Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official fanclub, advantages for fans, etc.

Exclamation Official fanclub, advantages for fans, etc.

Hello,

maybe was this idea already here, but I would like to know, why doesn't exist some official The Offspring's fanclub like other bands do (Sting, Linkin Park).
    Every member must pay fee every year (for example 50$), but fans have really big advantages, like pre-sale ticket access, collectible T-shirt (only for fan-club), discount in the store and of course some exlusice content (old records, demos, sometimes chat with one band member), or meet and greet chance. If is the show near some fans (for example Prague, Czech republic), they are invited to meet and greet the band before the show. It's aproximately 100 people and they can meet the band, say few words with members and get sign some stuff (poster, CD, etc.)

Maybe are guys lazy, and they don't care about these things, or there is nobody, who will manage this project...

But it would be great or not?

You can meet the band anyway. You just need to know the right people.

Being a fan is not about who has the most money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan fr den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ignition- View Post
    Jojans planer lter bra.

I agree with that, but I am still missing more activity from band (fan connection).

Isn't the band (Noodles mostly) replying to threads not enough connecting with fans for you?

I don't like the whole idea of paying for meet and greet with the band and stuff. In that case it's all about money, it's not random and the true happines of succes and the magic is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    Isn't the band (Noodles mostly) replying to threads not enough connecting with fans for you?
    I am sorry, I didn't know about it...
    Does he use some special nick, so I could notice his reply sometimes?

We have the bbs, and they are for example giving us the opportunity to buy tickets in advance. I'd enter a fan club of course, but the idea of paying for it is not so fair.

They have their own reasons for not having a fan club. You can get access to presales for local shows by joining their mailing list. If you want to go to something farther away, you can always post here asking about presales. As far as meet'n'greets, they also have their own reason for not selling those or backstage passes like other bands do(lol and people say the Offspring are sellouts :P At The Used concerts, you have to buy a cd to get into the post show "meet'n'greet" which is really just an autograph session). If you pay attention to the radio and even get in touch with people in your area from the BBS, that is your best way to get into a pre/post show meet'n'greet. Not all shows have them though. I went to a festival on Sunday and there wasn't one. There was a "Enter your name in a hat and meet them briefly pre-show through the radio station" meet'n'greet, but I guess because of the size of the venue and other factors, there wasn't one after the show. They even had the buses blocked off, which I haven't seen at an Offspring show before. That is the other way to meet them. Usually, people will wait by the buses after the show. We tried to do that Sunday, but the buses were in a restricted area surrounded by security. Did it the last time they came through, but their tour manager came out and told us they didn't have time to come out and meet the 15 or so people that were waiting. He was super nice though.

Fan clubs don't bring us closer to the bands. These guys work really hard to stay in touch with their big time fans. You'll find if you pay attention, meeting them and bonus stuff isn't as hard to come by as it is with most bands.

Noodles posts under the accout "Noodles" with the user title "Band member". He is also a big fan of Twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

They did have a fan club once upon a time...I want to say it was around Ixnay. I was a member, and it was cool and stuff, I guess, but they stopped having it. As Lost points out, they do a pretty good job of staying connected with fans, and they'd probably post here on the forum more often if people were generally nicer.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street