Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Offspring CONFIRMED for Australian Soundwave Festival 2013.

So.. No to this years VANS WARPED TOUR '13? Hopefully they do end up playin' next year's '14!

Yeah, the Soundwave shows have become a lot bigger in the last 3 or 4 years since they were there last. It's pretty full of all the hardcore/screamo douches though, when you get down from the top-tier headliners.

Hopefully these days they'll get to play for a big longer than last time. Even as one of the headliners, it was pretty short & sweet. Though Maiden was pretty extended & awesome year before last.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Yeah, the Soundwave shows have become a lot bigger in the last 3 or 4 years since they were there last. It's pretty full of all the hardcore/screamo douches though, when you get down from the top-tier headliners.

Hopefully these days they'll get to play for a big longer than last time. Even as one of the headliners, it was pretty short & sweet. Though Maiden was pretty extended & awesome year before last.
    they are playing for an hour

Can't wait to see them at Melbourne Soundwave, and headline show in melb the following week. Ignition in full is going to be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
    So.. No to this years VANS WARPED TOUR '13? Hopefully they do end up playin' next year's '14!
    I hope not they should do a 30th anniversary tour in 2014 and play the first album and smash

Self-Titled would be a bit of a stretch. I'd say the chances of a Smash anniversary mini-tour would be pretty good odds, though, especially given the fact they're doing the Ignition stuff. I'm still laughing that they even bothered doing the Ignition shows, much as I love the album. From their perspective it seems a little...yeah. Oh well, just shows the faith in their "core" fan base to turn out, I suppose.

Well Noodles said they might do it because it will be the 25th anniversary of the first album and the 20th anniversary of Smash if they do a Smash anniversary tour I hope it's not a mini one I hope it's like 30 shows

I guess my point was that probably, what, 5-10% of people who enjoy the band would even be familiar with the S/T? I can see a couple of shows in Orange County or whatever, maybe, but I doubt they'd be touring overseas with a first-album thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    I guess my point was that probably, what, 5-10% of people who enjoy the band would even be familiar with the S/T? I can see a couple of shows in Orange County or whatever, maybe, but I doubt they'd be touring overseas with a first-album thing.
    I agree

And I would love to see them play it in Huntington Beach if they do one

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I hope not they should do a 30th anniversary tour in 2014 and play the first album and smash
    I'm already saving money for this.