Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soundgarden: King Animal

Default Soundgarden: King Animal

Finally a new album, the release date is 13th november, and judging from this preview that's a bit too far away

Sounds exactly like how they've been saying it would: weird and very Down on the Upside-ish. Sounds like they picked up exactly where they left rather than a rehash of something old, but it's still classic Soundgarden. It probably won't reach the heights of Badmotorfinger and Superunknown, but I like the experimental side of the band and my expectations have just gotten higher...

It only took them 16 years to make another cd. I have to say I'm kinda happy they are going to release a new one.

sounds tight. I didn't care much for Live to Rise when I first heard it (it grew on me though, what with seeing Avengers a bunch). Definitely looking forward to this.

Live To Rise was totally average and blahh, but I guess it got the job done. I like it more on a "fits well with the movie and the credits" vibe than liking the actual song. Hope the album's, you know, actually good.

they delayed offspring's performance at kroq weenie roast and didn't even play black hole sun

Tracklist:

1. "Been Away Too Long"
    2. "Non-State Actor"
    3. "By Crooked Steps"
    4. "A Thousand Days Before"
    5. "Blood On The Valley Floor"
    6. "Bones of Birds"
    7. "Taree"
    8. "Attrition"
    9. "Black Saturday"
    10. "Halfway There"
    11. "Worse Dreams"
    12. "Eyelid's Mouth"
    13. "Rowing"

The music in the trailer sounds totally sick. They weren't lying when they said the album is going to be weird and experimental, and I hope this goes for the rest of the tracks also. My expectations just got a hell of a lot higher. Holy shit

And to those who didn't like Live to Rise... Do you notice anything?
    Last edited by Rooster; 09-17-2012 at 10:27 AM.

That music, plus that album art, reminds me of Mastodon in a good way. Can't wait to hear this album.

Default Black Hole Sun

won't you come

and wash away the rain

The trailer is kinda impressive. Never really got into them. I remember Black Hole Sun, Audioslave song and I checked his solo albums out...strange

Well, I'd deffinitely check Superunknown and Badmotorfinger first, if I were you. It depends on what you prefer; if you like heavier music I'd start with Badmotorfinger, if you fancy something a bit more experimental and diverse go with Superunknown, which is probably my favorite Soundgarden record as of now. Down on the Upside is good too, but somewhat less consistent, and weirder than Superunknown. From what we've heard so far, King Animal could be even weirder and more experimental. I absolutely love the eerie atmosphere of the artwork and music in this trailer.

The first single from the album, Been Away Too Long, premieres tomorrow apparently. Dammit, I want it now! I want something to get me through these two remaining months until the album's release, hopefully the single would suffice. I'd like to wait for the first time listen of the album when I get the actual CD, it'll be out just about a week before my birthday, so it would be a perfect present. Just spin it in my car for the first time and have a trippy ride home would be perfect. BUT judging from my past experiences, every single time I wanted to wait to get the CD before listening, I failed and downloaded the leak as soon as it got out. So I expect this to happen again

Super stoked about this.

There was some confusion last week, but now the song can be found online. Google is your friend

First impressions: deffinitely a Soundgarden song, although it doesn't sound like anything they've done before. It's kinda punky, fast paced song, perhaps it could even be described as poppy, but bear with me here - it's nothing like Live to Rise. It's probably one of the easier songs from the album, and as an album opener it'll do just fine

Of course Cornell is nowhere near his Badmotorfinger days, but anyone who is expecting him to sound like that after all these years is just kidding him or herself. He sounds just fine, a bit raspy, but does a good job, and I have absolutely nothing against hearing a full album of it. But there's one person who absolutely kills on this song, and that's Matt Cameron. Fuck yeah! Guitars also bring just the right ammount of agression, and Shepherd's bass lines are easilly heard over the rest, the mixing is good.

Anyway, a very, very welcome return! And a great choice for the first single, I might add
    Last edited by Rooster; 09-27-2012 at 01:10 AM.