View Poll Results: Which is better, OC Guns or Crusin' California

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • OC Guns

    48 70.59%
  • Cruisin' California

    20 29.41%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 66

Thread: OC Guns or Cruisin' California?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,119


    Default

    Wild idea...re-read the premise of this thread...digest it and respond accordingly. Any other response of any kind about any other subject, no matter how self-indulgent you may feel, just forget it. Friggin ADD and self esteem issues in this thread is astonishing.

    OC GUNS

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,754


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Hey, if you two freaks want to exchange emails, fall in love, or just meet for a cold fresca and discuss this stupid shit, have at it. If you could possibly stay somewhat on topic, as I am sure you two fucking self proclaimed geniuses probably have that ability, that would be just super. Otherwise, shut the hell up. Your splashing the thread with your fucking idiotic cock swinging that zero people give two shits about.
    I actually thought the conversation was quite interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrscottmusic View Post
    You're probably right, these "fans" in here are a bunch of cunts. They are also very resentful indeed, they must have A LOT of issues! None of them paid attention to the lyrics about leaving their "baggage at the door!"
    Mr. Scott is back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    436


    Default

    Can we ban this dude already?

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,754


    Default

    Mr. Scott?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    Just temp banned him. Fucking tired of this shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scythe Death View Post
    Hey, at least I back up the stuff I say instead of saying "durr i'm a musician and I like this music that's why". If anything you should be complaining about the twits changing the subject about how butthurt they are about me challenging their unsupported opinions about what's embarrassing and what isn't (like you).

    Oh, and if you're going to pretend you know something about bands in metal, then try not saying something half-assed and laughably ostentatious.
    If by "back up the stuff you say" you mean "be super pretentious and aggro so people get distracted by what a dick I'm being and maybe won't poke any more holes in my already flimsy statements," then sure. But Thomas is a really gifted drummer. And you're running around calling Avenged Sevenfold metal?! I mean, seriously? Tom Warrior called, he's on his way to your house.
    Last edited by Little_Miss_1565; 07-24-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: to avoid double posting
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



  6. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    267


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Just temp banned him. Fucking tired of this shit.

    If by "back up the stuff you say" you mean "be super pretentious and aggro so people get distracted by what a dick I'm being and maybe won't poke any more holes in my already flimsy statements," then sure. But Thomas is a really gifted drummer. And you're running around calling Avenged Sevenfold metal?! I mean, seriously? Tom Warrior called, he's on his way to your house.
    I did not say that Avenged Sevenfold is a metal band. I always mentioned they were a metalcore band. He (not I) brought up Avenged Sevenfold as a backhanded remark when I was talking about metal with the intention to make it seem like I was calling them metal. I called that a laughable pretense, yet you fell for it. I don't know if that should make it funnier or just tragic.

    My intention is not to be "super pretentious and aggro", especially not for distraction purposes, Little_Miss_Straw_Man (straw man is a fallacy, look it up). My comments reflect exactly what I feel about that. I also hope that by aggro you don't mean "likes to thoroughly refute points", because if so I'm afraid you don't understand argumentation very well. Now let's look at the post again:

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Or, you know, a musician who doesn't really pay attention to lyrics, but rather focuses on musicality instead. OC Guns is a well-written piece of music, with a lot of creativity and clever, unique genre-mixing. Pretty Fly is musically pretty drab in comparison. Couldn't care less what the lyrics are about.
    How do you respond to this?

    "Or, you know, a musician [...]"

    As if your pretentious ass was the only musician?

    >>>"who doesn't really pay attention to lyrics, but rather focuses on musicality instead." "Couldn't care less what the lyrics are about."

    As if your pretentious ass is the only one who focuses on musicality?

    If you don't pay attention to lyrics, what the hell are you doing listening to The Offspring? The punk genre in general is known for being very conventional and simple-minded. I understand that there can be artistry and appeal in the musicality of punk, but it's a huge stretch saying that conventional punk is "well-written".

    Also, I understand that The Offspring can be particularly eclectic, like in Americana and the song Pretty Fly, which according to Llama's is just drab.

