Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Type Of Music Would You Classify Offspring Under?

Default What Type Of Music Would You Classify Offspring Under?

THis is a thing I could never really figure what type of music Offspring was. Now I believe they are a type of punk. But to me they are just the Offspring.

Well it's an interesting question, one which I believe doesn't have a proper answer.

Some people say punk, but I classify punk as more Vandals sort of stuff.
    Some people would say punk-rock, which I think is closer to the offspring's style, but then you get people calling Good Charlotte punk-rock, so maybe thats not it either.
    Not only that, but The Offspring do a few variations, some of their songs are far more rocky, some far more punky. I just classify them as The Offspring, the best genre I can think of them being is Rocky-Punk.

i think 'punk metal' as its a lot heavier than other punk like good charlotte or green day

Hmm, I don't think so, there's nothing really too metally about The Offspring.

Maybe Alternative-Punk?!

So we are in agreement that the offspring are in the genre of
    Offspring. That is the best I think for them. And thats why I like them, cause they have no real genre.

Indeed, although I think alternative-punk is a reasonable genre.

same here

I'm glad someone agrees with me.

I live in Hodonín. Itīs town in the Czech Republic

Thumbs up

Now thereīs a chance for me. The first two albums are punk. Smash is also punk. All the albums are punk, but from "Ixnay" they are more and more rocky, but I think, that "Ixnay" is their best, but it doesnīt matter. I think, that now they play skate punk! Someone said, that itīs something like Good Charlotte punk, but Good Charlotte is shit!!! Maybe "Hold on" and "Predictable" are good, but my friend borrowed me their first album and it was really shit!!! "The Offspring" are best in skate punk, because they play it in different way than other skate punk bands. Maybe who says that they are The Offspring genre is right, because itīs really something different than other genres and itīs great!!!!!

I agree with all of you, also with the sort of alternative punk, because they got the California Music Award for outstanding alternative album.
    But you can't really classify their style and that's more than great.
    And apart fromt that I don't really care what sort of music it is. It's just sounds great and even though Ixnay is different from Smash or Ignition (all albums are different from the other ones) it's great.
    I think that this Offspring style is just good, because the melody always fits to the lyrics. And that's more important than to stay in a genre. They don't try to stay in agenre, they just do the things which fit for them.

TRIVIAL

Und jedes Positron entlädt sich.