terms of what people consider to be talent, for example. I was gonna say Greg is the least talented, but then I thought, all we know is that his bass parts in Offspring songs are super boring and easy... but Dexter writes those, and how do we know that dude couldn't rock our faces off on the bass if he were given the chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I voted for Dexter, but then I thought about it... it's really impossible to judge this because 1) we only know what Dexter's written for the band - we haven't heard each of the members try to do their best solos or whatever, and 2) comparing talent across instruments is really unfair. A bassist has to do a LOT to upstage a guitarist or singer in terms of what people consider to be talent, for example. I was gonna say Greg is the least talented, but then I thought, all we know is that his bass parts in Offspring songs are super boring and easy... but Dexter writes those, and how do we know that dude couldn't rock our faces off on the bass if he were given the chance?
    I guess that Gregs got a lot of talent. His playing is definitely not boring but yes its not the most difficult stuff to play.
    do what I want,
    do what I feel like!

Looks like Mr. Noodles is going for the win. Way to go Kev
    do what I want,
    do what I feel like!