    Then she proceeds to say this:

    >>>"OC Guns is a well-written piece of music, with a lot of creativity and clever, unique genre-mixing. "

    Unique genre-mixing? As if she had been living under a rock for years or has never been exposed to any world music. OC Guns is really just a sub par, conventional latin alternative hip hop beat with a verse with the bass, guitar, and vocals in the verse doing the same cheesy progression of 3 notes. I mean, it's almost justifiable how silly it is given that it's a joke song, but it's ludicrous to call it "creativity, clever, and unique genre-mixing".

    So unique!... Did she think that the instrumentation and the fact that they're referring to latin gang-life and talking in spanish were just a coincidence?

    If anything "creativity, clever, and unique genre-mixing" is the description of Pretty Fly. Does anyone think they can tell me just in what established genre they have heard the same musical elements that songs such Pretty Fly?

    I mean, the unconventional percussion elements, the heavy and varied riffage with chromatic arrangements, Def Leppard and other samples, and some of the sharpest sarcasm I've heard in a song-- sounds more of "creativity, clever, and unique genre-mixing" than a sub par Latin hip hop parody.


    A strong argument can easily be derived from these claims, but what sort of insightful counterpoint I get? Nothing, but a bunch of irrelevant complaining, pro hominem, and misusing logic terms such as "validity" as if any of you somehow made any sort of point.

    "awmg she plays dah sax"
    "awmg I play the snare"
    "awmg ur a jerk"

    "maybe won't poke any more holes in my already flimsy statements"

    Poke any more holes? You're implying that someone somewhere poked some sort of hole in anything I said. If that's the case, I invite you to quote such an event. It's too easy for some people to derive claims from plain wishful thinking. Fortunately, everything that has been said in this thread is written and quotable, so please humor me.

    If anything, what I want is people to argue properly and make their best possible effort to refute my claims and arguments. Instead, what I get is cliche kids like Llamas thinking she can make points by hinting at truisms and platitudes. What professor of yours told you that that's remotely intelligent? Do we all suddenly have the acumen of a pretentious, impressionable middle-schooler?

    So if it wasn't obvious, all this time I've been hinting that your objection with me is not pretentiousness, given that you let unjustified shit like this pass:

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Comparing OC Guns to Pretty Fly is...embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Prankster, Pretty Fly etc... these songs are simply just horrible and not even in the same league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Or, you know, a musician who doesn't really pay attention to lyrics, but rather focuses on musicality instead.

    The fact that you're not complaining about these people are just trying to pass with generic, pretentious one-liners (many of which don't have any semblance of a justification or back-up) makes me think that you're just predisposed to siding with the bandwagon of regulars and their mob mentality just because. Remember that kid that called me pretentious and tried to arguing with me by using logic terms he did not understand as if he was somehow impressing someone (I mean someone educated- he impressed you) unknowing to the fact that I actually study logic? Yeah, you agreed with him, and now it looks like shit's repeating.

    How can you call someone pretentious if said person is right? Pretense and ostentation are a matter of pretending. You can call me condescending, but of what consequence is that to me?


    tl;dr:

    OC Guns is not better than Pretty Fly and I have the unpopular opinion against the intellectual equivalent of a middle-school posse of posers or English majors.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Delaware. Hi. We're in.. Delaware.
    Posts
    467


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scythe Death View Post
    I did not say that Avenged Sevenfold is a metal band. I always mentioned they were a metalcore band. He (not I) brought up Avenged Sevenfold as a backhanded remark when I was talking about metal with the intention to make it seem like I was calling them metal. I called that a laughable pretense, yet you fell for it. I don't know if that should make it funnier or just tragic.

    My intention is not to be "super pretentious and aggro", especially not for distraction purposes, Little_Miss_Straw_Man (straw man is a fallacy, look it up). My comments reflect exactly what I feel about that. I also hope that by aggro you don't mean "likes to thoroughly refute points", because if so I'm afraid you don't understand argumentation very well. Now let's look at the post again:



    How do you respond to this?

    "Or, you know, a musician [...]"

    As if your pretentious ass was the only musician?

    >>>"who doesn't really pay attention to lyrics, but rather focuses on musicality instead." "Couldn't care less what the lyrics are about."

