Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: dilemma

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    508


    Default dilemma

    Ok dudes n dudettes listen up, I have a dilemma

    *insert scary music here*

    Ok...so heres the drill. Ive been offered a job in Bahrain, Middle East (where I was before) for 10 weeks, possibly a year if I excel, in that 10 weeks I would earn roughly $12,000 with no tax - so imagine what I would end up earning in a year. Some unruly figure that would mean id be able to come back to Australia, buy a car, apartment and get another sort of job and be able to live comfortably for a while. It sounds perfect doesnt it.

    Its not...I love Steve (my man) , I dont think I could bear to be away from him for that long. It sounds so pathetic, im going to talk to him about it tonight - I have to make the decision by tomorrow morning. Id be leaving on the 18th of November, which is in 2 weeks.

    I just dont know what to do, a part of me really wants to go, as I know I need the money...another part of me wants to stay with my boyfriend. I might go for those 10 weeks, and not take up the job for a year, or somehow, find a job for Steve over in Bahrain for a year as well - although something tells me he wouldnt be prepared to pack andup and leave. Im used to it, Im used to leaving people behind. Its just I actually have the choice whether I want too or not...and its eating me up inside.

    I'd wait for him, I mean...I wouldnt cheat on him over there with the American Navy dudes and the like, never ever...its just a question on whether he could wait for me or not. I suppose it could be a test, and if he really did wait, then it'd prove his love to me.

    So yeah i know this is a forum...and we odnt normally deal with this shite - i just wanted to know everyones opinion on the matter thats all.

    Cheers dudes n dudettes
    Freedom scares you because it means responsibility

    we've had this thread

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    306


    Default

    I'd say go. How long have you been with this guy and do you know it's a completely solid relationship where you now you will marry him in the future? If not then go. If he agrees to wait for you then that's a bonus, the rest is whether you truly want to wait for him or whether your just saying that now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    England | UK
    Posts
    1,431


    Default

    Go. For the 10 weeks at least. If its really that bad and you can't cope with your man, then go back home.

    Good luck with it all.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cascadian Exile
    Posts
    19,591


    Default

    Go. Chances are you'll build a chemical attraction to another male at some point in the future. And if not, well we don't need your genes spread anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •