Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soundgarden: King Animal

wow a lot of the old post on this thread were deleted

After a few more listens the song became a bit boring. It's not that there's anything particulary wrong with it, it's just not "weird" enough for a Soundgarden song. But I can deffinitely see how this could be a popular single, so good choice. And in the context of the album this song could work well, it's good as an opening track.

The song descriptions and the first review of the album that I found (and also the trailer) are hinting thet there are more experimental tracks to be found on it, so my expectations are still high. It's Soundgarden after all, experimenting has always been their strong point.

So this song is good, not greeat, there's probably much better material on King Animal

kroq and 987 fm played the song a lot today it's ok i guess

A snippet of the track By Crooked steps can be heard, along with the commentary on the song:

Classic Soundgarden. Nothing more needs to be said.

This is gonna rule. HARD.

Short clips of the songs are coming almost every day, along with a whole new song Non-State Actor that as been released. And from what I heard so far, there's really gonna be some amazing stuff on the new album. Blood on the Valley Floor sounds freaking fantastic, heavy and sludgy! Taree also sounds like it could be a brilliant song (and apparently it was written before the band broke up), and so do many others.

This album is not gonna disappoint

Seriously, holy fucking shitballs! This sounds like it could easilly have been on Superunknown, reminds me of Mailman, but it would also fit really well on Badmotorfinger. And Cornell sounds amazing in this clip (not the same as 20 years ago of course, but holy fuck)!

http://www.universal-music.de/soundg...e-valley-floor
    Last edited by Rooster; 11-02-2012 at 03:33 PM.

30 second snippets of the songs: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/recsradio/ra...=001&track=013

Deffinitely a diverse album, which I like. Of course we still need to hear the whole thing, but from these snippets I think I'm gonna like this album more than Down on the Upside.

It sounds like a Soundgarden album, but it's different than their previous efforts.

This is it guys, the album is streaming. Well, at least first 5 songs are so far, I think the rest will follow shortly. By Crooked Steps, A Thousand Days Before and Blood on the Valley Floor are just unbelievable, this is pure fucking Soundgarden!

http://www.dr.dk/p3/programmer/smag-...long#clip14779

I really want to listen to it, but i want to wait until I can hear the entire album. That, and I'm in the middle of writing an essay :/

Don't worry, we're probably gonna here the whole album today, as it's streaming on iTunes, so it's only a matter of hours or maybe even minutes before a rip appears somewhere

Hoping you din't have much trouble with your essay

Edit: yep, it leaked. I'm currently on the song 7, and so far all the expectations have been surpassed. Seriously, this is a great album. Just the perfect balance between heaviness and experimental bits if you ask me. And grungy, oh yes!

Edit2: Holy shit, this is fantastic! The weakest 2 tracks on this album are Been Away Too Long and Halfway There, and even these two are good songs. Good, just not brilliant, but I expect them to grow on me. Halfway There is a bit poppy, but I'm actually starting to like it. Other than these two, the rest of the songs are brilliant. Tons of diversity, plenty of weird moments and also heaviness. This IS better than Down on the Upside. Jesus, what a comeback!

Edit3: After a few more listens it might not be better than Down on the Upside (I just re-discovered that album and liked it a hell of a lot more than before), but that said it's not of any lesser quality either. King Animal is a great album in its own right, and deffinitely feels like a natural progression. It's deffinitely too early to properly rank it.
    Last edited by Rooster; 11-07-2012 at 04:34 PM.