    As if your pretentious ass is the only one who focuses on musicality?

    If you don't pay attention to lyrics, what the hell are you doing listening to The Offspring? The punk genre in general is known for being very conventional and simple-minded. I understand that there can be artistry and appeal in the musicality of punk, but it's a huge stretch saying that conventional punk is "well-written".

    Also, I understand that The Offspring can be particularly eclectic, like in Americana and the song Pretty Fly, which according to Llama's is just drab.

    Then she proceeds to say this:

    >>>"OC Guns is a well-written piece of music, with a lot of creativity and clever, unique genre-mixing. "

    Unique genre-mixing? As if she had been living under a rock for years or has never been exposed to any world music. OC Guns is really just a sub par, conventional latin alternative hip hop beat with a verse with the bass, guitar, and vocals in the verse doing the same cheesy progression of 3 notes. I mean, it's almost justifiable how silly it is given that it's a joke song, but it's ludicrous to call it "creativity, clever, and unique genre-mixing".

    So unique!... Did she think that the instrumentation and the fact that they're referring to latin gang-life and talking in spanish were just a coincidence?

    If anything "creativity, clever, and unique genre-mixing" is the description of Pretty Fly. Does anyone think they can tell me just in what established genre they have heard the same musical elements that songs such Pretty Fly?

    I mean, the unconventional percussion elements, the heavy and varied riffage with chromatic arrangements, Def Leppard and other samples, and some of the sharpest sarcasm I've heard in a song-- sounds more of "creativity, clever, and unique genre-mixing" than a sub par Latin hip hop parody.


    A strong argument can easily be derived from these claims, but what sort of insightful counterpoint I get? Nothing, but a bunch of irrelevant complaining, pro hominem, and misusing logic terms such as "validity" as if any of you somehow made any sort of point.

    "awmg she plays dah sax"
    "awmg I play the snare"
    "awmg ur a jerk"

    "maybe won't poke any more holes in my already flimsy statements"

    Poke any more holes? You're implying that someone somewhere poked some sort of hole in anything I said. If that's the case, I invite you to quote such an event. It's too easy for some people to derive claims from plain wishful thinking. Fortunately, everything that has been said in this thread is written and quotable, so please humor me.

    If anything, what I want is people to argue properly and make their best possible effort to refute my claims and arguments. Instead, what I get is cliche kids like Llamas thinking she can make points by hinting at truisms and platitudes. What professor of yours told you that that's remotely intelligent? Do we all suddenly have the acumen of a pretentious, impressionable middle-schooler?

    So if it wasn't obvious, all this time I've been hinting that your objection with me is not pretentiousness, given that you let unjustified shit like this pass:








    The fact that you're not complaining about these people are just trying to pass with generic, pretentious one-liners (many of which don't have any semblance of a justification or back-up) makes me think that you're just predisposed to siding with the bandwagon of regulars and their mob mentality just because. Remember that kid that called me pretentious and tried to arguing with me by using logic terms he did not understand as if he was somehow impressing someone (I mean someone educated- he impressed you) unknowing to the fact that I actually study logic? Yeah, you agreed with him, and now it looks like shit's repeating.

    How can you call someone pretentious if said person is right? Pretense and ostentation are a matter of pretending. You can call me condescending, but of what consequence is that to me?


    tl;dr:

    OC Guns is not better than Pretty Fly and I have the unpopular opinion against the intellectual equivalent of a middle-school posse of posers or English majors.
    ... I just like the Mariachi band... o_o
    Your back's to the wall, that's protocol;
    It's sequestering your spirit, misleading us all.


    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    Default

    That was a very long post. I'm surprised that Skytho hasn't been banned, as he monopolized the forum with a monologue of biblical proportions. Just so all you atheist punx know, that means it's
    BIG
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    267


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BagOfShenanigans View Post
    ... I just like the Mariachi band... o_o
    I got it covered

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBrSjKK8T3o

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    If you were trying to prove that you're not overly aggressive and pretentious with a refutation that is many times longer than my post, I'm sorry to say you haven't helped yourself on that point.

    And seriously, this feels like my old Philosophy 101 class 10 years ago. No.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •