Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Days Go By going to be a download in Rock Band

Quote Originally Posted by Sara MZK View Post
    What's different about it, other than the non-fade out ending? :\ Though even if it had been the album version, it wouldn't have faded out, as Rock Band uses the master tracks, and the master track wouldn't fade out. lol
    There are two guitar parts missing (the intro riff and a subtle extra guitar at the main riff), and the verse melody and bridge are changed.
    Personally, I suspect it's an old version of the song, which they probably thought was going to be the final result, and send it to a few radios and Harmonix (devs of the game), and then made a few changed in the last second before actually putting it on the album.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDK View Post
    There are two guitar parts missing (the intro riff and a subtle extra guitar at the main riff), and the verse melody and bridge are changed.
    Personally, I suspect it's an old version of the song, which they probably thought was going to be the final result, and send it to a few radios and Harmonix (devs of the game), and then made a few changed in the last second before actually putting it on the album.
    Having just listened to the album version for the first time in a while, after hearing the Rock Band version so often recently, I was surprised at how different it sounded! When I first heard the Rock Band version, I really thought it was no different to the album version... The version on Rock Band sounds like stripped down version of the song that ended up on the album. Though I prefer the extended bridge in the Rock Band version, and Dexter singing "Start again..." just before he shouts "Go!" (which is not in the album version) I think you're probably correct as to how this version rather than the album version ended up in the game. It does sound like an older version of the song, as the album version has extra guitar parts, and layered vocal harmonies which aren't the Rock Band version. I like both versions, but it would have been nice to have the master track of the album version, as it wouldn't have had the fade-out... ah well. lol

Cool, I don't play guitar hero but it's great to hear a different version of same song.