Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you see ourselves in five years?

Default Where do you see ourselves in five years?

Five seems to be about the right over/under year. A lot will happen in five years. The band will possibly drop a new album, or two, or retire. There may be an entire shift where the majority of the fan base moves from their punk rock 90's fan base to their post 2000 alternative fan base. Maybe that's already happened, though thankfully not here.

Like it or not this community is decreasing, and increasingly dependent on old members for good content. Inevitably, we'll gain a few and lose a few. The pattern seems to favor the latter.

Will you still be here in five years? How much longer will you stare at this twilighty, grayish forest with its empty emo bench? Will you eventually just say the hell with it? Will you slowly fade away, lurking more and posting less, fading into obscurity? Will you say the hell with all that nonsense, if everyone else is too cool then I'll be the one to help rebuild this place with thread after awesome thread?

In five years, will you still be here, and if so, in what capacity? Where do you see the board as a whole?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?

In five years I'll have been here for six years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

I'm rather surprised I came back here this time around. At least with the new album, there is a bit of activity around here. Used to be that if you hadn't been on in 24 hours, you had to go back three pages to see all the new posts for the day. I'll probably lose interest a little bit at a time, then return briefly when the next album rolls around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

I think there's a chance that as the excitement of the new album wears off, a lot of the members who have been posting in GOD frequently will migrate into GC and maybe a few of these new people will turn out pretty interesting. Some of them- Eskimo, NoGuessing, and Sara MZK come to mind- seem like they have potential to be good members.

As for me personally, no comment. How would I ever uphold my rep as the shadowy figure of the BBS who comes and goes in spurts, if you all knew my master plan?
    Last edited by XYlophonetreeZ; 07-07-2012 at 12:02 AM.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

People have been saying that the BBS is dying for the past 5 years anyway, so I don't expect much to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

Will I still be here in 5 years? I think as long as I'm still alive, and The Offspring haven't retired within that time, then I think I will be. I love the band, and I love engaging in meaningful and engaging conversation about the band's music with fellow fans. In 5 years time, I will have been a fan for the best part of 25 years, and if you've been a fan of a band for as long as that, then it's pretty much certain that you're going to be a fan for life.

I think that the messageboard right now is a hive of activity mainly due to the excitement and interest generated by the release of the new album. I feel sure that once this dies down (which I think is inevitable) the level of activity will drastically decrease, meaning there will be little potential for constant, and interesting dialogue about the band until probably the next time the band will release an album. Once that happens, my appetite for coming here will very lilkely wane, and my posting will become more sporadic and far less frequent... Of course, if I feel there's good enough reason for me to continue being a regular poster beyond that, then I will, but right now, I can't see that happening. I've seen some people posting recently who have been members for years before I joined, and their posts still number in the hundreds rather than thousands. I wouldn't be too surprised if in 5 years time my posts still number in the hundreds too. lol

@XYlophonetreeZ: Thank you.

No problem. Your intelligent and coherent posts make it easy to forgive you for liking Race Against Myself.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    No problem. Your intelligent and coherent posts make it easy to forgive you for liking Race Against Myself.
    Why you... It's you who should be on your knees seeking forgiveness for hating such a great song! *shakes fist at Xylophonetreez* Hehee xD

Seriously though, I have loved being involved in the debate over that song, it's interesting to hear others' opinions of it, even if they differ from mine. It is a great point of conversation, when there's differing opinions of certain songs (and even albums), even though we are all fans of the band. I like reading others' views of particular songs and albums, and why they have that view.

And thanks again.

Each and every person who was here five years ago will still be here five years from now, and we all know it. We're also powerless to stop it.

Hmmm, really don't know. I barely post here anymore, so probably won't be bothered in five years time. I'll be 27 so hopefully I'll have something better to be doing...as unlikely as that is.