Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • OC Guns

48 70.59%
  • Cruisin' California

20 29.41%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Guns or Cruisin' California?

I like them both. Both songs are successful experiments for me. I voted for "Cruising California" though, just because the most of the fans "shoot" it
    Enslave my mind...

At first, I was turned off to OC Guns because the spanish he speaks sounded weird to me. Although after time, the song really grew on me. It does a good job of invoking the images of what the streets of Orange County might look like at night with gang violence, and the instrumentals are absolutely wonderful. It reminds me a lot of Sublime, actually.

CC, though, is a travesty that I skip every time I play the album.

This was no contest for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

OC Guns

I absolutely love it instrumentally. My only complaints have to deal with the chorus (particularly the "shoot him in the back" line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe Death View Post
    It baffles me how someone can prefer something so simple minded as "omg dexter is cursing in spanish xD su funneh" over the sharp and brutal sarcasm and commentary of Pretty Fly. I speak fluent Spanish; OC Guns is just embarrassing.

I guess you'd have to be assholes to understand. lol
    Or, you know, a musician who doesn't really pay attention to lyrics, but rather focuses on musicality instead. OC Guns is a well-written piece of music, with a lot of creativity and clever, unique genre-mixing. Pretty Fly is musically pretty drab in comparison. Couldn't care less what the lyrics are about.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

My vote was for OC Guns, CC I have said enough they could of just filled it in with some poorly produced punk rock song and it would of been way better.

Btw OC Guns is awesome !! that's a offspring joke song, not CC...

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    CC really is a fairly decent song. I hated the damn thing at first. Now that I have listened to it a few times, I kind of like it and think it's actually a pretty darn good song. OC Guns is an all-time great Offspring song. Easily one their best ever...from any album. Offspring at their finest.
    Completely agree, its definitely one of the greats!its the only one i listened to twice in a row the first time i heard the whole album! except i still think CC is just terrible

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Comparing OC Guns to Pretty Fly is...embarrassing.
    I agree, but it sounds like we're in opposite ends of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Or, you know, a musician who doesn't really pay attention to lyrics, but rather focuses on musicality instead. OC Guns is a well-written piece of music, with a lot of creativity and clever, unique genre-mixing. Pretty Fly is musically pretty drab in comparison. Couldn't care less what the lyrics are about.
    A musician that doesn't really pay attention to lyrics and focus on musicality listening to punk? LOL

(I'm half-kidding.)

OC Guns is not musically impressive or well written, although the beat is pleasant. It's based off a very simple motif, and it actually does sound kind of sub par from the genre. Where I grew up such was a pretty standard, particularly in latin alternative hip hop. It's like none of you have ever listened to hip hop beats before or probably say you don't like it, but suddenly as soon as your favorite band does one in the genre, it's a masterpiece.

OC Guns saturday night live parody of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXtJkDHEAAc

In the other hand, songs like Pretty Fly are not standard or sub par in any genre. It is musically diverse and it is lead by well complemented by chord very driving chord progressions and experimental percussion far more creative than the 4-chord stuff you're so impressed by.

This place is funny. People regard "Ignition" as the best Offspring album and act like they're barely building on the basics of music and lyricism.

I also bet I'm a way better guitarist than you. Too many people like to stretch things and call themselves "musicians".

Llamas, you were right about him being a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Llamas, you were right about him being a dick.
    Lol, yep. I made my one comment to him, and that's enough. I suggest we all just look the other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk