View Poll Results: Are you boycotting Chick-Fil-A?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 40.00%
  • No

9 60.00%
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you boycotting Chick-Fil-A?

Default Are you boycotting Chick-Fil-A?

Are you boycotting Chick-Fil-A?

I don't see a reason to. It's just their opinion. I especially don't like how governors in Boston and Chicago have told Chick-Fil-A they can't do business there. That sends the message that all citizens should be thinking the same way those governors do.

Related: Gay Rights activists hold a "Kiss-In": http://articles.cnn.com/2012-08-03/u...-gay-marriages
    Last edited by bighead384; 08-04-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Point of order: Chicago and Boston haven't actually blocked CFA from opening stores there. They've just committed acts of being blowhards, which really all politicians are.

I haven't bought anything at a CFA in years because it's not new that they donate corporate funds to anti-gay initiatives. They can do whatever they like with their money, but they don't need to do it with my money.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Don't really care, i have never and will never go there anyways.
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

I have just learnt about Chick-Fil-A this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan fr den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ignition- View Post
    Jojans planer lter bra.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Are you boycotting Chick-Fil-A?

I don't see a reason to. It's just their opinion. I especially don't like how governors in Boston and Chicago have told Chick-Fil-A they can't do business there. That sends the message that all citizens should be thinking the same way those governors do.
    Yes, I have been for quite a few years. It's not just their opinion, they are actively giving financial support to organization working against homosexual equality. Furthermore, boycotting them is in no way an 'attack'. I'm not preventing them from doing business, I just choose not to give them mine. Everyone who was interviewed during the National Chick-Fil-A Day thing said that they were there to protect CFA's freedom of speech, to support their right to choose, and to defend them against people who would try to infringe on their rights. That's horse shit and they know it. They are there to support homophobia and nothing else. That's okay, they have every right to do that, just as I have every right to not support CFA, but at least be honest about your motives. The only people even attempting to infringe on others rights are those within CFA responsible for funding anti-homosexual groups.

Chick-Fil-A can still open up shop in Boston and Chicago, there's no official law or anything against it. I can't say I support what those governors said. I mean, it's perfectly fine to say they disagree with CFA's practices, but it's a little extreme to say they aren't welcome. It just doesn't seem like their place to me. Still though, CFA is in no way banned from either city.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by KTILLA23 View Post
    Don't really care, i have never and will never go there anyways.
    same here

I actually live in Massachusetts, so one could almost say that this is a very local thing for me.
    Now, to my argument:
    I would vote no for a few reasons. First, I think that our Mayor For Life Thomas "Mumbles" Menino has committed a grave mistake in telling CFA to get out and stay out. Now, he was never a pro-business Mayor For Life anyway, but this is simply amazing. To tell a business that has not done anything wrong (meaning breaking laws or evading taxes or something) to stay out of Boston is downright absurd. Clearly, Mumbles enjoys McDonald's more. I have no opinion in that regard, as I have never eaten at either venue, and never will, because of my severe allergy to peanuts and peanut oil. In other words, I would be killing myself by eating there.
    Second, there is no need for the Mayor For Life to tell them to screw off. Why? Because gays, lesbiens, transgenders, bisexuals, and other "gay" groups DON'T HAVE TO EAT THERE. If they disagree, then don't go there. And CFA should be allowed to open it's doors for another reason: every time we Massachusettsians see a CFA, we will think about gay rights.
    Finally, there are undoubtedly several other businesses that don't support gays and in fact support antigay groups. But Mayor For Life Mumbles will ignore them, because giving them attention would be fair, just, and uniform, 3 things that Democrats hate. It surprises me how big of a deal this is. But as Chris Smoove once said, " It's amazin'-mazin'"
    So, in the end, I voted no, and feel strongly that this is the right choice.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis lev.

Godxilla, if I'm not mistaken he urged CFA to withdraw their permit application. Menino did nothing legally binding. It's political posturing.

There are many orgs whose heads are very conservative personally, which is fine, but CFA goes the extra step of making this part of their corporate mission.

CFA gets to choose what they support, and others get to choose not to support them because of it.
    Last edited by Little_Miss_1565; 08-04-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Just for the record, there are other companies I choose not support for similar reasons. I will never bu anything from or donate to the Boy Scouts of America and I will never have anything to do with the Salvation Army. On the other hand, I'll eat the shit out of some In-N-Out.

What is it that people don't seem to understand about this whol Boston/Chicago thing? There is no real situation here, it's just political pandering that literally ever politician since the dawn of time has participated in. As I said, I think they should have merely expressed their disapproval and left it at that, but they aren't actually doing anything to CFA.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    What is it that people don't seem to understand about this whol Boston/Chicago thing?
    It's the same sort of untruth that leads many people to think not supporting CFA = suppressing free speech. Disagreement is also a form of free speech. Buying Chik-Fil-A does not mean you are a free speech crusader. But that doesn't seem to stop anyone from publicly proclaiming this. Thus, mayors expressing their personal disapproval of CFA's policies and how they don't want to see them in their cities apparently also means they're legally blocking them from entering the city limits...even though it doesn't.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street