Thread: Favorite vocals on song!

Default Favorite vocals on song!

I loooove the way Dexter sounds on Gone Away (because it is so heart-felt and real with emotions) and Pay The Man (because it is the sex).

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    I loooove the way Dexter sounds on Gone Away (because it is so heart-felt and real with emotions) and Pay The Man (because it is the sex).
    "Pay the man is the sex"??

For me his vocals sounds cooler in amerciana, the album. I don't know what they did there, if it was production related or only time related but he never sounded so cool again. Ixnay's vocals are pretty close to it though. It's probably 'cause it's around the same time and has the same productor: Dave Jerden.
    Any chance they ever work with this guy again?
    Last edited by malepunker; 07-20-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malepunker View Post
    "Pay the man is the sex"??

I'd say my favorite vocals would have to be from Get it Right '91. (And yes, there is a huge difference between this one and the album version.)

But if it has to be album song, I'd have to say either D/0 or Kick him when he's down.
    Your back's to the wall, that's protocol;
    It's sequestering your spirit, misleading us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles

The end of Million Miles Away is my favorite vocal part of any Offspring song if that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerKT View Post
    The end of Million Miles Away is my favorite vocal part of any Offspring song if that counts.
    Love that too! But I would say the ending of Denial Revisited, because of the beautiful aspect to it. And how it naturally flows into Vultures.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

The Blurb
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Opinions diverge too much about this. I'm disappointed, I thought most people would agree with me and think that americana's vocal was the best LOL

But really it's not only getting older right? The production must have a big influence on how his vocal sounds.

I always though Conspiracy of one and splinter had vocals "too forced"(I don't know how to put that in english). Anyway, it differs too much from the previous stuff. And both albums had the same production. They seem to keep the same productor for two albums most part of the time.
    Last edited by malepunker; 07-20-2012 at 07:46 PM.