Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • OC Guns

48 70.59%
  • Cruisin' California

20 29.41%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OC Guns or Cruisin' California?

Seriously? I could have done without both of them, but if I had to choose it'd be OC Guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Lol, yep. I made my one comment to him, and that's enough. I suggest we all just look the other way.
    Your comments are particularly dumb. Let someone else try. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe Death View Post

I also bet I'm a way better guitarist than you. Too many people like to stretch things and call themselves "musicians".
    You sound like too much of a pretentious douche for anyone to care what you think. I happen to know that Brianna (llamas) was quite an accomplished saxophone player several years back.

Also, I completely disagree with everything you said, and I'm currently studying music theory at my University, where I'm also going into my third year as captain of the drumline, not to mention the high school band and drumline programs I've worked with (and have had major success with) and the professional indoor percussion ensemble with whom I was drum captain for 4 years. I may not be a guitarist, but I'd bet money I know my way around a snare drum a hell of a lot better than you know your way around a guitar.

Yet despite all of this, how much do you think people care around here of my accomplishments as a musician when I talk about my opinions of music? Probably not a whole lot. So just remember that next time you claim you are a better musician than someone, therefore your opinion MUST be more valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    You sound like too much of a pretentious douche for anyone to care what you think. I happen to know that Brianna (llamas) was quite an accomplished saxophone player several years back.

Also, I completely disagree with everything you said, and I'm currently studying music theory at my University, where I'm also going into my third year as captain of the drumline, not to mention the high school band and drumline programs I've worked with (and have had major success with) and the professional indoor percussion ensemble with whom I was drum captain for 4 years. I may not be a guitarist, but I'd bet money I know my way around a snare drum a hell of a lot better than you know your way around a guitar.

Yet despite all of this, how much do you think people care around here of my accomplishments as a musician when I talk about my opinions of music? Probably not a whole lot. So just remember that next time you claim you are a better musician than someone, therefore your opinion MUST be more valid.
    I said I'm a better guitarist just for that reason. I was being facetious.

So you only play the snare drum? No offense, but I was never much impressed by drum ensembles. I mean, some of them are sick composers, but they don't seem a fraction as skilled as a metal drummer. I wonder what the equivalent for something like string-skipping sweep arpeggios is on the snare drum.

While I'm into musical theory and history as a past-time, I major in BS Physics and BA Philosophy. And your improper use of the term 'valid' makes me cringe.

Now to the main point of this reply:

-If your objection to a post is its presentation rather than content, you're confirmed for being an impressionable twat.

Anyway, I don't know what your background in musical history, but I like hearing from the perspective of experienced percussionists.

Hey, if you two freaks want to exchange emails, fall in love, or just meet for a cold fresca and discuss this stupid shit, have at it. If you could possibly stay somewhat on topic, as I am sure you two fucking self proclaimed geniuses probably have that ability, that would be just super. Otherwise, shut the hell up. Your splashing the thread with your fucking idiotic cock swinging that zero people give two shits about.

I just witnessed the gayest pissing contest I've ever seen, congratulations you two cocky fuckers.

I said I'm a better guitarist just for that reason. I was being facetious.

So you only play the snare drum? No offense, but I was never much impressed by drum ensembles. I mean, some of them are sick composers, but they don't seem a fraction as skilled as a metal drummer. I wonder what the equivalent for something like string-skipping sweep arpeggios is on the snare drum.

While I'm into musical theory and history as a past-time, I major in BS Physics and BA Philosophy. And your improper use of the term 'valid' makes me cringe.

Now to the main point of this reply:

-If your objection to a post is its presentation rather than content, you're confirmed for being an impressionable twat.

Anyway, I don't know what your background in musical history, but I like hearing from the perspective of experienced percussionists.
    You remind me a lot of MrScottMusic, Scythey. Rude, condescending, and bursting with vicious croons of self-importance. But congratulations on liking A7x. Or is it Ax7?
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    You remind me a lot of MrScottMusic, Scythey. Rude, condescending, and bursting with vicious croons of self-importance. But congratulations on liking A7x. Or is it Ax7?
    Hey, at least I back up the stuff I say instead of saying "durr i'm a musician and I like this music that's why". If anything you should be complaining about the twits changing the subject about how butthurt they are about me challenging their unsupported opinions about what's embarrassing and what isn't (like you).

Oh, and if you're going to pretend you know something about bands in metal, then try not saying something half-assed and laughably ostentatious.
    Last edited by Scythe Death; 07-23-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Cool

[QUOTE=TheJakes84;1476778]Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk) wasn't a joke song but, I shall go for OC Guns. Liked the way Dexter cussing in Spanish. Soooo cute.[/QUOT

so cute in spanish ~

A musician that doesn't really pay attention to lyrics and focus on musicality listening to punk? LOL

(I'm half-kidding.)

OC Guns is not musically impressive or well written, although the beat is pleasant. It's based off a very simple motif, and it actually does sound kind of sub par from the genre. Where I grew up such was a pretty standard, particularly in latin alternative hip hop. It's like none of you have ever listened to hip hop beats before or probably say you don't like it, but suddenly as soon as your favorite band does one in the genre, it's a masterpiece.

OC Guns saturday night live parody of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXtJkDHEAAc

In the other hand, songs like Pretty Fly are not standard or sub par in any genre. It is musically diverse and it is lead by well complemented by chord very driving chord progressions and experimental percussion far more creative than the 4-chord stuff you're so impressed by.

This place is funny. People regard "Ignition" as the best Offspring album and act like they're barely building on the basics of music and lyricism.

I also bet I'm a way better guitarist than you. Too many people like to stretch things and call themselves "musicians".
    You're probably right, these "fans" in here are a bunch of cunts. They are also very resentful indeed, they must have A LOT of issues! None of them paid attention to the lyrics about leaving their "baggage at the door!"