Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you went back in time to your country in the 1700s...

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    You know, I can't figure out how I'd do it, but I know the objective would be to establish credibility as a guy from the future who knows more stuff than everybody else without scaring the living shit out of everyone.

If this worked, I'm sure I'd have no trouble getting laid. That might be weird though, because these would be people who are actually dead. And who don't shave their armpits. Or shower daily.
    Why does everyone assume that this would be so easy?

Concerning large-scale historical trends, saying things like "Oh, the Americans will win their independence" or "John Hancock will be a signatory to the declaration" or even "The British will burn down the White House" would essentially be seen as the equivalent to being a pundit. It would take some serious micro-level knowledge to impress upon someone that you actually know the future.

We had people forecast the market crash and the recession, but we don't treat them as if they know the future. It would be similar except that people would assume that you make outlandish claims routinely.

"That bighead," they'll say. "He's a loon, but he may be right about the war. Seems to know who'll win the next battle even if he's not sure where it is. Who knows, who knows. Might be right."
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

If I built a time machine, I'd bring back the dinosaurs and all of the greatest musicians that I still keep on listening to their stuff. XD
    Last edited by Dulce; 12-11-2012 at 03:28 PM.

I'd most likely be sentenced to the stake in no time ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
    If I built a time machine, I'd bring back the dinosaurs and all of the greatest musicians that I still keep on listening to their stuff. XD
    You know, it's been proven that bringing Dinosaurs back to life was not such a good idea... (source : HERE )

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Ha, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    You know, it's been proven that bringing Dinosaurs back to life was not such a good idea... (source : HERE )
    Jurassic Park. Where's Dino and Barney?