Thread: All Drummers Report Here !!!!!!!

Default All Drummers Report Here !!!!!!!

I've played the drums for 2 years and iam just wondering if i should get a double bass pedal. I play in a punk rock band called The Megladons.(any of u play in bands)what music do u do?

It's upto you, if you play punkrock, then you probably don't need one. But if you want to experiment and you've got nothing else to upgrade on your drum kit then getting a double pedal could be fun.

thanks, i might do that then!

I recommend it. It helped me train my left leg better!

You'll probably want one if you want to do really awesome drum solos. People like Matt Zorro (Gun's 'N' Roses) have them and it sounds so awesome live.

By the way, I don't understand how you play both bass drums and the high hat, I am one confused little Drum dude

I live in Hodonín. Itīs town in the Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by alextittycomb
    You'll probably want one if you want to do really awesome drum solos. People like Matt Zorro (Gun's 'N' Roses) have them and it sounds so awesome live.

By the way, I don't understand how you play both bass drums and the high hat, I am one confused little Drum dude
    Drummers have their hi-hats usually off if they play on double pedal in song. But if they do good setting of hi-hat cymbals and have it on, it sounds good, but usually they have it off.

I live in Hodonín. Itīs town in the Czech Republic

I play in band called "Hidžra". We practise 7 songs by Nirvana and 2 songs by The Offspring (Gotta get away and Self Esteem). I am drummer. I play drums for one year. I think that double pedal in punk is useless and in my opinion it doesnīt fit to this kind of music. I know that for example in "Sinister Rouge" by Bad Religion Brooks Wackermann plays on double pedal and it sounds good, but I heard more punk songs with double pedal and I didnīt like it and still donīt like it. But there are two points of view. First, if you are sure that your bandmates are good musicians, there is no serious problem (maybe money for it ). But if you arenīt sure about them, you should to postpone it and think about it. Maybe theyīll be better after some time. And one more thing. If you arenīt sure that you are good drummer, you should to ask your bandmates or maybe other people if they think you are good or not.